Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Mr. Hunter wasn’t so happy when Miss Starfire went along with Mr. Thunder’s idea to cross the Village and enter the forest from that location. He wasn’t happy at all Mr. Thunder was coming along and his Wolf Sister was fine with that as well. What was wrong with her, Mr. Hunter wondered. She’s acting like she doesn’t want to be alone with me. That was something he just couldn’t comprehend at all.

     Mr. Hunter frowned when he noticed they were heading right for the Meeting House. And it looked like the meeting going on inside was wrapping up. He knew Mr. Stalker had been leading this particular session and would be exiting any second. How likely would it be they’d be past the building before that happened?

     Michar and Risinghawk were the first to exit. And they both spotted Mr. Thunder, Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter approaching. Mr. Hunter groaned inside. Everything was going wrong. He might as well just turn around and go back. He had a bad feeling Mr. Thunder did all this deliberately but the question was why?

    “Michar! Risinghawk!” Mr. Thunder greeted. “Meeting over?”

    “Yes it is.” answered Michar.

    Smiling broadly Mr. Thunder turned to Miss Starfire, “Hey. I bet you’d rather spend this time with Mr. Stalker than your Wolf Brother and me.”

    Miss Starfire took a deep breath. Beside her Mr. Hunter snarled angrily but softly. Mr. Thunder looked at them both as they came to a halt, unable to keep the smile of triumph off his face. He knew he’d prevented something that had Miss Starfire upset, he just didn’t know what.

    Michar and Risinghawk came up to them. “Mr. Stalker is on his way out Miss Starfire.” Risinghawk said. “He’ll be pleased to see you here.” Then he said, “Good to see you Mr. Hunter and you Mr. Thunder.”

    “We were just on our way for a run in the forest.” said Mr. Thunder.

    Mr. Forest and Mr. Brown emerged from the Meeting House. They both greeted Miss Starfire, Mr. Hunter and Mr. Thunder.

    Mr. Hunter was totally frustrated now. No longer was he willing to stand around talking. He had wanted to be alone to Mate with Miss Starfire again, to be comforted by her and now that wasn’t going to happen. He glanced angrily at Mr. Thunder who wasn’t paying him any direct attention. Mr. Hunter decided to leave. “I got to go. See you all later.” He turned and walked away and as he did he noticed Mr. Stalker coming from the Meeting House talking to a couple male Pack Members. Mr. Hunter ignored the round of friendly, “See you laters” that followed him. He was just too angry to be friendly right now. He growled under his breath, hating Mr. Stalker at the moment and despising himself for feeling that way.

    “Miss Starfire!” said Mr. Stalker, pleased to see his Mate.

    “Mr. Stalker.” greeted Miss Starfire, relieved to see him and relieved her Wolf Brother had left.

    “I need to talk privately with Mr. Stalker, if you’ll excuse me.” Mr. Thunder said to Michar and Risinghawk.

    “Of course.” They both said then they said their goodbyes to Miss Starfire and headed off. Mr. Forest and Mr. Brown both greeted Mr. Thunder and Miss Starfire before heading off as well.

     “Mr. Stalker, can I speak to you? It’s urgent. I think Miss Starfire should hang out here and wait for us.” Mr. Thunder said to Mr. Stalker.

    Mr. Stalker looked at him with sudden concern in his radiant silver eyes. He glanced at Miss Starfire who was watching them. “Of course Mr. Thunder. Miss Starfire, you will wait for me?”

    “Yes, I will Mr. Stalker.” Miss Starfire was glad to stick close by. Mr. Hunter might be lurking nearby, just around the corner of one of the buildings or houses.

    Mr. Thunder led Mr. Stalker a ways away from Miss Starfire but kept her in direct sight. “I need to tell you something about Miss Starfire.”

    “What?”

    “There’s something going on between Mr. Hunter and her and its upsetting Miss Starfire. I wanted you to know. I interrupted something just a short while ago. I don’t know what, but Miss Starfire was upset. Now Mr. Hunter is.”

    Mr. Stalker growled, his radiant silver eyes flashing red. He ran a hand through his iron grey hair. “Thank you Mr. Thunder. You’ve done me a great favor by alerting me to this.” He glanced at Miss Starfire who was gazing off in the opposite direction at the moment. “Actually, you’ve done myself and Miss Starfire a great favor. Thanks.”

    Mr. Thunder nodded. “I care for you both. And Mr. Hunter. What ever is going on it just needs to stop. We need no more tragedies to occur.”

   “I agree Mr. Thunder. Now, I’m going to take care of my Mate. I won’t forget your help here.”

    Mr. Thunder smiled then turned in the direction of Miss Starfire, “See you later Miss Starfire.” He called to her as he walked away.

    “Bye Mr. Thunder.” She called after him.

    Mr. Stalker went to her and took her by the hand, “Now we’re alone and I’m going to spend some time with you, a lot of time.” He smiled, pushing his anger aside. He didn’t want to be angry at her; he did love her, had for a long time. No, he’d take his anger out on Mr. Hunter who had no right to be chasing after his Wolf Sister and another Wolf Male’s Mate. He had no doubt that Mr. Hunter was still pursuing Miss Starfire after hearing what Mr. Thunder had to say.

    Looking up at him Miss Starfire giggled, “Sounds nice.”

    “And I will make it nice.” Mr. Stalker said, leading her back across the Village to their house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Mr. Stalker is 'man' enough to make this right, get that problem brother off his Mates back.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm happy to get to read more of this story. I'm glad Mr. Thunder was able to put a stop to Mr. Hunter trying to get in bed with Miss Starfire. Wonder what Mr. Stalker is going to do now that he knows that situation never stopped.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 8, 2010
Last Updated on December 8, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline