Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A Chapter by Michael Yang

Void is currently walking through the town, with Luvia and Cecily following him. His hands are in his pants pockets, as he walks and surveys the area. Soon they arrive at a church and Void walks in.

"Excuse me, Father Pendelt! Are you here?"

"Yes, your majesty. What do you need?"

A priest came over to them and Void said, "I was wondering how the church is doing? Is everyone doing fine?"

"Ah yes, we're spectacular. Thanks to your majesty's and your sister's help."

"I see, that's good. I hate it if the kids don't have any other place to go. With that said I was hoping you can watch over another."

Cecily peeked out from behind Luvia's coat and Father Pendelt looked at her. Before looking at Luvia and reaching his hand out to her.

"Hi, I'm father Pendelt."

Luvia shook his hand and said, "I'm Luvia, it's nice to meet you. Come on, you have to introduce yourself as well."

Cecily came out from behind Luvia and said, "Hi, I'm Cecily."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Lady Luvia and Cecily as well. Is she perhaps yours?"

"Well..." Luvia looked at Cecily and saw her clinging on to her coat. With a scene like that anyone would mistake Cecily as her child.

Then she remember what happened yesterday, when they were walking around the town. Cecily was running and playing with Void's children. Void is looking at shops and chatting with his ten wives, talking about food, clothes, and jewelry. Luvia walked close to the kids, trying to keep an eye on them, until Freveon came over to her.

"So... is she your child?"

"Huh, oh no she isn't."

"Then where is her family?"

"They're... all dead."

"Oh... I see. Sorry, well she looks happy right now."

"Yeah."

They both look at Cecily smiling and running around. She notice them looking at her so she came over to them.

(Cecily) "Is something wrong?"

(Freveon) "No, nothing's wrong. I was just talking to Lady Luvia about you."

(Luvia) "Yeah, we were just watching you have fun."

Cecily gave a small laugh, before saying, "Oh, then I'll be going."

(Luvia) "Of course, have fun and don't hurt yourself."

Cecily ran back to the other kids and resume playing with each other.

Freveon smile at the scene and said, "You two do look like a family. Why not adopt her as your child?"

"I would be happy to but... my husband and I will leave one day. Taking her as my daughter, only to leave her by herself later, doesn't feel right."

"I see, well I'm sure she'd be happy having you as a mother."

Cecily tugged at Luvia's coat, waking her from her daze, and bringing her back to what they were discussing.

"Um... she is not my daughter. But Cecily..."

Luvia crouch down and Cecily looked at her with a puzzle expression, so Luvia asked, "Do you want me to be your new mommy?"

"Eh, is that really okay?"

"It's okay with me, if it's okay with you."

She nodded her head and hugged Luvia as tears drip down her cheeks. Luvia rub her back and picked her up, in her arms. Trying to calm her down, while Void and Father Pendelt smile to each other.

"Well looks like there's a change of plans. Sorry for bothering you."

Pendelt laugh and said, "Don't worry about it your majesty. I'm glad you depended on me more then anything."

"I see, so Luvia will we be taking her out of town with us, on that investigation?"

"It will probably be too scary for her. So do you want to stay with your uncle Veto or at Void's castle?"

"Why not both? Getting Luxia to cover for me will be good and Veto needs to work every now and then. Babysitting is something he'll definitely do."

Luvia laugh and ask Cecily, "Do you want to do that?"

She nodded her head and they both left back to the castle. Once they drop her off and said their goodbyes, they left through the city gates. Running down the road at high speeds and soon reach the location marked on Void's map.

"Let's see this was where Cecily said they were ambush. The hideout should be close by."

When Void said that, five daggers came out of a bush, followed by a person. Void caught all of them, dodging the person's sword, gripping their face with his other hand, and slamming them into the ground. Void look closely at the person and saw that he had small pointy ears.

"An elf, what are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same question."

"I asked first."

"I came here to rescue some of my friends. They were kidnap by a group of bandits and demons."

"Ah... what a coincidence. We're looking for that same group. My name is Void and this is Luvia."

Void released him and introduce himself as well as Luvia, who was next to him.

He stood up, gave a quick look at Luvia, and return his gaze to Void, before saying, "Hm... I see. Nice to meet you, I am Levencer Fallaver."

"Now that we're acquainted, shall we go to their hideout?"

Void walked away, Luvia followed him, and Levencer wanted to stop him and ask how he know where it was, but decided not to and just followed. As they continue walking, they soon found a cave surrounded by trees, and hid in the bushes. There were two demon guards, so Levencer pulled out his daggers, and was about to throw them, when he was stopped. Void put out his arm, shaking his head, and Levencer had no choice but to put the daggers back.

"Then what's the plan of attack?"

"Watch."

Void walked out in front of them, cheerful, and his hands raised up to his shoulders.

"Hi there, I mean you no harm. Just let me talk to your leader. So we can solve this peacefully."

They look at each other, laughed, and one of them said, "Peacefully, then just hand everything over to us and we'll end your life quick."

"I see, sadly I like my life. If you wish to come at me, then be prepared to lose."

Void stood still in front of them, with his arms cross, and an impressive amount of pressure washed over everyone. The demons felt a cold sensation travel down their spines and so did the elf. His legs and arms were shaking, while Luvia place her hands on his shoulder. Trying to calm him down, even though she, herself, was scared.

"I'm giving you the first move, so come at me. Or have you changed your mind?"

They look to each other again, staring at each other, as they ponder on what to do. They decided to shake off the fear and rushed at Void. But once they took that first step, they instantly fell to the ground unconscious, and Void was standing at the entrance to the cave.

"Twenty-five percent and they're out. I'm not getting much of a workout with this. Maybe I should hold back for the next fight? Hm... sounds good, but if they use the captives as hostages, then I'll use fifty percent to make sure no one gets hurt. You guys coming or not!?"

Levencer and Luvia came out of their hiding spot and ran over to Void, before following him into the cave. They reached the end of the cave, which opens up, and reveals a nice big space about one-hundred feet in diameter and thirty feet up.

"Hm... quite spacious. They sure had a lot of time. Which gives me more questions then answers."

Using his observation magic, he found the leader, and slowly walks through the room. Soon he drew the attention of everyone present, stopping what they were doing, and watching him carefully. Void then stood behind a shirtless man with horns, black bat wings, and black pants. He was forcing himself onto an elven girl, who was wearing brown tater clothes, and was about to rip the clothes off. When Void seized his hand, he swung his other hand back, and Void caught it, by his wrist.

"Who the hell is disturbing my fun?"

He turned his head and saw Void standing behind him.

"That would be me and I would like it if you stop. The young lady clearly doesn't like what you're doing. Also mind releasing every captive you have. If you do I'll be sure to pay you. Of course I'll be the one sending everyone home, so you won't have to do it."

He gave Void a weird look and said, "Huh...! Who the f**k would do that? How about you just die, leaving all your money, and the girls with us. Sounds like a better idea."

"I see... then have it your way. Luvia and Levencer take care of girls. I'm going to teach these knuckleheads a lesson, the hard way."

(Levencer) "Are you saying what I think you're saying? You're going to fight all of them by yourself, all ten thousand?"

"Yep, I need to workout every once in a while. Hopefully they can make me break a sweat. Ah, also you don't have to worry about being attacked, I'll be protecting you both. With that said..."

Void took off his glasses, rubs his wrists, and looks at everyone around them before finally saying, "Come at me when you're ready."

Luvia then walked away and Levencer stood in place. Luvia started to remove someone's shackles, so one of the bandits rush to stop her, and within a second his face was laying on the ground. Void was standing in front of him and everyone had shocked expressions on their faces. They looked at where he was before and at where he was now. He clearly travel ten feet in the blink of an eye.

"Anybody else wants to take a step?"

"Don't be scared! He can't stop all of us at once! Everyone attack and give him no time to react!"

At the sound of their leader's voice they all cry out in unison, before running towards Void, Luvia, and Levencer. Levencer drew his sword and prepared himself, but every time they got close they instantly fell onto the ground. Even the group surrounding Luvia fell onto the ground when they got close to her and the girls next to her. So Luvia continue to work on removing shackles, when she finished one, she went to another, and another. Everyone in her way fell to the ground, as if she stared them to sleep, so all the girls she freed huddle beside her.

Levencer sheathed his sword and ran to a girl. Just like Luvia, everyone in his way felled to the ground, and created a path for him. Once he reach the woman, he focus on removing the shackles, to his surprise no one stopped him, and he didn't have to look behind him. As for all the people who were suppose to attack Void, they lost sight of him, and stood in place trying to find him again. Soon they gave up and decided to attack Luvia and Levencer, only to fall to the ground unconscious.

Thirty minutes later everyone, but one, was freed and there were ten-thousand bodies on the ground, except one. Void stood in front of the leader, who held the elven girl in front of him like a shield.

"D-Don't come any closer! You monster!"

(Void) "Monster, ouch that's insulting. Just so you know I'm being sarcastic. Like you can call someone monster, when you've abused these women and girls. Now give up or I'll be forced to show you half my strength."

(Levencer) "Half? You mean you weren't fighting at your full power?"

(Void) "Yep."

(Levencer) "I-I see... I'll be sure to stay on your good side."

(Void) "Good call. Now then... Mr.Leader, which shall it be give up or get knocked out?"

"I-I... give up."

(Void) "Good boy. Now that, that's done. I'll give Luxia a call and tell her to send some men to round them up. As for us, we'll be going to my castle and then we'll work from there. Sounds good to you Levencer?"

(Levencer) "Yeah, any place is better then this place."

"Okay, then..." Void created a tiny magic circle with one finger and placed it next to his ear, "Hello Luxia, this is Void."

(Luxia) "Oh Void, do you need something?"

"Yeah mind sending some of my men to my location? Along with a prison cart."

"Sure, I'll get right on it. Bastion, Void asked for... get it done as quick as you can. So was that all you needed Void?"

"Yep, so I'll hang up now."

"Wait!"

"Hm... did something happen?"

"Yeah, seems some demon from that group found their way into the castle."


© 2017 Michael Yang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on June 7, 2017
Last Updated on June 7, 2017

GodsMight


Author

Michael Yang
Michael Yang

Fresno, CA



About
Hobbies are playing games, writing, and reading. All my friends call me lazy due to the fact I rarely do anything besides sleep unless something piques my interests. more..

Writing