Chapter 5: Meeting

Chapter 5: Meeting

A Chapter by Michael Yang

The next day, Void teleport back home. He had a nice conversation with Fracto all day yesterday, but he was worry about letting Yuni handle all of the work. When he return, Yuni was sitting at his desks working, with Tasha by her side. They both look up and after seeing who it was Yuni got up and gave him a hug.

"Welcome back, brother-in-law."

"Thank you Yuni. You've been working hard since I've left."

Void patted her head and a bright smile form on her face.

She giggle a little before saying, "Oh it wasn't that hard. Since I had a lot of help."

Void look behind Yuni and saw Tasha bow her head at him. Void then walk pass Yuni and patted Tasha's head. Before finally sitting down at his desks and reading through the documents.

"You guys can leave the rests to me. Take a break and relax. Oh, sorry Tasha but can you take your break after preparing a lot of snacks. I'm going to be having a big group of visitors soon and one of them really like sweets."

"Yes master Void, I'll get on it. Will I also be greeting them?"

"Thank you and no. I plan to have Bastion greet and guide them here."

"I see."

Tasha left the room and Void look at Yuni who was staring at him.

"Hm... if you want you can help Tasha make snacks. I have a good feeling my sister will be joining us as well. So you can have her eat your cooking."

"O-Oh I see then... um... excuse me."

Yuni ran out of the room and after Tasha towards the kitchen.

"Also feel free to join us!"

"Yes!"

Void shouted out towards her and surprisingly she replied back. Void smile under his mask and went back to reading. As for Vain, he woke up, got out of bed, and picked his shirt up and off a table next to the bed. Luvia shifted in her side of the bed which made Vain chuckle. Vain set his shirt back down and went to open the window. Letting the light into the room and waking Luvia up.

"Good morning, sleepy head."

"Good morning, Darling."

She yawn and stretch her arms before staring at Vain's body. His body was quite well build and fit. It was also cover in scars, which have healed since a long time ago. Luvia wrap the blanket around her body, as she got out of the bed, walked over to him, and ran her fingers over his scars.

"You really work yourself too hard back then."

"Yep, but I'm pretty sure I still work pretty hard."

Vain then kiss Luvia and smile at her before walking back to the table. He put his shirt on before grabbing his coat and his sword. He put them on and as he was leaving the room.

"Take your time, I'll be waiting with the owner after checking on Freena."

"Okay."

Vain then left the room and made sure it was closed behind him. He then went into the next room and saw that no one was in the bed. After double checking Vain closed the door and went down the stairs. On his way down he saw Freena sitting by herself at a table, so he stood beside it.

"You feeling better?"

"Huh, oh uh... yes."

"I see, I'll be waiting for you two outside. Join us or not I won't care. Do what you feel is right."

As Vain left the table Luvia came running down the stairs, but she stop and sat down besides Freena. As a little brown boar and an average size, black and white strip, tiger sat next to her.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine."

"I see."

Freena got out of her seat, but before she could take a step Luvia hugged her. Freena hugged her back and Vain took a quick glance at them. Before looking back towards the castle and acting like he saw nothing. Once they both came out, Vain started walking away towards the castle, and they follow after him. Once they got to the entrance, they were greeted by a butler with black hair. He was a well dress middle age man.

"Nice to meet you, Lord Vain, Lady Luvia, and Lady Freena. My name is Bastion, I'll be your guide today. The master has been expecting your arrival."

He guided them to Void's room and Bastion open the door for them. They all walked in and saw Void working as usual, but there was another in the room. A women with glistening blue long hair and ocean blue eyes. She wore a beautiful white dress and was sitting in a seat drinking tea. She look at them, put her cup down, got up, lift the edges of her dress, and bow to them.

"Nice to meet you Lord Vain and Lady Luvia. I am Freena's older sister and Void's wife. My name is Freveon Faltorun. Thank you for taking care of my younger sister."

"No problem and I see you've taken on Void's surname."

Vain sat down and dangle his hand behind the chair. Luvia laugh a little nervously at Vain's action, but returned Freveon's greetings.

"It's our pleasure and it's nice meet you too, Queen Freveon. I'm sorry about my husband, he's really a nice man. It's just... he doesn't like showing it."

"You don't have to apologize. My husband already told me not to mind any of Lord Vain's actions. Saying that he's quite free-spirited and only cares about certain things."

"Oh I see. Well I hope we get along as well as our husbands."

"Me too."

They both giggle and smile at each other. Void then told Bastion to prepare tea for three and one water. Everyone then sat down and as the two ladies talk to each other, Void continue working, Vain close his eyes and dose off, and Freena stared at him while drinking tea. The ladies drank tea and ate some cookies and cupcakes. While Void drank his cup of water and ate some baked goods as he work. Vain didn't touch anything and instead continue to nap in the chair.

Soon Lumia and Yuni enter the room, slamming the door open with a boom. Everyone exchange greetings with Lumia and Yuni. Before they sat down and resume talking with each other. Bastion brought two more cups of tea and set them down in front of Yuni and Lumia. After a while two more people join them by also slamming the door open. The man wore white clothes, coat, and a red scarf. While the woman wore black and white, with a white bird sewn on her coat.

"Welcome back Veto. How was the village?"

"It was nice, I had a lot of fun with the kids. We played so much, but I really miss Tasha's and Yuni's sweets."

Veto rushed to the table and started eating one after another. Luxia then walk pass everyone and gave Void some papers. Void took and read through it before handing it back to Luxia. Luxia took it back and sat down with everyone else. Void then continue working as Bastion got another cup of tea and water. The tea was set in front of Veto and the water was for Luxia.

"I see you three still don't like tea."

As Veto said that he pointed at Void, Vain, and Luxia. 

(Vain) "If I don't like it, I don't like it. Instead I rather have a drink then that."

(Void) "It's okay, though I haven't gotten use to the taste."

(Luxia) "Well it does taste bitter."

"You guys... come on, it's not that bad. It's good, probably healthy, and the most important of all. It goes well with cake. If it's bitter add sugar and not to mention there's different types. If you don't like one then try another."

They all look at each other, then look back at Veto, and said, "No thanks, we're good."

Before Veto could make a scene in front of them, Vain cleared his throat, and said, "Anyway that's not why we're all here. Everyone's here to discuss what their future plans are. I need to know in case if things were to happen, I could get in touch with you, or provide assistant when necessary."

Everyone look at Void as he said that and Veto puffed his cheeks and cross his arms pouting.

"If anyone have any problems I'm more then happy to show you your place."

Everyone felt chills run down their spines when Void said that. Veto even stop pouting, Vain sat up straight, and Yuni hid behind Lumia. The only ones unfazed by Void's intimidation was his wife Freveon, the butler Bastion, and Void's little sister Lumia. Veto look at the two that continue drinking tea and the one standing next to Void with a smile, like nothing happen.

"I knew Mia-chan would be fine when he talks like that. But I'm surprise you two are fine."

(Bastion) "I've gotten use to it. Though the first time I saw it was when, he was in front of the rebellious nobles. At that time I'm sure I was scared to death and brought back to life when the meeting was done."

(Freveon) "I've gotten use to it as well. The first time I saw it, I was pretty scared. My father and some dragons didn't agree with our marriage, but when he act liked that they all froze in place. He hasn't acted like that in front of our kids and for their sake I hope he doesn't."

Veto laughed out loud while saying, "If he did, he go from the most loved father to the most feared."

"What was that Veto?"

"N-Nothing! Please continue Void-sama!"

"Good, now then back on topic. Knowing you Vain, you'd tend to get into a lot of trouble. If trouble comes your way that you couldn't handle then it be good to have backup."

"I've gotten stronger, so there's hardly anything I can't handle."

"Then if I were about to kill Luvia... could you stop me?"

"Who knows? There's only one way to find out."

Vain stood up out of his seat and looked at Void. They stare at each other intensely until Veto jumped in, "And yet he was so... scared before."

Vain smack Veto in the back of the head and said, "Shut up. This and that are different. If something's on the line then I'll make sure to murder you alive."

"So you're coming at me full force? Guess I'll have to get a little more serious."


© 2017 Michael Yang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on May 7, 2017
Last Updated on May 7, 2017

GodsMight


Author

Michael Yang
Michael Yang

Fresno, CA



About
Hobbies are playing games, writing, and reading. All my friends call me lazy due to the fact I rarely do anything besides sleep unless something piques my interests. more..

Writing



Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5