Chapter 1: God of Bad Luck

Chapter 1: God of Bad Luck

A Chapter by Michael Yang

As the sun was starting to raise, Vain look at his wife as he took his sword out of its sheath.

"I'm going to go hunt something. I'll be back in a few seconds."

"Oh okay, I'll keep watch until you return."

Vain nodded his head at Luvia's response before running off. He kept running until he saw some deer like animal along the road.

"That reminds me, I don't know what is edible and what isn't. Well no point in going back empty handed."

He lunge at the creatures, cutting one of their heads clean off, and letting it flop to the floor as the rests of the herd ran away. Vain's sword had no blood on it as he sheathed it and walked close to the decapitated body. But before he could pick it up a shadow was cast over him. Before he could turn around a giant light blue dragon landed on him. But he wasn't crushed, Vain held it up with his right hand only, and manage to stop himself from being crush. Two bodies pour out of the shadow in front of Vain and held the dead animal as they look at Vain.

"Take that back to the village and tell Luvia that I'm going to be a little late."

They nodded their head before sinking back into the shadows along with the carcass. Vain was about to jump out from underneath when he felt more pressure above him. As if something landed on top of the dragon.

"Great... like I needed more problems. Get the f**k off me!"

As Vain pushes the dragon up, knocking whatever was standing on it backwards onto the ground, Vain jump out from underneath, rolled once, and stood up as he assess the situation. A red dragon that was laying on the ground, on his back, stood up on two feet and carrying two swords in each hand. After he stood up, his gaze was focus on Vain, who was the size of his toe.

"Oh... a human knocked me over, how interesting."

"Sorry to break your bubble lizard breath, but I'm hardly human."

"What you are matters not to me. All that matters to me is this female here."

He swing one of his swords, which are also as massive as him, towards the light blue dragon on the ground.

"Zec!"

A blue magic circle form, something then shot out of it, and stopped the blade close to her neck. It was a blue and white robot, the size of a human, and with ten swords floating along its back. It held the sword in its hand before hitting it away with its swords.

"What do you need of me Master?"

"Oh, nothing much. Just make sure you block his friend that's all."

Zec notice a green dragon, wielding a bow, flying high in the sky. Zec then flew around the red dragon and stay a few feet away from the green dragon. They stared at each other as Vain stood in front of the red dragon.

"Why are you getting in the human? This clearly has nothing to do with you."

"That's where you are wrong. It has everything to do with me. The moment she landed on me it became my problem."

"I do not understand your comprehension. How does that involve you?"

"Clearly you're stupid, so allow me to spill it out for you. If you really don't want to involve people you'd handle this privately. Cause the minute you make a ruckus around someone you're clearly making it their business."

"But as I recall human value their lives more then anybody else. They tend not to stick their head out in case the attacker kills them. So stand down if you value your life."

"How about you stand down? Last time I check not all humans are wusses!"

Vain unattached the chain, his coat falling off his left shoulder, as he bit onto the right sleeve, and took off his coat. Letting it lay on the ground, the dragon started laughing hard at what he saw, and swung his sword at Vain.

"You think someone like you can beat me!"

Vain had a wide grin as a dark left arm then grab onto the blade stopping it in place, but it was different from his shadow arm. Dark energy flowed out of it in waves dispersing once it travel pass his shoulder.

"You really are stupid. Didn't I say I wasn't human."

The sword his arm was gripping suddenly turn black and then was absorb into his arm.

"Ah... that didn't taste too bad. Now then care to be my next meal?"

The red dragon step back and looked at the green dragon. It summoned a magic arrow and fired it towards Vain. It split into twenty arrows as it was travelling, but was immediately destroyed by Zec. As he struck them all down with his blades.

"How did he...? He only had ten blades."

"Bests to not underestimate me or my summoning."

The red dragon gritted his teeth as he flew back to the green dragon and they left. Vain made his left arm disappear as he picks up his coat and shakes it. The light blue dragon continue to lay on the ground unconscious. Zec flew over to Vain and stood beside him.

"So... how are you planning to move her, Master?"

"Who knows? I don't usually plan for anything and it's not like we can bring her to the village looking like this."

Zec look at her and scanned her body.

"Seems to me she is one of those special dragons. So she should be able to turn human."

"I see. A legendary, ancient, or something like that were what they were called, right?"

Zec sigh as he face palms himself before replying, "Master as much as you call everyone dumb. You're also pretty dumb."

"I know, but not like I care."

The light blue dragon then open her eyes slowly as she remembers what was happening and tried to stand up immediately. She fell back down hard shaking the ground underneath them.

"Hey hey, take it easy. You're still pretty injure."

"And you two are?"

"I'm Vain and this is Zec."

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Milady. Please excuse the rudeness of my Master."

She giggle as she reply, "My, what a gentleman. I guess with someone like you here your goal isn't to hurt me, is it?"

"Of course not. Your safety is our number one priority, Milady. With that said, may I attend to your wounds?"

She nodded her head and reply, "Yes, you may. I'm sorry for asking so much of you after you rescue me."

Zec walked over to her and started healing her while saying, "Please don't apologize. It would be an honor to take care of someone as lovely as you."

Vain got irritated as they seem to forgot he was still there.

"Hey, feel free to tell me to leave anytime."

"Hey! Darling! Zec!"

At the sound of Luvia's voice both Zec and Vain turn around to see her running towards them. When she caught up to them, she smiled at Vain, and helped him put his coat back on with the silver chain attach to its place.

"So I take it that Rudcher and the others will be fine."

"Yeah, before I left they started to rebuild and they said 'Thank you for the deer meet.' So I came to find you."

"I see then we can head straight to the capital after Zec is done."

"Oh, you guys are heading to the capital? Can I come along as well? I have business in the capital with a man name Void."

The light blue dragon ask them as Zec finish healing her and her body shortly started glowing. When the light disappear there was a woman with long light blue hair, blue eyes, and was wearing a blue dress.

"Nice trick and sure. We're going to be running there. If you ever get tired or can't keep up then Zec will carry you."

"Okay, also allow me to introduce myself. I am the fourth princess of the dragon kingdom, Freena."

They all then started running south heading in the direction Rudcher pointed in. Before long Zec had to carry Freena because they had been running non stop. As they were being chase by a horde of wolf monsters. Shortly after losing the monster, by running through a forests, they been stopping every now and then. Because Vain fell in a hole, trip on a root and slam his face onto the ground, and a tiny boar ran into him from the side knocking him into a tree.

"So... why does these events keep happening?"

Freena asks the question as it was oddly weird for one thing to happen after another.

Making Zec laugh before replying, "Well the Master is known for having bad luck. When, what, and where it happens is completely unknown. So a lot of unexpected things tend to happen. On the bright side everyday with the Master is never boring. Though I didn't expect the Master not to be able to dodge such a tiny creature."

"Oh, shut up."

After Vain's remark the tiny boar then jump into Luvia's arms, shivering as if it was afraid of something.

"It seems that it was running away from something and darling happen to come in front of it's path at the same time. So I think it was a given he wouldn't be able to dodge."

"Running from what?"

As Freena ask that, something lunged out of a bush towards them, and Vain tackle it with his left shoulder. Knocking a big tiger with a horn and black and white strips away. When it touch the ground with its legs, it turn its head to Vain, and fired lightning out of it. Vain unattached the silver chain, then bites onto his right sleeve, and pulls removing his coat. He raised his left arm, putting it in front of him, and the lightning struck his hand. But Vain didn't feel any pain instead the lightning turn black and was completely absorb into his arm. His left arm was the dark arm with dark energy waves flowing out of it.

"Hm... not a bad taste. Now then care to be my next meal?"


© 2017 Michael Yang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on April 21, 2017
Last Updated on April 21, 2017

GodsMight


Author

Michael Yang
Michael Yang

Fresno, CA



About
Hobbies are playing games, writing, and reading. All my friends call me lazy due to the fact I rarely do anything besides sleep unless something piques my interests. more..

Writing