Chapter 30

Chapter 30

A Chapter by Michael Yang

The next day, Lumia woke up and noticed Rexalia was still sleeping. So she stayed in bed and watches over her, as she sleeps. She looks out the window and notices the morning sun, so she gave Rexalia a little shake to wake her. But that only made her grumble in her sleep and Lumia laughed. So she slowly and carefully got out of bed and change into her combat clothes, leaving her coat on the chair next to her desk. She then picked up her gauntlet off her desk, it then opens up and spread apart. So she can easily fit it onto her hand, once her left hand was in, it closed around her arm and hand, and she clenches her hand a few times to make sure it was functioning properly. She then picked up her sword, gave it a quick look, and sat it back down. In the other rooms, Veto was still asleep while everyone else was already dressed and ready to start the day. Luvia left her room to prepare breakfast, Void was taking a quick look through the mansion, Luxia was reading a book, Zec was watering the garden, and Sia was helping Luvia.

Rexalia soon woke up and saw Lumia staring at her. Lumia smiled and said, "Good morning, I'm glad to see you had a peaceful sleep." Rexalia slightly blushed and said, "U-Um... good morning and thank you." Lumia then said, "Well when you're ready, come and eat Via's breakfast. Your belly will be in for a real treat. And after we finish eating we can train again, if you're willing." Lumia then straps her sword to her back and left the room. Rexalia snuggle with the blanket, took a whiff of Lumia's scent, before snapping back to reality, and blushing hard before saying, "I'm glad nobody's here to see this." She then went back to her room and got dress. When she entered the dining room, everyone was already sitting, and talking to each other with plates of food in front of them. They didn't touch their plates yet, as they were waiting for Rexalia to join them. Zec showed her to her seat and she sat down. Everyone then said, "Thank you for the food," and they all started to eat. Which left Rexalia a little confused, but Zec told her not to mind it and eat, so she did. As they were eating, Void stopped for a bit, and ask, "So is Veto still sleeping?" Luxia replied, "Yep, don't worry about him. He doesn't need to eat if he's going to sleep in." Void chuckle and said, "I guess so, but I'm sure Luvia has already prepared something for him." Luvia nodded her head and Luxia sigh and said, "Don't spoil him too much Luvia."

Soon they all finished eating and Lumia said, "Hey Void, feel like sparring with me?" Void replied, "If that's a challenge then sure. I'm always interested to see how much better you've gotten." So they both got up and left towards the back of the mansion. Rexalia followed after them to watch, while Luxia went to go wake Veto and Luvia went to go make some refreshments and snacks. So Sia cleaned up the table and Zec followed Rexalia to make sure no harm happens to her. Rexalia sat down at the table and Zec stood behind her. Void and Lumia stood as far away from them and the garden as they could. Before they started Void said, "Try to hold back as much as you can. It'd be bad if we hurt Rexalia by accident." Lumia drew her sword and said, "I know." 

Lumia then rushed at Void and swung at his left. He struck her sword with his hand knocking it aside, before kicking her in the stomach. Her back hit the ground and slid a little before stopping and Void said, "Hope you don't mind, but I'll be getting a little serious." Lumia smile and said, "That's just the way I like it." She got back on her feet and instantly went back into the fray. She swung to his right, then left, and two more times at his right. Void blocked her attacks with his hands and she continues to barrage him with more attacks, trying to find an opening. She then tried to kick his face, but he caught it and was about to strike her knee. When he stopped himself from landing the strike and instead swept her other leg from underneath her with his leg. She landed on the ground, giving him an opportunity to strike, but he just waited for her to make a move. Lumia then spun on the ground and tried to sweep Void's leg, but he steps back and avoided it. Lumia knew Void was indeed a little bit more serious than normal, but he was still holding back a lot more.

So she activated god release, making Void created a clone that jumped back, and away from the fight, as the clone creates a barrier to contain what is going to happen next. Void then enter armor release and Lumia split her sword into two. She ran in and swings furiously at Void. He blocked all of her attacks and strikes her in the center of her chest, knocking her back. She then formed her bow and fired an arrow towards him that split into one thousand arrows. Void then put his left hand out and said, "Vaporize." A giant white beam shot out of his hand and devastated the arrows, before enveloping Lumia. But it did no damage to her as she devoured it into her body. Void then stop firing his magic and Lumia fired the magic she absorbed back at Void. Void stuck out one finger and once the magic struck his finger it instantly vanishes into thin air. Lumia then formed her sword again, rushed in, and swung downward at Void. Void blocked it and the force destroyed the barrier and ground below their feet. Void then knocked Lumia's weapon into the air and struck her in the stomach really hard. So hard it shatters the barrier, sent her flying through the fence, and an extra fifty meters. The shockwave released was pretty intense as well and Zec had to shield Rexalia and the entire mansion.

Void saw what happen and said, "Crap, Lumia!" He teleported to the end of the distance, picked her up, and teleported back. He then set her on her feet and she gave her brother a thumbs up. Lumia told Rexalia that she needs some time to recuperate from that hit. So she understood, nodded her head, and left with Void to help at the shop. When they arrived he said, "Welcome to BlazingMight. The name could still use some work, but it'll do for now. Anyway, I got some clothes made by Luvia today, so I could start selling those today. I don't have much armor in stock, cause Vain is busy. I do have plenty of weapons in stock, so be careful when handling them. I also have to make a shelf for the sandwiches Luvia made." Void and Rexalia work hard setting up the shop and while they were working Rexalia asked a question, "So um... Void, were you an assassin in the past?" Void stop for a second, got back to work, and asked her, "Did Lumia tell you?" She replied, "No, she told me a short story about you and her." Void gave a small chuckle and said, "I see, well you're not far off. I did, in fact, use to be an assassin. My mask is a reminder of those days. That's why I haven't taken it off, but it probably makes me look scary so I wear these glasses to make myself less scary. I don't actually wear them because I have bad eye sight." Rexalia was surprised and asked, "Really?" Void was going to reply to her when a customer walked in.

He took a look around the shop and that's when he saw Rexalia and recognized her. He grabbed her wrist hard, which hurt her, and Void could clearly tell he was mad. He then shouted at Rexalia, "I remember you! You were called a failure by your parents and they hired me to teach you. But even after two months, you weren't improving and they fired me! They didn't even f*****g paid me! But seeing how someone actually hired you to work in this shop, you got money right? Then you can f*****g pay me what your stupid parents didn't!" Rexalia was obviously scared and shaking. So Void walked over, grabbed his wrist, making him let go of Rexalia, and the man said, "Hey! How about you mind your own business, shop keeper!" He tried to break Void's grip, but he couldn't and Void said, "This is part of my business. As you are harassing my employee and family. She is now under my custody which makes me her guardian." He smiles and said, "Oh... then that means you wouldn't mind paying for her, right?" Void took off his glasses and replied, "I won't mind. So how much is it?" The man was soon petrified with fear and he shakily said, "T-Ten gold." He gulped and Void put ten gold coins into his hand, before letting him go and letting him run out of the shop. Void then look at Rexalia and said, "See, I'm pretty scary without glasses."

Rexalia noticed why by looking at his eyes. His eyes lids are slightly lowered, making it look like he is glaring at you, and giving him a calm aura, while also giving off the feeling of bloodlust and rage. Rexalia's body started shaking, so Void looked away, and put back on his glasses while saying, "Sorry, I must've scared you." Void then went back to the spot where he was organizing items and Rexalia took another peek at him. She focused on his eyes and the glasses does make him less scary. It makes him look like he's pondering about something or working really hard. If he was reading a book it would make him look like he was really into the story. As the day passes by and customers come and go, Rexalia spoke to Void, "It's pretty hard to tell your facial expression from your eyes alone." Void laughed and said, "I guess my mask does conceal my face to an extent, but even without it I have a pretty good poker face." Rexalia then said, "I see, hey Void." Void looked at her and said, "What is it?" She replied, "Do you think that everyone will care about me more if I was as great as you?"

Void reply, "No, they wouldn't. They would probably just force a lot of stuff onto you. Expectations, goals, works, dreams, and future plans. Whatever they can think of they'll force it on you. Can you really say you are loved and cared about if everyone decided everything for you?" She thought about it for a while and shook her head. Void smile and patted her head, before saying, "Exactly, if someone loves you they'll let you be free, but at the same time they'll worry and protect you. I lived a part of my life without anyone worrying about me and trying to protect me, while they also restrict my freedom. But our little group is different, they worried about me, try their best to protect me, and they let me have as much freedom as I give them. Seeing them all try so hard makes me want to try harder."

Void gave out a small laugh thinking about everything they've been through. Luvia taught him how to love people and dream big, so he tries his best to make her dream a reality. Vain taught him how to get angry and to let it out. So he does and that made him know what he cares about and what he treasures. Veto showed him how to have fun and relax, so he can enjoy the little things. That's why Void takes breaks and explores every now and then. Luxia taught him to balance work with life, cause working all the time is not living. So Void tries to spend a lot of time with families and friends. Finally, Lumia taught him to challenge everything and to push himself to new heights. There is no such thing as an end to a path. So Void trains hard, spar, and even image train. So that he can surpass his old self and be ready for anything. Void talked to Rexalia about all of this and a lot of other things. Soon the day was ending and it was time to close up shop and head back home. When they got home, Zec and Sia greeted them, and after returning the greeting they headed to the back. Lumia was swinging her sword, but when she saw Rexalia she stopped, and they started training together until it was time to eat dinner.

Once it was time to sleep everyone retired to their rooms. Void then open Lumia's door and said, "Lumia, are you going to participate in the tourney?" She thought about it for a while and before she could speak she saw Rexalia standing behind Void. Void turned his head to look and she bows her head to Void. She was holding a pillow and Lumia beckons her to come into the room. So she did and placed her pillow on the bed. She sat on top of the bed and Lumia said, "Sure, I'll do it. It's a good way to gain recognition and fame for us. I also hope it will help improve Lia's image. I don't like the way everyone is treating her." Void then said, "Me too, now then good night you two." He then closed the door and Lumia and Rexalia snuggled together in bed.


© 2017 Michael Yang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on July 21, 2017
Last Updated on July 21, 2017

GodsMight


Author

Michael Yang
Michael Yang

Fresno, CA



About
Hobbies are playing games, writing, and reading. All my friends call me lazy due to the fact I rarely do anything besides sleep unless something piques my interests. more..

Writing