Chapter 28: New World, New Challenges

Chapter 28: New World, New Challenges

A Chapter by Michael Yang

High above an academy, a magic gate opened, and Vain and Luvia fell out of it. People were laughing below them, but Vain didn't care and wrapped his body around Luvia's. Soon they landed on the ground with a loud thump and the laughter stopped. Once the cloud of dirt settled, Vain and Luvia both stood up and looked around. There was a teenage girl behind them who had brown hair and a uniform on. While a group of students is in front of them and a male teacher, with green hair and glasses, to the right of them. Vain was about to ask a question when something fell on top of him. Lumia then stood up and Void stood up after, they saw Luvia, and Lumia hugged her, while they were saying hello. Void wonder where Vain was and Vain said, "You're standing on me, stupid b***h."

Void look at his feet and got off Vain, and said, "Oh... my bad. You alright?" Vain replied, "Do I look alright?" Vain stood up and Void said, "Yep, you're fine." Vain dust himself off and said, "Now what I was about to say was..." Again, something landed on him and Veto and Luxia stood up. They saw the gang and everybody said hello to each other. Veto looked around and couldn't find Vain, so he asked, "Where's Vain?" Void replied, "You're standing on him." Veto looked down and got off of him. Vain stood up and dust himself off again, before asking, "So who else is going to fall on me?"

Everyone waited for a few minutes and seeing as nothing else is going to fall on him, he asked, "So... where the hell are we?" No one responded to Vain's question and instead whispered to each other. They soon stopped whispering and started mocking the girl behind them, "Oh will you look at that, the worthless girl has managed to bribe someone to summon for her. She even had them summon up to six, guess that proves how desperate she is. She probably spent all her money on those guys. The weak, worthless, poor, and pathetic Rexalia." All the students were laughing hard as they continue to mock her. She was starting to cry, so she clenched her fists, and tried to fight back the tears. Luvia hugged her and patted her head, while Vain confronted them and said, "You guys are no different, seeing how the only thing running is your big fat lips." They all stopped laughing and gave an angry look at Vain. He only smirks and said, "Oh, did I interrupt your stupid mood? My bad, I didn't know that my words could hurt your cold hearted souls. Seeing how you guys are wasting your time by bullying her. I just thought your lazy cold hearts could take some heat."

A boy with black hair instantly came up front and said, "Hey look the summons she hired are protecting her. She's more pathetic than we thought." Vain smirk and said, "Oh and having a crowd for protection is so... much better. One versus one hundred, yeah that makes you so much better than pathetic. It makes you all a pile of trash. What can't fight your battles alone?" They went quiet as they started thinking of things to say. Vain had a big grin on his face as he clapped slowly and said, "What given up already? Yay Bravo, I'm so impressed by your stupid brain. Now would be a great time to run home and cry to your parents."

Another boy with green hair stepped up and said, "At least we still have parents. Her parents gave up on her and threw her out. That just proves she's worthless and that no one would want her." Vain then said, "Oh, so you do still live with your parents? At least she is independent and working hard to provide for herself. Unlike all of your mooching a******s." A girl then stepped up and said, "What gives you the right to make assumptions about us?" Vain reply, "I knew you were stupid but I didn't think you were that stupid. Last time I check I didn't start this whole stupid assumption game."

They were confused and Vain said, "Then allow me to help you, stupid idiots. We belong to no one and no one summoned us. She hired nobody and we came here on our own. So tell me, who was the first one to make assumptions? Or do you want to make another assumption saying that I'm lying?" They all grew quiet and soon a woman, with red hair tied into a ponytail, came out of a building. She called out to the girl in Luvia's arm, "Rexalia, the headmaster wants to see you." She and Luvia both got up, walk towards the woman, and were guided away. Void, Veto, Lumia, Luxia, and Vain followed after them but Vain gave a glare to the group of students before he left.

They soon reach a door and upon walking through it saw a woman with yellow hair sitting in a chair. She was well dressed in a black, blue, and white dress. Everybody soon sat down around a small table in the center of the room. except for Vain. He stood by the door, his left feet up against the wall, and his hand against his hip. Everyone introduce themselves to her and Rexalia. Rexalia gave a gracious bow and said, "It's nice to meet you guys, I am Rexalia Levinghart." When she was done introducing herself the woman said, "It's nice to meet you as well. I am the headmaster of this academy, my name is Fruvala Measterkait. The person next to me is my assistant, Gracia." Gracia bowed her head and Fruvala continued talking, "Well since that's out of the way. Onto the topic, I wanted to talk about. Rexalia, I'm sorry but... you have to leave as you couldn't pay for the full tuition. I am sorry, but please pack up your things from the dorm and leave before the end of the day." Rexalia nodded her head and left the room. The group also left the room, Fruvala wanted to stop them, but Void said, "Don't, you'll be wasting your breath. We made up our mind and we're going to stick with it."

Once they reach Rexalia's room, Luvia helped her pack, while everyone else waited outside the door. Once she finished, they left the academy and arrived at a little shack outside of town. It was a single room, a small bed was in the left corner, a small table in the middle, and a poorly crafted wooden desk in the right corner. When they all saw this, they decided to do some home redecorating and went to work. Vain brought out some ingots and clay from his magic storage, including a portable furnace, and started to make pots, pans, utensils, plates, and trays. While Void uses his magic to deconstruct Rexalia's shack and the area surrounding it, before building a brand new mansion in its place. Luxia helped Void with setting up rooms, desks, beds, and a lot of other stuff. Lumia went to go hunt something for lunch and Veto left to find a stream to fish in. Void then place Rexalia's clothes in front of Luvia and she started to fix them while adding some enchantment. Once she was done, she got Rexalia's measurements and started to make new dresses and clothes for her.

When they had finished, they all walked up the steps and stood by the door. They turned around and Void said, "Come on, let's put your things in your new home." Rexalia was amazed and surprised as she opened the doors to the mansion. Inside already waiting for them was Vain's mech knight Zec and mech maid Sia. They both took her belongings and guided her to her room. Lumia and Veto soon came through the door with their catch. Lumia had hunted down a boar and Veto had caught ten fish and gathered some wild vegetables. Luxia then guided them and Luvia to the kitchen to prepare lunch. Vain and Void both looked at each other and Vain said, "You thinking what I'm thinking?" Void reply, "Yep, time to make some money." So they both left the mansion and headed into town. Void wanted to start up a store and sell merchandise. So he went to the mayor and secured a permit to build a store. As for Vain, he arrived at a tavern after asking around where to find quests to do for money. Vain found a quest saying a merchant needed bodyguards for his trip to the sea and back. So Vain signed up for it and joined a group of four other people.

Back at the mansion, Luxia had built a fence around the mansion, created a front yard and backyard, and a garden in the back. Luvia was working in the garden planting seeds, she had stored, so they wouldn't have to buy a lot of food and behind her Lumia was training. While Luxia was sitting in a chair and writing a report and Veto was laying down on the roof playing games on his small portable device. Rexalia soon finishes eating in the dining room and was going to clean up, but Sia kindly told her it was alright. So Sia cleaned up and Rexalia went to go see the others in the back. When she came out Lumia and Luvia greeted her and she greeted them back. The other two were too busy and engrossed in their own activities to notice her. Lumia came over to her and patted her head, while saying, "Don't worry about them. Luxia always put a lot of effort into her work, so she's really focused and can't hear you. As for Veto, he is pretty lazy. He only does things if he finds them fun, otherwise, he sleeps or plays games." Rexalia tilt her head at Lumia's word and asked, "Games?" Lumia replied, "It's a long story."

She soon went back to training, by swinging her sword in one motion over and over. Rexalia sat down at Luxia's table and watched her for a while before Lumia asked her if she wanted to try. She stood up, walked over to Lumia, and Lumia held her weapon in front of Rexalia, saying, "Careful, it's a bit heavy. I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself." Rexalia nodded her head and grip the handle with both hands. Lumia shifted her hands to the blade and asked, "Okay, are you ready? You have a firm grip on it, right?" Rexalia nodded her head again and Lumia removed her hand from the sword. But once she did that, the tip of the sword instantly felled onto the ground, and Lumia grabbed Rexalia's waist and the handle very quickly. They both let out a sigh of relieving and Rexalia said, "Thank you, Lumia." Lumia smiled at her and said, "Your welcome and I'm sorry Rexalia. Seems the sword was heavier than I thought. It's a good thing I'm well trained and caught both you and the sword. If I hadn't, the sword might've crushed your hands."

Rexalia then turns her attention to the sword and noticed it was very large. But her face soon turns a slight shade of red after she looked at the handle, her hands, and her waist. She almost forgot that Lumia's hand and arm were touching and holding her. Lumia soon went behind her, wrap her arms around her, and place her hands on top of Rexalia's. She held Rexalia's hands gently and helped her lift the sword. They soon start training together swinging the sword over and over. After fifty swings, Rexalia got tired, and Lumia guided her back to the table Luxia was sitting at. Once she sat down, Lumia walked away and went back to swinging. Zec soon came out with a nice cold fruit drink and set it down in front of her. Zec and Rexalia both watch Lumia swing her sword over and over. Until Lumia notices them staring and waved to them. Lumia then asked Zec to practice with her, so he summoned ten swords, and made them fly and swing at Lumia.

A sword came at her feet and she jumps up to avoid it. Another then came towards her face and she smacked it away with her sword. Then her back, front, left, right, from above, and from underneath. Zec continues to assault her with his swords from different angles and patterns. Rexalia was impressed by how skilled she was and Lumia wasn't even using magic. Luxia soon finished her work and started to watch Lumia as well. Sia then came outside with a silver cart that Vain made. There were four ice cold fruit drinks and a pitcher on the cart. Sia set the drinks on the table, placed the cart behind Zec, and stood beside him. Luxia took a sip of the drink and after an hour Lumia told Zec to stop. Zec's swords then vanished into thin air, as she makes her way to the table, set her sword against a chair, and sat down. She drank the whole cup quickly and set it back down feeling refreshed. Sia refilled her cup and Luvia and Veto soon join them. Lumia then said, "I'm gonna take off my coat and shirt since I'm sweating so much." So she did, revealing her stomach for a while before she unfolded her black tank-top back down from her chest. She set her clothes on her chair and said, "Ah... much better."

Rexalia then asked Lumia a question, "Why do you wear that many clothes? Wouldn't that make even more you hotter and sweatier in this weather?" Everyone looked at Luvia and Luvia said, "Well I apply heat and cold protection on our clothes. So no matter how much you pile on you won't get hot and no matter how little you wear you won't get cold. So that way, we're free to wear our favorite stuff whenever we want and I even put self-cleaning on them as well. So if they got dirty, it would be instantly cleaned on the spot, and we also don't have to worry about our clothes smelling. I wanted to apply them to my husband's equipment, but he said he didn't need it." Rexalia nodded her head and said, "I see, that sounds really useful." Lumia then said, "Yep, but I rarely wear my coat. I usually leave it in my room, but if we're leaving then I have to wear it and take it along." They continue talking about several things until the sun set and night came. Void just came home and Zec and Sia greeted him at the door. He then walks into the kitchen and put away the food he bought with some money he made. After everything was put away, Luvia soon came into the kitchen, and everyone went into the dining room. The food was finally prepared and set down in front of them. They all ate their food, as Void told them how his day went.

He manages to get a permit for a spot in town to build a shop and so he instantly build the shop by himself. Then he lined up the store with Vain's crafted goods and a few other things. Customers came in to see the new shop and some left without buying anything while others bought stuff. It was a rough slow first day, but Void had a feeling that things will get better. He also told them that Vain had taken on a request and left towards the sea, so he won't be back for a while. After some more talking they finished eating and Zec and Sia cleaned up after them. Everyone then headed to their rooms and Lumia set her sword down on her desks. She was about to get in bed when someone knocks on her door, she opens it, and saw Rexalia. Lumia told her to come in and she did.

They sat down in Lumia's bed and Lumia asked, "Is something wrong?" Rexalia replied, "A little, everything that happens today feels like a dream. If I feel asleep and woke up the next day would this all disappear? Will I be waking up in my shack and be laughed at by everyone again?" Lumia hugged her and said, "Don't worry everything will be alright, it's not a dream." Rexalia then asked her, "How do you know?" Lumia smile at her and reply, "I've been in your same spot before. I thought I was dreaming, but my brother made me believe I wasn't. He always told me that he feels alive and that I feel alive. Even right now I feel alive and you feel alive as well, right?" She nodded her head and Lumia said, "If you still feel unsure, you're free to sleep here and if you want I'll tell you a story about myself." She nodded her head and they both laid down in the bed.


© 2017 Michael Yang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on July 19, 2017
Last Updated on July 19, 2017

GodsMight


Author

Michael Yang
Michael Yang

Fresno, CA



About
Hobbies are playing games, writing, and reading. All my friends call me lazy due to the fact I rarely do anything besides sleep unless something piques my interests. more..

Writing