Chapter 36

Chapter 36

A Chapter by Michael Yang

Three days have passed by and Rexalia still hasn't waken. Void had closed his shop as he and Vain travel the world. But they both traveled alone, as well as Veto. Since Veto got bored of his games and decided to help them scout places. Vain was standing on a big rock overlooking a lake surrounded by trees, while the sunlight gleamed off the surface. Vain was enjoying the quiet scenery until a man's scream broke the silence. Vain decided to ignore it until he saw a man and a giant boar monster coming toward him from the right. Vain sigh, before jumping off the rock towards the creature and sliced it in half. Vain and the ground he was standing on was completely covered in blood. So he devoured the blood and cleaned up the place, before talking to himself, "Lumia will annoy me if it is dirty." The man sat on the ground and tried to catch his breath, but when he saw Vain leaving he said, "Hey wait!"

Vain stopped in his tracks and waited. The man started to think about what he wanted to say and Vain decided to walk away again. The man then said, "Wait! Can you help me?" Vain stopped again, looks at him from the corner of his eye, and walks toward him. Vain laid his back against the rock and the man was confused, so he asked, "So you're going to help me?" Vain reply, "That's why I stayed. Otherwise, I would've kept walking." The man had a big smile on his face and said, "Thank you, thank you very much." Vain then said, "So get to the point and tell me what your business is. It's odd for someone who can't fight to be this far out." The man then said, "Oh, yes right. Well, I am looking for my daughter. She was doing some quests with adventurers for money to help support us. But one day she stopped coming back home. So I went looking around town, but couldn't find her. I soon found the group she always travels with and asked them what happen to her. They told me they lost her in this forest and that's why I am here." Vain then said, "I see," and walked away deeper into the forest.

Vain fought off the monsters while the man shouts his daughter's name. Soon they heard a girl's voice reply to them and the man ran off towards it. Vain followed after him and when they saw a young girl, in her seventeens, they stopped in their tracks. The man slowly walked closer to her and Vain knew something was wrong. Her clothes are perfectly fine, and she was healthy and uninjured. Vain saw that the man hadn't notice and decided not to say anything. Soon the man hugged his daughter and an evil smile spread across her face. A root then shot out of the ground and pierced him through the chest, killing him. His body felled to the ground, as more roots came out, breaking the ground before wrapping around the man, and pulling him into the ground. Vain then said, "I thought so."

The girl laughed and Vain said, "You're a dryad or plant monster." She stared at him and said, "Oh... you knew yet you didn't say anything." Vain walked up to her slowly, while unhitching the chain on his coat and said, "Yeah I knew. There's no way his daughter would be alive or in good condition even. If he was too stupid to notice then it's his fault. Now how about I free those stupid idiots you're using as nourishment?" She then laughs and said, "You'll free them? Do you think..." Before she could finish her sentence Vain struck her, through the chest, with his devouring arm and ate every piece of her, including all the people she had wrapped in her roots. Silence filled the air as balls of light escape from his left arm. They all said thank you to him and even told him some of their requests. Vain listen to every word and soon the man that just died and his daughter spoke to him. They thanked him and the man apologizes, before asking a request. Vain then sigh and said, "Sure, I can do that." They both smiled and thanked him again, before leaving. Vain then made his way out of the forest and headed in the direction the man said.

As for Void, he was walking along a beach and saw an old broken wooden ship. He looked at it a little before he saw something large in the distance. So he ran over to it and saw that it was a massive whale with a big horn stuck on the beach. Its eyes were closed and Void activated his observation magic and said, "Looks like she's alive, better get her back in the water." Void walked closer and touched the animal. It opens its eyes and remained calm, as Void use magic to lift it gently off the ground. Once it was completely off the ground, Void moved her to the water and set her down. It swam further away from the shore, splashing water on Void as it left. Void's clothes were wet, so he dried himself off with magic, and continue walking along the beach.

Finally, Veto was looking around a forest. He jumped from tree to tree until he suddenly stopped. He smiles at the amount of fruit in the tree, grabbing some, and sitting down on the branch as he eats. Once he has eaten five out of ten fruits, he heard a stomach growling below him, and looked down. It was a little boy about ten-years old, he had silver hair, red horns, a black collar around his neck with a broken chain hanging on it, and he was wearing brown tattered clothes. Veto dropped down from the tree and gave him a fruit and wrapped his scarf around his neck. They both then sat down beside the tree and ate the fruits. When he was full and satisfied, Veto stood up and said, "So where are your parents?" He pointed in a direction and Veto went to go look. Veto saw two dead horses, a fallen cage, and tons of dead bodies laying on a bloodied ground. So he quickly returns and said, "I see, well if you have nowhere else to go how about coming with me?" The boy hesitated for a bit and after thinking for a bit went with him.

Soon Veto and Void both made it home. Void look at the kid and asked Veto what happened. Veto explains the situation as they open the doors. Zec was then made to give the kid a bath and Sia went to prepare some food for them. Void then went into in Rexalia's room and found Lumia sitting in a chair beside the bed. Void sigh and said, "You still haven't budged from that spot." Lumia turned her head and looked at Void and said, "It's not like I'm going to die." Void patted her head and said, "I know. Anyway, wonder what's taking Vain so long? He should've been back at the same time Veto and I got back."

Void then activated his magic and saw Vain walking with two small girls. They were twins, about five-years old, and they had red hair. One of them was wearing a blue dress with a ponytail and the other wore a red dress with twintails. They were acting well behave and clung onto Vain's coat. But soon they got tired of walking, so Vain created his shadow arm, and carried both of them on his shoulders, their little hands clinging onto his hair. Void laughed at the scene and Lumia wonders what was funny. Void looked at her and said, "You'll see when Vain gets back. Hopefully, you wake up soon Rexalia. It's about to get lively and you don't want to miss out on the fun." Void then patted her head and left the room.

Two days later, Rexalia finally opened her eyes and looked around her room. She was immediately greeted by Lumia's smile and Lumia said, "How do you feel? Are you hungry?" Rexalia nodded her head and Lumia left to go find Luvia since she can't cook. So Luvia started to cook some soup for Rexalia in the kitchen and Lumia helped by cutting the ingredients to tiny pieces. Once it was done, they brought it to Rexalia's room, and Lumia fed it to her with a spoon. She soon finished the bowl of soup and Lumia took it back to the kitchen, while Luvia activated the observation magic Void taught her. Mia saw that her condition was slightly better, but she was still weak and tired. So Lumia cast healing magic on her and told her to take it easy and rest.

One more day pass by as Vain finally returns home with the two girls, on Heo's back. Sia then took the two girls to the bath and Vain went to find Void, who was in Rexalia's room with Lumia and Veto. They all talked about where they went, what they found, and what happened. After filling Lumia in on the details they waited for her to make her decision. She thought about it for a while and then asked Rexalia, "Where do you want to go?" Rexalia thought about it and replied, "How about the lake that Vain found. I really want to see what he saw." Veto smile and said, "Of course, it will be fun and we'll even take the kids along." Void then said, "Sounds like a plan. Well, we best prepare for the trip." They all spent the rest of the day getting supplies and preparing, as Veto tried his best to keep the kids busy. But the two girls, dressed in white dresses, kept clinging to Vain and so he had no choice but to let them ride on his back, while he helps Luvia.

Soon they start clinging to Luvia and kept calling her mommy. They watched her cook and prepared food and snacks. The twintail girl, Flayna, ate some snacks and the ponytail girl, Ruby, was interested in how the food was made. So Luvia started to slowly teach and show her what to do. Vain smile at the scene as he left and went to his smithing room to check everyone's weapon and gear. Vain noticed that the demon boy, Nezerand, followed him and was watching him from the door. Vain decided not to pay any attention to him and started to repair the items. Soon the boy slowly came into the room and since Vain didn't yell at him, he stood next to the work bench. He watched Vain work on the weapons, taking them apart, and fixing the edges and pieces, before putting everything back together. Vain saw how interested he was and said, "Want to try?" He nodded his head and Vain quickly taught him. Before taking out a pair of gloves and letting him try to make his own thing.

He made a small foldable knife but when he tried to unfold it, the mechanical pieces snapped the blade off its hinges. Firing the blade towards the ceiling, they both looked up, and Vain said, "Do you know what you did wrong?" He shook his head and Vain sigh before saying, "Here, I'll show ya." Vain pointed out his mistakes and showed him what he did wrong. Soon the knife was fixed and it worked perfectly. The boy looked happy and Vain said, "Well done kid, let's go." Vain walked out and Nezerand followed after him. They both went out and stood in front of the mansion as Vain called for Heo. Heo came out of his portal, pulling a red and white carriage with him, and Vain and Nezerand both began to check the carriage. As for everyone else Void and Lumia were finishing buying items in town, Veto was fishing and playing games at the same time, Luxia was setting security and traps around the mansion, and Luvia was packing the food and snacks that were made away in her magic item storage.


© 2017 Michael Yang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on July 29, 2017
Last Updated on July 30, 2017

GodsMight


Author

Michael Yang
Michael Yang

Fresno, CA



About
Hobbies are playing games, writing, and reading. All my friends call me lazy due to the fact I rarely do anything besides sleep unless something piques my interests. more..

Writing