Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    Alex and Miss Feather walked through the Village to Armand’s house. Armand had a couple wooden chairs and a chest he wanted Alex to carve some designs into. Plus he wanted to get Alex use to his house. He wanted his Wolf Son to feel comfortable at his house. Miss Feather and Alex should be living here; it should be all of their home, along with Jennifer.

    As they approached Armand’s house Miss Feather noticed Miss Starfire, Mr. Hunter and Mr. Thunder hurrying through the Village, all with determined expressions on their faces. She noticed Mr. Hunter looked angry. What’s going on with those three, she wondered. Perhaps I’ll ask Armand if he knows what’s going on with his younger twin Wolf Brother and Wolf Sister. But after a moment or two thinking about it she decided not to.

    Her thoughts went back to Armand as she and Alex reached his house. This was the house he had shared with his former Mate Miss Fern. She felt a burst of emotional pain in her stomach. Armand had abandoned her so easily and taken another Mate and had settled down in this house to live his life with her. Did she really want to enter this house? She had avoided this place since her forced return to the Wolf People World. Her steps slowed.

    Alex noticed his mother slowing down. He didn’t want this problem with her at all. He was eager and happy to finally be visiting his dad’s house and he didn’t want his mom ruining this opportunity. He looked up at her with a frown, “What’s wrong?”

    Miss Feather glanced down at him. She forced a smile on her face, “Nothing. Nothing Alex.”

    “You’re slowing.” He pointed. “Dad’s house is just right there.” He knew she was upset about being here at Armand’s house because of what ever it was that had caused his parents to separate. Her smile didn’t fool him, it was obviously faked. He wished his parents would make up so they could all be a happy family like they were supposed to be.

    Miss Feather decided to try to be as honest as she could. “Just having memories. Some are painful, as you know.”

    Alex took her by the hand. “The past is in the past mom, let it stay there. You taught me that.”

    Miss Feather laughed softly, “Yes, I did Alex and those words are true. I need to apply them to myself. Thank you for pointing that out, you’re very helpful.”

    Alex smiled, “We help each other. That’s what family’s are for, at least they should be.”

    “Yes, they should be.”

    They’d come to a halt a few feet from the porch of Armand’s house as they talked. Armand heard them outside talking and opened the door. He looked down at Miss Feather and Alex as they looked up at him.

    “Dad!” greeted Alex. “We’re here!”

    “Yes. Come in both of you. Welcome to my house.”

    Alex dashed up the stairs, his tool box in his hand. Miss Feather came up the steps much slower. She stared at Armand as she did and he stared at her.

    Miss Feather smiled and looked away. Armand held out his hand to her and she placed her hand in his. Armand sucked in his breath, trying to be quiet about it but failed. Feeling her warm hand in his was electrifying and very pleasing. It made him want to feel more of her body. He wanted Miss Feather to look at him directly again so he could gaze into her eyes. He wanted to see desire there for him but she refused to meet his eyes.

    “I’m pleased you came along with Alex.” Armand said as he led her inside.

    Miss Feather made a little sound in response, unable to think of anything to say. As she stepped inside she quickly looked around. Armand’s house looked just like any ordinary Wolf Person’s house. There was nothing special about it. She expected to see evidence of Miss Fern having lived here. Perhaps he had gotten rid of anything that reminded him of her, Miss Feather thought.

    “You have lots of room here living alone.” Alex said, standing in front of them looking up.

   Armand forced his attention from Miss Feather to look down at his Wolf Son, “You’re right Son, lots of room.”

    Alex looked at Miss Feather, “We should move in here with Dad, Jennifer too. His house is even a little bigger than Grandma Moonshine and Grandpa Mr. Grey’s house.”

    Miss Feather gasped in shock and embarrassment. An image of herself and Armand came to mind of them in bed together, pleasuring each other. Why did Alex have to say such a thing, she wondered as she dared a glance at Armand to see what his reaction to Alex’s words were.

    This time their eyes locked and she saw in his he was imagining the same exact thing as she was. She quickly looked away.

    “Well Mom, Dad? Why are we not living together?” Alex demanded.

    “Son, well…I’d like that.” said Armand. He looked at Miss Feather who had gone slightly pale. “Why not Miss Feather? You, Alex, and Jennifer move in here?”

    Miss Feather took a deep breath and let it out slowly, “We are not Mates Armand, that’s why.” She looked at her Son, her and Armand’s, “That’s why Alex. Armand and I are not Mates.”

    “Then become Mates!” Alex said loudly, his frustration at not having a family living together and acting like a family getting a strong hold on him.

    Miss Feather let out an embarrassed laugh then looked at Armand. Seeing the serious expression on his face along with his desire for her sent the laughter away.

    “Miss Feather.” Armand said, his tone as serious as his expression, “Will you be…”

    “No! No!” Miss Feather said in a loud panicked voice. She knew what he was about to ask her and it filled her with fear.

    “Mom!” cried Alex, “Mom! Why?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a cliff hanger! Where's the rest of the story!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Armand asked Miss Feather to be his Mate??!! How exciting, it had to happen eventually. And poor Alex, just wanting his family to be a family.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 29, 2010
Last Updated on November 29, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline