Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by Michael Yang

"Hey time to get up. The sun is rising."

Vain shakes Freena lightly, she gives a small yawn, before opening her eyes, and raising her head. Once her head was off his lap, Vain squat down in front of her, and she wrap her arms around his neck before going back to sleep.

He look back, sigh, and said, "Guess I got no choice. Zec, full equip."

Zec's magic circle appear and small bits flew out of it towards Vain. Attaching to his body piece by piece, until his body was fully covered. Vain was now wearing a full blue and white mech suit. With six swords, floating behind him, acting as wings. As well as a helmet, a left hand, and four swords flying next to his left shoulder. Vain clench his hands over and over, testing that the mech suit works fine, before putting both his hands behind him and supporting Freena onto his back.

"Any problems, master?"

"Nope, fits perfectly. Zec, think it will be fine to increase the speed?"

Zec displays a map screen inside Vain's helmet while saying, "I see no problems, but wouldn't that wake the girl you're carrying? Shouldn't you be more considerate?"

"Fine, then my usual running speed should be fine."

"I guess, but again master you'll wake her. How about just flying to your destination? If it's that, it should be a smooth ride. Even if we were to increase the speed."

The bladed wings started moving, showing that they were working fine, and ready to go.

"Then we'll go with that. I'm leaving it to you Zec."

"Roger that, master."

Zec then detach the swords and spread them out. As Vain brings Freena to his front and carries her in a princess carry. Zec then brought the swords back, reattach them, and started them up. Blue light shoots out of the wings, lifting Vain up into the air, and above the trees.

"All systems green, master. Barrier set, checking for nearby life signs, none detected, no casualties from instant acceleration confirm. Now going to fly full speed ahead. Make sure you hold onto her tight!"

"Isn't that obvious!"

A loud boom exploded through the air, sending a blasts of air outward, twenty feet in diameter, as Vain disappear from sight.

"Master, I know I said there wouldn't be any casualties. But I seem to have forgotten about the trees. The sonic boom alone, damage the surrounding trees, and knocked them over."

"That all? The trees will grow back, don't worry so much. Zec, estimated time for arrival?"

"With the current speed about five minutes."

"Good."

Four minutes of flying later, Zec spot the destination ahead, and put it up on Vain's visor.

"Destination approaching quickly, reversing engine for sudden stop in... 3... 2... 1... 0."

The blue lights disappear from the wings and reappear above them. Bringing Vain to a sudden halt, making him flip backwards, and landing on the ground with his feet. He looked at Freena who was still sleeping in his arms peacefully. There was a big cave in front of him and a forest behind. So he place Freena down against a tree and looked around.

"Looks safe for now. Zec, unequip, scan Freena for any problems, and stay out here with her."

The suit split into tiny pieces, removing themselves from Vain, before coming together, and combining into Zec. He crouch down next to Freena, scanning her body with a light from his palm, and nodding at Vain.

"Seems that nothing is damage, master."

"That's good. I know we took precautions, but better safe then sorry. Anyway I'll be heading in. Fen, full equip."

A magic circle appear behind Vain and a blue metal beasts came through it. It ran towards Vain and split into tiny pieces. Each attaching onto Vain, until he was completely covered in a blue suit. Claws on his feet, two swords attach to guns on his shoulders, two spike trails sticking out from on top his helmet, and a tail, two feet long. As well as four foot long spikes extending from his elbows and knees. Vain clench his hands again while also swinging the tail.

A female voice then asked him, "Is everything to your liking master?"

"Yeah, it's fine Fen. Let's get this over with quickly."

"Ah... but I was hoping to enjoy our walk. It's been a while since you call for me. You always call Zec, but barely call for the rest of us."

"Well Zec is more well rounded. So he's usable in every situation. You're made to deal with close combat and maneuvering in tight spaces. The claws on the feet makes it easy to cling onto walls after all. The mouth grip also allows me to use three swords."

"I-I see, ah... I'm so jealous of you Zec!"

"Oi oi, you're going to give our position away."

"Ah! Sorry master."

"It's okay. If they're more alert, that might give you a chance to have more exercise."

"Oh, true. Then... HELLO IN THERE! WE'RE COMING IN!"

Zec looked to Vain and Fen and said to himself, "What are they doing?"

Vain drew the swords on his shoulders and said, "Fen scan for paths and enemies. Display it all and tell me any discrete detail. We're going in full throttle."

"Yes Master!"

Vain ran into the cave and Fen activated the thrusters on the legs, making him run faster. Vain sliced one enemy after another, killing bandits and demons that came to face him. Until he reached a large group and decided to plow through the middle. By spinning his blades, cutting everything in his path. Once he reach the end of the group, he dig the claws into the hard ground, sliding to a stop, before running back at the group. Opening his helmet's mouth and putting the sword in his right hand into it. Then drawing his engine blade and using the extended ice blade. Cleaving through one side, before stopping again, turning around, and cleaving through the last of them.

Once the ice blade melted, he sheathed his engine blade, and took the sword in his mouth. Vain then went further into the cave and encounter flying demons. Vain jumped up off the ground towards them and slices what he can. Before slamming into the ceiling dropping rocks on some of them, as the shoulder mounted guns shoot down the rest. He ran along the ceiling for a while, until he spot some more enemies, and jump down, crashing into them. He then reached a wide open room in the cave and a big hole above it, where light was coming in from. In the middle of the room was a big yellow dragon, about ten meters tall and fifteen meters long.

"Was wondering why the cave was so huge. It was so it could fit your fat a*s."

Vain pointed a sword at the dragon. It didn't respond to him, but instead fired lightning out of its mouth towards him.

"Here we go Fen! Time for some fun!"

"Yes master!"

Vain place the sword back in his mouth and pulled out his engine blade. Placing them in an X in front of him. The lightning strikes his blade and forces him back a few feet. So Fen started up the thrusters in his legs and back, stopping him from sliding back more. Vain then change the cartridge in his engine blade from light blue to yellow. Cranking it three times and placing his hand on the trigger.

"Let's see how you like your own medicine!"

Pointing his blade straight, he pulled it, and fired a stream of lightning back. Pushing back the lightning breath and hitting the dragon in the face. It closed its mouth, but it didn't show any signs of being injured.

"I figured as much. You're bound to have resistant to what you use."

He then change the cartridge from yellow to red. But before he could rush in, something small flew through the hole in the cave, and struck the dragon's back with it's fist. Fen put up an enlarged image on Vain's visor.

"It seems to be Zec, master Vain."

"Oh... then I guess Zec is equiped to Freena."

"It is as you say. The chest plate does seem to be bulging out to encompass something. Would you like me to enlarge the image for you to see?"

"No need, looks like they are coming over here."

Freena and Zec flew over to Vain and landed in front of him. Vain looked at her from the foot, to her hips, chests, and finally her head. She was completely covered in a blue and white mech suit.

"Zec adjusted pretty well. It fits perfectly right? No problems or issues?"

At Vain's question, Freena shakes her head, while saying, "N-No, none at all. I was actually more surprise that I could wear Zec."

"Of course there would be no problems, master. I did scan her for her sizes, so I could fit her perfectly. With that said, would you like to know her three sizes?"

Fen moved Vain's hand and face palm the helmet, at what Zec said. Before saying, "Why would you ask master Vain? You should've ask mistress Freena, if it was fine to tell them to master Vain."

"She actually likes master, so I'm pretty sure it's fine, right?"

Freena nods her head and said, "Y-Yeah, it's fine if he knows."

"See... with that said, would you like to know master?"

Vain sigh and said, "If you three are done playing around, we still have someone to deal with."

Vain runs towards the dragon, with one sword in his mouth, another in his left, and his engine blade in his right. As Freena turns around, held one of Zec's swords in her hand, and fly towards it.

The lightning dragon stomps on the ground hard, shaking the environment around them. But Vain didn't stop running and swings his swords, leaving three small cuts in the dragon's left leg.

"Tch, forgot this f*****g lizard is gigantic. Fen, release the safety locks."

"Yes, master Vain."

Vain sheath his engine blade and held the blade in his mouth. As they pop slightly open and a blue wave of energy bursts out. Covering the blades and extending to three meters long. The engines, on the suit, starts roaring loud and the spikes on his elbows popped open. Revealing that they were thrusters and soon he was propelled forward at the speed of sound. He starts bouncing from wall to wall, diving in and out at the dragon, and slicing its body with his swords. Freena looks at the sight amazed, before asking Zec a question.

"What is happening Zec?"

"Master probably remove Fen's safety. So the suit is generating a lot of energy. The reason we have a safety, is for the other people who equips us. Besides the master and Luvia. Normal people wouldn't be able to handle the amount of stress the suit applies onto the user, when that much power is used. But judging that you're a dragon, you might be okay. Would you like to try it, Freena?"

"Sure, I can't let Vain do all the work."

"Alright, but if you start feeling unwell, make sure to tell me."

"Okay."

"Then... removing safety locks."

All of the swords around them starts glowing, as light blue energy extends out from each, extending to three meters long. Zec then summon ten more swords and set them around the dragon.

"Go whenever you're ready. I'll be supporting you, so just focus on attacking."

"Oh okay, then here we go!"

Freena flew in and slice the dragon's right eye. It swung its head at her, but Zec controlled one of the swords and fired a small ball of light, knocking its head away from her. Zec kept firing at the dragon whenever it tried to attack and completely sealed its counter attacks. So Freena soar around the dragon, brandishing her sword all over its body. Vain looked at Freena and she looked back at him. They nodded to each other and decided to end its life, by cutting off its head at the same time. Its head lands on the ground with a loud thud, as its lifeless body crashes to the ground. Vain and Freena swung their swords, getting the blood off, and the suits opened up, releasing steam before wrapping around their bodies again.

"Master Vain, scans indicate that there are more people further in."

"I see."

Vain and Freena go further into the cave, reaching the end, and seeing seven men and eight women in shackles. As well as two human bandits and one demon, sitting down. The demon stood up, but was instantly killed, by a shot to the head, from Vain's shoulder mounted guns. Vain gave a cold glare to the two bandits and drew the sword on his right shoulder. He killed one of them, walked to the last one, and stood in front of him, with his sword raised.

"P-Please don't kill me. I have a family waiting for me. I do this kind of work, cause it makes a lot of money quickly."

"I see... then tell your family something for me, when you see them again."

"W-what is it?"

"That they're more then welcome to try and kill me."

After saying that Vain swings his sword down, but was blocked by Freena. He wanted to ask her what she was doing, but didn't. Since it reminded him of his father and himself. He was in his father's position and Freena is in his. So he turn his back and sheathed his sword, before punching the wall. Freena hug Vain from behind and snuggles her head against his back.

"I'm sorry... you're probably mad at me, for defending him. But he has a family that needs him, so please don't hurt him."

"I'm not mad at you. I was just reminded of something and it pissed me off, that's it."

The bandit drew his sword and ran at Vain's and Freena's open back. Vain saw him coming, so he push Freena out of the way, drew his sword again, and sliced the bandit's head clean off. Vain extends his hand for Freena and she takes it, letting Vain pull her back on to her feet.

"Thank you and sorry."

"It's fine, anyway you and Zec take care of those people. Once you're both done we'll head out."

"Okay."

So Zec unequipped from Freena and they both help the people. Removing their shackles and giving them some new clothes. While Fen unequipped from Vain and they waited against a wall for them.


© 2017 Michael Yang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on May 30, 2017
Last Updated on May 30, 2017

GodsMight


Author

Michael Yang
Michael Yang

Fresno, CA



About
Hobbies are playing games, writing, and reading. All my friends call me lazy due to the fact I rarely do anything besides sleep unless something piques my interests. more..

Writing