Chapter 31

Chapter 31

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    “The Mating Ceremony isn’t far off.” said Mr. Thunder to Mr. Hunter. They were sitting on a log bench watching one of the fire pits being freshened up in the center of the Village. There’d be a huge fire burning in it during the Ceremony, plus wooden platters placed about with cubes of freshly killed raw meat placed on them.

    “Yup. My big Wolf Brother will finally have the love of his life.” said Mr. Hunter.

    “Well, we’ll have that soon. Miss Lavender and Sunlight have taken to us. How do you feel about them?” 

    “They’re both very pretty and very friendly.” Mr. Hunter grinned when he said that. “But as for Mate material? Hmm.”

    Mr. Thunder grinned too. “Which one do you like, you know, best?”

    Mr. Hunter gazed up at the dark sky. “Hmm. I don’t know.”

    “Well, decide. You’re a Pack Leader’s son; you can have your pick. They both would take you.”

    Mr. Hunter looked at Mr. Thunder. “You pick first then. That way you won’t feel cheated. Besides I like them about the same.”

    Mr. Thunder made a little noise. Mr. Hunter couldn’t tell what emotion was behind it so he said nothing, just waited for Mr. Thunder to make his decision.

    “Are you sure?”

    “Come on Mr. Thunder. Just decide. I can’t believe it’s that difficult.”

    “It’s not. I’ll take Miss Lavender.”

    “Good. Sunlight will do for me.”

    They both looked at each other then chuckled.

    “We need to invite them to the Mating Ceremony. There’s still time.” said Mr. Thunder.

    “Good idea. Let’s send out a message of invitation to them.” Mr. Hunter said.

    “I’m with that. Let’s go do it.” Mr. Thunder and Mr. Hunter went to send their messages.

   

    “I’m so nervous.” said Miss Feather as Moonshine and Louise helped her get ready.

    “Ah, it only gets better after the Ceremony.” Louise said to her. “I’m so happy you and Armand are finally becoming Mates.”

    “I am too.” Moonshine said. She was decorating Miss Feather’s hair while Louise was decorating her dark Mating Ceremony clothing.

    “I hope I have another Wolf Child soon.” Miss Feather said looking at Louise’s swollen belly. “You’re so lucky Louise.”

    Louise paused and smiled, putting her hand on her belly. “I’m pleased. I think fertility runs in my Wolf Children’s blood so you could be pregnant in a very short time.” She said to Miss Feather.

    “That’s true. Miss Starfire already has a Wolf Child on the way and Armand and I already have Alex.” Miss Feather said.

    “It’s all positive, my Daughter.” said Moonshine.

    Miss Feather looked at her Mother who had stepped back to observe Miss Feather’s hair. “I’m so happy.” She said, tears sparkling on her lashes.

    “Ooooh.” Moonshine wrapped her arms around Miss Feather. “I thought I’d lost you! Mr. Grey and I did. I just wanted to die! But you returned to us just when we gave up all hope.”

    Then they were both holding each other tightly and sobbing. Louise decided it was a good time to leave. There really wasn’t anything left to do so she slipped quietly out of the house.

    As she hurried to her house she smiled to see all the activity going on preparing for the Mating Ceremony, thoughts of Armand’s first Mating Ceremony came to her mind as well as the memory of Miss Fern. She pushed those thoughts away. MIss Fern was in the past and she had brought her tragic ending upon herself. Right now she would only think about Armand and Miss Feather. They were meant to be together. What happened to her should never have happened. It was those evil Others, they’re bad seed all the way around. She shuddered thinking about them. She spotted Miss Starfire and Mr. Stalker. Ah, I’ll focus on them and chase away my dark thoughts.

   She looked at Miss Starfire, seeking any sign of her pregnancy. They were heading for the forest. Louise saw Miss Starfire hug her stomach; she saw the pain on her Wolf Daughter’s face and knew where they were headed. The Human World to kill and eat a human.

    Louise smiled; we are the werewolves of human myth and legend. Humans just don’t know werewolves are real and have been feeding on them for many centuries.

 

    Miss Starfire and Mr. Stalker emerged from the Misty Grey Veil that separated the Human World from the Wolf People World into an urban park. It was dark but there was a lot of human activity.

    Miss Starfire stood there looking around. “Wow.” She said softly. The park was tended lawn with cement pathways snaking through it. Old fashioned looking streetlights lined these pathways but they were placed far apart so they created pools of darkness in the spaces in between them. Several joggers were using these paths and groups of teenagers wandered aimlessly about the park. Surrounding the park were myriads of tall glass buildings with lights on in the windows halfway to the top. The street dividing the park from the city was full of traffic that was just managing to crawl along.

    “Let’s hunt, my love.” said Mr. Stalker. He pointed to a cluster of lilacs minus their blooms. “We can step behind that and shape shift. That way we won’t scare the prey causing them to panic.”

    Miss Starfire nodded and they went behind the bushes and shape shifted into their Wolf Forms. Coming back around they saw a human coming their way.

    Let’s take this female. Mr. Stalker said to Miss Starfire, mind to mind.

    Okay! Miss Starfire was so excited she felt like she was on the verge of losing control. The scent of the approaching human was so intoxicating and good it was overwhelming.

    Follow my lead. Mr. Stalker said and moved toward the human, seeming to glide over the lawn.

    Miss Starfire was right behind him. Just as the human saw them it was too late for her.

 

   

 

 



© 2011 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Looks like things might just work out for all of them after all. Awesome!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's nice to see Miss Feather excited an happy about her up coming Mating Ceremony. Miss Starfire is about to have the best feast of her whole entire life.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 9, 2011
Last Updated on February 9, 2011


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline