Chapter 35

Chapter 35

A Chapter by Michael Yang

Finally the last battle of the tourney is about to begin. Everyone gathered in the center of the arena and the crowd started placing bets. Vain, Void, and Lumia all agreed to not use their abilities before they left the mansion. As they'll be fighting along side others that won't be able to handle the force and pressure they're power exerts. So they'll be fighting using nothing but pure skills and basic magic. Once the announcer said fight Vain called out Fen, drew his swords, and collided with Void. Lumia took on three people again and left Rexalia to fight Melli. Vain darted in and out clashing his swords against Void's gauntlets and boots. But seeing that he hadn't scratch Void, he charge directly at his chest, and Void guarded against his charge. Holding onto Vain's swords as he slid back a few inches, before stopping and head butting Vain. Vain didn't flinch and instead broke out of Void's grip and started swinging wildly at him. But then Tedgy created a black and red magic circle below Rexalia's feet.

She screamed in pain as black and red lines etched onto her body and she fell onto the floor. Lumia tried to help her, but she was blocked by four people. Void and Vain continue to fight while keeping an eye on her, and when she fell silent they knew something was wrong. The magic wasn't being cancelled, so Vain stopped swinging his swords and Void teleported beside her. He touched the magic circle, destroying it with his negate ability, before picking Rexalia up in his arms, and destroying the magic casted on her. Void quickly analyzed her and seeing that she wasn't in good condition decided to leave and let her rest in bed. Luvia and Sia went with them as well and Lumia was left alone to finish the fight. Vain sheath his swords and stood by the edge, crossing his arms. Tedgy then asked him, "What are you doing Vain? Why aren't you helping us? We can win."

Vain closed his eyes and said, "That's not how I work. My pride as a fighter is bigger then that. If I'm going to fight it's either one on one or my enemies out number me. If I out number my enemies it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, so good luck." Lumia gave a small giggle and said, "Well there's one way to get him to fight." Lumia rushed him and Vain blocked her attack with one of Fen's blades. Vain then said, "Hmph, you know me well. Since you're asking for it, guess I got no choice." Vain drew his engine blade with his right hand and swings at Lumia. But she jumps back and dodges it as Tedgy's group rushed at her back, while he stays back and cast the magic he used before. Lumia avoided the magic and Vain sigh and said, "Why am I partnered up with such weaklings? Using curse magic to weaken your enemy." Vain dash towards Lumia and starts swinging at her. She blocks all of his attacks as three more people joined the fight. 

With Lumia being busy fighting four people Tedgy was able to use his curse on her. Black and red lines wrapped around her draining her strength, energy, and life. Lumia could feel her body burning and aching, but this wasn't enough to stop her and she knocked Tedgy's friends out. They fell face first onto the floor and Vain kicked them out of the arena, before dashing towards Lumia. Lumia then gently knocked Melli out and set her on the edge of the arena, before running towards Vain. They both clash in the middle, creating a shockwave, and Vain sent Lumia flying back. She stabbed her sword into the ground, stopping her by the edge, and Tedgy fired several ice spears toward her. She quickly rotated her sword and dice the ice into tiny pieces. Seeing that Lumia wasn't getting tired Tedgy stacked the curse, he was using on her, four extra times. Lumia stabbed her sword into the ground and pants hard trying to catch her breath.

Tedgy smile and knew she was hitting her limit, but he didn't want to kill her. So he stayed back and waited for her to weaken a little more before canceling his magic. Vain stood in front of her and said, "I guess this is how it ends. Everyone here really doesn't care about Rexalia." Vain and Lumia glanced around and notice how the audience were worried about her. Even though Rexalia was suffering the same way they showed no concern for her. She bit her lip and swings her sword at Vain. He blocked it with his engine blade and she swings her fist at him. He caught that and she tried to muster what little strength she had left. Vain then struck her stomach and said, "It's fine Lumia. You did more than enough. I'm sure Rexalia is happy you tried really hard for her. If we were using our full strength you would've, no doubt, kept fighting." Before Lumia passed out she said, "N-Not yet... I need to win... for her."

Fen unequipped from Vain and left through her portal, so Vain wrapped his right arm around Lumia's waist. Her body slumps against his and her head rested on his shoulder. With the winners announced, people came over to help Luxia and the others. But Vain swatted their hands away and said, "Do you think she wants people like you to touch her? People who not only hurt the person she loves but were willing to let that same person die." They all stepped back at Vain's intense glare and made way for Luxia and Zec. Luxia picked up Lumia's weapon and Zec carried Lumia away. Vain stared at the crowd before looking at the medics for the tourney and said, "You guys call yourself healers and medics, yet refuse to help Rexalia." A man then said, "Well we can't help her if the battle was still going."

Vain then grew irritated and said, "Oh, is that your stupid excuse? Then let me ask this, why didn't you tell him to stop? Isn't it your job to tell someone to quit if they're going to far?" The man reply, "Well he's your teammate, isn't he? So that makes it your job to stop him." Vain then said, "Is that so? Last time I checked I don't work in teams and I don't make friends. So keep your s****y excuses for someone else." Vain then walked away , but stopped, glanced at Tedgy and said, "Consider this the only time I let you off, as we've worked together. But next time she has a near death experience, I'll kill you. That goes to the rest of you as well." Vain then left the coliseum and headed home alone. Once he reached the mansion, no one greeted him, and so he went into the kitchen, where he found Luvia cooking. Vain took off his coat, put on an apron, and asked, "Do you need some help?" Luvia was surprised and said, "Huh, eh um... yes. If it's not too much trouble."

Vain then started to help her cook and he asked, "So is everyone else taking care of business or watching over them?" Luvia replied, "They're watching over them. What about you? Are you going to attend the winner ceremony tomorrow?" Vain replied, "I won't. So how is her condition?" Luvia replied, "She's doing slightly better. She wasn't breathing before so Void had been using some magic to keep her alive, but now she's breathing slowly. As long as we watch her, she should make a full recovery in a few days." Vain then said, "I see," and they talked a little more as they finish cooking.

Just as Luvia was about to take a tray of food to Void, Lumia walked into the room. Vain looked at her and said, "How you feeling?" Lumia replied, "I'm doing alright. Are you taking that to Rexalia's room?" Luvia nodded her head and said, "Yeah, Void is taking care of her. So I thought he might enjoy something tasty, also the smell of tasty food might wake Rexalia." She smiled at Lumia and Lumia smiled back, before saying, "If it's alright, can I take it?" Luvia nodded her head and gave the tray to Lumia. She then took it and left the kitchen. Once she made it to the room, she knocked on the door, and Void said, "Come in." Lumia opened the door and enter the room. Void had his right hand on Rexalia's head and he was using magic, as blue lights emits from his hand. Void looked at Lumia and said, "You didn't have to bring it all the way here." Lumia giggle and said, "So how is she doing?"

Void reply, "She's alive, but barely. Whatever that guy used was quite potent and deadly. I'm glad I rushed in when I did, otherwise it be a different story." Lumia set the tray on a desk by the window and sat down on the bed. Void stood up out of the chair, picked up the tray, and said, "Well I'm going to eat in the dining room." But before he left, he stopped at the door, and said, "When Rexalia has gotten better, how about all of us go do something fun? It will be a good change of pace." Lumia looked at him and said, "Are you sure? Don't you have a shop to run?" Void reply, "Yeah, it's fine. Closing it for some days won't hurt us." Lumia then smiled and said, "I see, it will probably be a good experience for her as well. We should go to the beach or a lake. Something with a scenic view, so we can all enjoy the sight." Void laughed and said, "I see, guess me and Vain will have to go look around for some good places." Void the close the door behind him as his footsteps quietly disappear down the hall. While Lumia continue to watch over Rexalia through the night.


© 2017 Michael Yang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on July 28, 2017
Last Updated on July 28, 2017

GodsMight


Author

Michael Yang
Michael Yang

Fresno, CA



About
Hobbies are playing games, writing, and reading. All my friends call me lazy due to the fact I rarely do anything besides sleep unless something piques my interests. more..

Writing