Chapter 21

Chapter 21

A Chapter by Michael Yang

Veto and Luxia both arrive at a port town. Luxia talks to the fishermen, while Veto walks down to the beach. Veto spots some kids near the shore, playing in the water, and enjoying themselves. Veto wanted to play with them too, but unfortunately he didn't know them, and not wanting to look like a suspicious person kept his distance. Luxia finished talking to the fishermen and found out they were doing well. They had enough fish for trades, no one was going hungry, and monster attacks had lessen. There was still bandit troubles, but the knights and mages were doing a fine job handling it. Since there was no issues or complaints, Luxia finish writing down her report, before walking towards Veto, and grabbing him by the collar, as they left.

They soon arrive at the village of Rola and began talking to Rudcher. They wanted to confirm that Vain and Luvia both have been here. Rudcher nodded his head and explain everything to them. His story matching what Void told them and after that Luxia asked him if there was anything they could do to help. Rudcher thank them and politely ask them if it be possible to live in Elance. Since rebuilding the village was not going to be easy.

"Of course, shall we guide you there?"

"That would be much appreciated. I just hope we have enough supplies to reach the town."

"Don't worry, I made sure to bring a lot of food and water. If we ever run out, Veto can go and hunt something."

"I see, well we have no means of transportation. So I'm afraid we'll all be walking."

"If you want, I can see if I can requests something for us."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course."

"Thank you, I am really grateful. We don't have much possessions, but I was worried about the children. The trip would've been pretty hard for them. So having a carriage or wagon will be much appreciated."

Luxia created a magic circle and placed it next to her ear, "Hey Void, are you busy?"

"Hm? A little, but what do you need?"

"Well I need a large wagon, enough to fit seven adults and eight kids, and two horses to pull it."

"I see, I'll teleport the wagon over. As for horses... Vain's horse, Heo, should be more then enough to pull it."

"Okay, thank you Void. I'll go ahead and give Vain a call."

"Alright."

After that she hanged up on Void and started to call Vain. Several minutes pass until Vain picked up the call.

"What is it?"

"Were you busy?"

"Not really."

"I see, then if it is possible, I liked to borrow Heo."

"Fine, I'll send him over now."

"Thank you, Vain."

Once they hung up, Luvia asked Vain, "Who was that?"

"Luxia, she needed Heo. Guess we'll have to ride Ray. Hey Heo, get going!"

Heo created his magic portal and left through it. Arriving in front of Luxia and Veto, they both attach the wagon onto him, as the villagers put the children and their belongings in the wagon. Once everyone was in the carriage, Luxia double check to make sure they weren't leaving anyone behind, confirming that there were fifteen people, she sat down, and took the reigns. Heo took off down the road at a normal pace, so that the passengers would have an enjoyable ride. Rudcher looked around the wagon, but didn't see Veto.

So he asked Luxia, "Where is the man that was with you?"

"Oh, my brother, well he's sleeping on top."

She pointed to the top of the wagon and Veto was sleeping on top of it.

"If something happens don't wake me. Just... pretend I'm not here."

Luxia sigh at Veto's remark, as he dose off, and Rudcher sits back down. After a few hours of travelling, the sun was starting to set, when the wagon stop, and Veto slowly woke from his sleep. He tries to go back to sleep, while a group of ten bandits surrounded them, and Luxia tried talking to them, trying to avoid conflict. Which they didn't care, so Luxia got down, and ready herself to fight. The bandits got off their horses and rush towards her, but when they draw their swords, she instantly broke them, with her punches and kicks.

"I would be happy if you consider giving up."

They decided to do what Luxia suggested, so they got back on their horses, and left. Luxia climb back into the coachmen's seat, taking the reigns, and they were on their way again. As night begins to settle in, they set up camp in some woods, and Veto played with the kids, while everyone else were preparing food. Once food was ready, everyone ate till they were full, after their meal, the kids went to sleep inside the wagon, and the adults cleaned up. Once everything was cleaned and stored away, they also went to sleep in the wagon, except Veto, and Heo. Veto slept in the trees, while Heo was in charge of guard duty. A few hours later a kid woke up in the middle of the night and Heo watched her climb out of the wagon.

"Is something wrong little lady?"

Once her feet touch the ground, she turn around, and told Heo she needed to go. Heo understood and told her not to wonder off too far. So she went behind some trees and begins to get her business over with. When she screams, which no one heard, as Veto put a soundproof barrier around her, and points his gun at the back of a man's head.

He yawns, before saying, "A grown man peeking on a little girl, how awful. How about you do us both a favor and go to sleep, forever. Ah, but first... better get back to the wagon, little one. Mister peeper and uncle Veto are going to have a quick chat."

She nodded her head and went back to the wagon. She trouble climbing back in, so Heo picked her up by the shirt, with his mouth, and placed her back in. She went back to her spot and doze off into a peaceful sleep. Veto then shot him in the back of the head, making a loud sound, as his dead body falls onto the ground, and blood on the tree. Due to Veto's barrier, no one heard the gun shot, and remains in a peaceful slumber.

"Let's clean up quickly and get rid of the other nine. So I can go back to sleep."

Veto quickly works his way through the remaining bandits, except for the last one. When Veto shot a bullet towards him, he blocked it with a barrier.

"Oh... not bad. Should I use something big or bigger? Hm... you know what, I'm not gonna think about it. I really want to get back to sleep."

Veto place his hand cannons back into their holsters, on his thighs, and creates a magic circle. The magic circle created a rifle, which Veto held in his right hand, and creating a special bullet with his left. The side of the rifle slide open and Veto placed the bullet in, before closing it. The bandit starts running away, as Veto takes aim, and fires. The bandit created a magic barrier again, but the tip of the bullet turn into a drill, and pierce through the barrier. Piercing through his chest and disappearing, two seconds later, as it exits the body. The rifle slowly disappears into nothing and Veto walks his way back to the camp, to sleep.


© 2017 Michael Yang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on June 27, 2017
Last Updated on June 27, 2017

GodsMight


Author

Michael Yang
Michael Yang

Fresno, CA



About
Hobbies are playing games, writing, and reading. All my friends call me lazy due to the fact I rarely do anything besides sleep unless something piques my interests. more..

Writing