Chapter 28

Chapter 28

A Chapter by Tina Kline


    “Everyone is so happy.” grumbled Mr. Hunter. “Mom’s having a Wolf Baby, Miss Starfire is having a Wolf Baby, Armand and Miss Feather are soon to be Mates, finally, and no doubt we’ll hear very soon Miss Feather is having a Wolf Baby.” Mr. Hunter didn’t even bother to try and keep the bitterness out of his voice.

    “You come from a very fertile family.” said Mr. Thunder.

    “Yeah. I’m positive I can get a Wolf Female pregnant with no problem.” Suddenly a thought occurred to him that made him freeze. What if Miss Starfire was carrying his Wolf Child? It was possible! He felt cold and hot at the same time thinking about this possibility. His heart was beating too fast and he felt giddy and lightheaded. He did manage not to gasp in shock at his thoughts.

    Mr. Thunder noticed Mr. Hunter’s odd behavior and came to a halt beside him. They were on their way to Mr. Tallpine’s Village, formally known as Mr. Redwood’s Village. Their new Pack Leader was Mr. Tallpine. Like Mr. Redwood, Mr. Tallpine had no Mate.

    “What is it Mr. Hunter?” Mr. Thunder finally asked.

    Mr. Hunter made a startled movement and looked at Mr. Thunder. “Nothing. I was just thinking.”

    “You look pale and your eyes are glittery with some sort of excitement. So I don’t believe it’s nothing.”

    Mr. Hunter shook his head. “I’m not going to talk about it. Let’s get to Mr. Tallpine’s Village and look for Wolf Females like we talked about.”

    Mr. Thunder eyed him a moment or two longer, not wanting to end the conversation but knowing it was best to do so. He didn’t really want to get into a fight with Mr. Hunter. That wouldn’t help either of them.

    “Okay Mr. Hunter. Looking for Wolf People Females will be a much better activity anyway.”

    “I agree.” said Mr. Hunter. He started walking again and Mr. Thunder fell in beside him. Soon enough they reached the Village.

    “Now we hunt.” grinned Mr. Hunter.

    “Yes, now we hunt.” agreed Mr. Thunder.

    They strode boldly into the Village, giving and receiving greetings from Wolf People who were of Mr. Tallpine’s Pack or were visiting like they were. A tall Wolf Person called out to them. His hair was long and reddish brown. His eyes were radiant and yellowish brown. “Mr. Thunder. Mr. Hunter. Welcome.”

    “Hi Mr. Tallpine. Thanks for allowing us to visit your Village.” Mr. Hunter said.

    Mr. Tallpine nodded his head in acknowledgement. “And how is your Wolf Father, the Pack Leader?”

    “He’s doing well. So is Louise, Mate to the Pack Leader.” answered Mr. Hunter.

    “Glad to hear it. I’ve Pack Business to attend to so you both enjoy my Village.”

    “We will.” said Mr. Hunter.

    They both stood there watching Mr. Tallpine stride toward his Meeting House when a pretty female Wolf Person walked into their view.

    “Hmmm. That’s a nice looking Wolf Female.” said Mr. Thunder.

    “Yes, she is pretty.” Mr. Hunter said. She was pretty but Mr. Hunter was having a hard time getting Miss Starfire out of his head.

     “You can do it.” Mr. Thunder said as if he could read Mr. Hunter’s thoughts. He couldn’t read them because Mr. Hunter was blocking them. But Mr. Thunder didn’t really need to read them to know what Mr. Hunter was thinking and feeling.

    “You’re right Mr. Thunder. I can do this.”

    The pretty Wolf Person kept walking, not noticing Mr. Hunter nor Mr. Thunder watching her so intently. But several of her Pack Members did. Another Wolf Female hurried after her and stopped her. Mr. Hunter and Mr. Thunder watched this encounter with amused interest.

    “We’re being told on.” Mr. Thunder said with a grin.

    “That we are.” agreed Mr. Hunter.

    The two Wolf Females didn’t have pleasant expressions on their faces as they talked in heated undertones.

    “Come on.” Mr. Thunder said to Mr. Hunter and walked up to the two Wolf Females. “Hi. I’m Mr. Thunder from Mr. Black’s Pack.” He greeted them.

    The Wolf Females didn’t smile but they did say “Hello.”

    “I’m Mr. Hunter of Mr. Black’s Pack.”

    “Oh! You’re one of the Pack Leader’s Sons, are you not?” the first Wolf Female asked. She had a slight smile on her face now.

    “I am.” Mr. Hunter said with a smile of his own.

    “I’m Miss Lavender.” The first Wolf Female introduced herself. She had long dark brown hair and radiant grey eyes. “This is my friend Sunlight.” Sunlight’s hair was long and white and her eyes were a radiant silver. They were both smiling now, looking Mr. Hunter and Mr. Thunder over with sudden interest. But it was obvious they were much more interested in Mr. Hunter than Mr. Thunder.

     “Care to show us around your Village?” Mr. Thunder asked.

    Miss Lavender and Sunlight’s eyes swept to him then quickly returned to Mr. Hunter. The Pack Leader’s Wolf Children always get the positive responses, Mr. Thunder thought but he didn’t really mind. He was half way there to enjoying a female Wolf Person just because he was friends with the Pack Leader’s Son.

    “We’d love to show you around our Village.” Miss Lavender said, “Right Sunlight?”

    “Of course.” They were both still looking at Mr. Hunter.

    Mr. Hunter hid his smile. He was feeling uncomfortable, like they weren’t really seeing and smiling at him but at the Pack Leader’s Son, seeing him only as a status symbol. But he wouldn’t let it bother him “Okay. Lead the way to the most interesting things about your Village.”

    Both Mr. Thunder and Mr. Hunter had visited this Village many times and knew all the interesting and not so interesting things about it back when Mr. Redwood was Pack Leader. They were more interested in spending time with Miss Lavender and Sunlight and having the two Wolf Females show them around was a fantastic way to spend time with them and get to know the two Wolf Females. Mr. Hunter and Mr. Thunder were eager to see where this adventure would lead them.

    “Come with us.” Miss Lavender said in a cheerful voice.

    Mr. Thunder and Mr. Hunter did just that.

 




© 2011 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great chapter. The guys got the girls!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome. It looks like Mr. Thunder and Mr. Hunter have found Wolf girlfriends. I hope only good comes from this for them.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 6, 2011
Last Updated on February 6, 2011


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline