Chapter 41

Chapter 41

A Chapter by Michael Yang

After finishing his little fight, Void was about to teleport to the town's entrance, when black lightning struck the ground, and everyone turned their attention to it. A man with red and black hair, red demon horns, gold eyes, black wings, and tail stood where the lightning struck. He wore a red and gold sleeveless shirt that didn't cover his stomach, revealing his abs and muscles. He also wore black pants, red clawed toe metal boots, and a pair of red, silver, and gold color metal arm guards. He flapped his wings generating a powerful gust, strong enough that Void decided to create a barrier to block it. But the gust shattered the barrier and Lem, Ray, and Zec rush to shield the mansion, while Sia, War, and Heo shielded the children. Void couldn't risk any of them getting hurt, so he stuck his left hand out, and prepared to negate the gust. But when it touched his hand, it surprised him by knocking him back and up into the air. Making him crash through the entire center of the mansion and into the back. Void's back then hit the ground and he backflips back onto his feet, as he slid across the ground. Everybody then ran after Void to see if he was okay and the man instantly disappeared and reappeared in front of Void.

Everyone saw the man through the window and was about to rush out to help Void when he said, "Stop! All of you guys stay away! This guy isn't normal and very dangerous!" So they all stopped in their tracks and stayed back. Void and the man stared at each other and Void said, "Who are you?" He replied, "I am Daemon Neo and I'm here to end you, Void Faltorun." He swung his fist at Void and Void caught, but was then struck in the stomach by his feet, sending him flying through trees. Daemon's claws tore pieces of fabric off of Void's clothes, so he stomped his foot, shattering the ground, and also turning the pieces of fabric into dust. While Void was laying on the ground and blood oozed from several small cuts in his stomach. Void sat up and said, "Damn that hurt. This is probably the first time I've ever lost blood and actually have my clothes torn. I'll have to apologize to Luvia later. That guy is seriously not holding back. If I don't get serious he'll kill me." Void was about to stand up when Daemon instantly appeared in front of him and almost stomped on him. Void manage to avoid it by rolling to the side and quickly stood up as he activated god release, making his body slightly transparent.

Void swung a punch at him and Daemon caught it, before punching Void in the chest. Destroying his god form and reverting him back to his original look, as he coughed out blood. Daemon then lets go of his hand, clasped his hands together, and struck Void's back. Slamming Void into the ground and destroying everything in a fifty-meter radius. Daemon was about to step on him when he suddenly disappeared and Daemon was suddenly struck in the back, launching him into space. Daemon then reached his hand out and caught a blow in his hand. He knew Void was invisible and he clearly hasn't forgotten about him, which made Void surer that he was connected to CT in some way. Void teleported far away and said, "Eraser." A black beam was fired toward him and since it was fired in space Void figures it would be hard to see. But Daemon stared at the direction it was coming from and stuck his right hand out. When the beam collided with Daemon's hand it disperses into tinier strands and went around him.

Void then knew for sure that he was as strong as CT and that CT was holding back when they always fought. Void was soon panicking and thinking about how to beat him since his strongest magic was useless. So Void went through so many simulations and plans in his head, but Daemon quickly appeared in front of him. So he decided to focus on the fight, blocking, attacking, dodging, and avoiding each other's lightning quick strikes. They were evenly matched, but even so Void could tell he was still holding back and couldn't afford to get careless. After ten minutes of an unrelenting barrage of punches and kicks, they broke away from each other. Void then decided to ask him, "So, what's your problem with me?" He replied, "You're getting strong and with enough time you're bound to get stronger than us and that I can't allow." Void then asked, "That's it? I don't see how I'm your enemy just from that." Daemon then said, "Because if you're left alone then you'll no doubt kill us and that is something CT does not understand. Giving humans enough power to fight gods is dangerous. They're too emotional and will cause the end of everything. So I, Daemon Neo, the demon dragon god will end all of you human gods."

A red magic circle appears in front of him and he flew through it. When he passed through it his body completely changed into a dragon. His horns were slightly longer, his tail changed into a dragon's tail, his hands were now claws, and he had red and gold scales all over his body. He was still wearing his clothes and gear and was about to slam into Void when they saw a purple crater on the planet. Void then flew pass Daemon and towards the hole. So Daemon chased after him, slamming into Void's back with his head. Void then grab his horns, flipped onto his back, and kicked him straight to the ground. After seeing him recovered from his full power kick and turning the demon king into nothing but blood, Void knew that he was going to die. Void saw everybody on the ground and he was surprised to see two Vain's. The other Vain jumped up toward the dragon and swings both of his swords. Daemon saw him coming and spun around swinging his tail at him. Shattering the swords with his tail and swatting him back to the ground.

The other Vain stood up, holding his broken swords, and blood dripping down his head, mouth, and from the deep cut across his chest. Luvia then left Vain's arm and rushed to heal him. As she was healing his wounds, he laughed and said, "Damn that guy is really strong. Being able to cut me and break my swords with nothing but his tail. I'd try again, but with my swords in like this. Guess I'll have to quit." Vain and everybody else gathered around the two of them. Void was glad they were safe, but he quickly flew towards Daemon and they resume their fight. After exchanging a few blows, Daemon swung his tail at Void, he caught it before throwing him far away and firing his Eraser magic at him. Daemon dodged it, flew towards Void, striking him in the chest with a drop kick, and slamming and pinning Void to the ground. Void then reverted back to normal and Daemon was about to strike his face with his claws. But Vain, Lumia, and Luxia ran toward them and Veto shot bullets at Daemon. Daemon then flapped his wings destroying the bullets with the gusts and knocking everyone away, while destroying the buildings. Luvia quickly cast barriers on everyone, but Daemon's gust destroyed them all.

So Luvia quickly clasps her hands together, closed her eyes, and a white dome of light extended out from inside her and rapidly grew outward. When the dome and gust touched each other, the gust lost it's destructive power and became a gentle breeze. Daemon then struck Void with his claws, right when the dome enveloped them. But Void didn't feel any pain, only a light tap to the head, and Daemon wondered what happened. Once the whole town was covered in the dome, Luvia walked over to Daemon, and he became weary of her. He took a defensive stance and prepared himself to be attacked, but what Luvia did surprised him. She gently caresses his hand and said, "Did Void anger you?" Daemon replied, "No," Luvia then asked him, "Then why are you two fighting?" Daemon then replied, "Because he will kill us all if left alone." Luvia shook her head and said, "He won't, the Void I know is a nice person. He won't kill you or your friends." Daemon then said, "But humans are impulsive and emotional creatures. I've seen countless humans destroyed their own worlds and cause nothing but chaos. They only know how to hurt each other and don't care who is involved or  gets caught in between their fights." Luvia then asked him, "Then what about me? Am I hurting you? Am I not caring about you or everyone right here?" Daemon then said, "You're just acting, the moment I let my guard down you'll attack me." Luvia shook her head and said, "I won't, I promise. Not every human is bad, there are some with good hearts. We may not agree on everything and we argue, but that's part of life and we do our best to work through it. As long as we work hard, do our best, and try to love and protect everyone then one day we'll all be happy together, don't you agree? So, can you let Void go?"

Luvia smiled at Daemon and he couldn't feel any malicious or killing intent behind her words. So he stepped off of Void and Luvia started to heal the cuts on him and repair his clothes. Daemon then reverted back to his human form and Melli rushed pass everyone and tried to attack Daemon with her fists. Daemon caught her attacks and gave her a kick but to everyone's surprise, she didn't receive any damage. So she got cocky and kicked Daemon in the stomach, but he also received no damage. Daemon then let go of her hands and she wailed on him with all her energy and might, but again he was unharmed. Daemon was surprised and asked Luvia, "What did you do?" Luvia smiled and said, "I'm weak, don't know how to fight, and I'm still learning from Void and everyone else. But I don't like seeing people get hurt, die, or hurt others. So, I've been trying to create a new magic on my own. It was pretty hard to get it right, but I think I've got the hang of it. This protective barrier protects everyone. Sealing all harmful and destructive forces when you're inside it. Meaning that as long as you're inside this, no one can hurt you or kill you. Though that doesn't mean I have influence over your mind. If I did, then I couldn't have a conversation with you and try to understand you and get you to understand me." Luvia smiled at Daemon and he felt his face getting flushed, so he turned his back to her. He then created a gate and before he left, said, "If some humans are as gentle as you, then... maybe it will be worth watching for a bit longer."

A few days later, they had repair all the damage and their equipment as well. As they stored all of their belongings away and Void deconstructed the mansion while replanting trees in its place. Soon they opened a gate and the other Vain opened his own gate. Void asked him to join them but he declined and said, "If I join, then when you call one of us you'll call both of us. So two in a group is a crowd and working alone is better. After all, I am just looking for strong people to fight." Void then said, "I see," and the other Vain left through his gate. Void then face Rexalia and the children and said, "Are you sure you want to come with us? I know this world is rough, but it is still your home and where you were born." They all nodded their head and Void said, "Okay, then let's not waste any more time." Veto then smile and said, "It's pretty rare for us to leave in a group, but it at least will be more fun." Vain then kicked Veto into the gate and said, "Shut up and get in already." Everybody laughed a little before stepping into the gate and leaving to their next adventure.


© 2017 Michael Yang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on August 4, 2017
Last Updated on August 4, 2017

GodsMight


Author

Michael Yang
Michael Yang

Fresno, CA



About
Hobbies are playing games, writing, and reading. All my friends call me lazy due to the fact I rarely do anything besides sleep unless something piques my interests. more..

Writing