Chapter 2: Reunion?

Chapter 2: Reunion?

A Chapter by Michael Yang

The beasts stares at Vain intently unsure of how to approach him. It notice how dangerous Vain's left hand was, from the eerie energy flowing out of it. It then fired another lightning bolt towards Vain which was absorb by his left arm again.

"If you're not going to charge in, then... allow me!"

As Vain shout that, he jump up high toward the beasts, drawing out his sword, and dived down. The tiger jumped back, dodging it, as Vain stabs his sword into the ground, and cranks the handle. The blade turn red, gripping the lever with his fingers, he swung his sword out of the ground, which fired a crescent wave of fire towards the tiger. But before it could connect, it was blocked by a barrier, and Vain turn to look at Luvia. He then sigh and sheath his sword, as Luvia smiles at him.

"Right... right, sorry I forgot you don't like seeing death or fights."

"It's okay Darling. I know how you get when you fight. But I'm glad I decided to only focus on barrier and healing magic."

Luvia walked pass Vain and towards the beasts slowly. Vain went back to Zec and Freena, picking up his coat before standing next to them. As he was putting it on Freena asked him a question.

"So... why is she getting closer to it? She can't use offensive magic, right?"

"Yeah she can't. My wife is a kind soul, she won't kill or harm anyone. That's why she learned only barrier and healing magic. The reason why she's getting closer is because she wants to befriend it."

"But isn't that dangerous?"

"Not really, like I said she's good with barrier and healing magic. So she'll be fine."

"I see, then Sir Vain what was that weapon you used? Is it a magic sword by any chance?"

"Hm... I guess it somewhat is."

Vain drew his sword and showed it to Freena. A single edge blade, with the edge of the blade being slightly bigger then the body, a small red container attach to the top of the blunt side near the handle, and a protrusion extending from where the blade and handle connect to the bottom of the hilt. When Vain grip the lever the edge of the blade popped open but nothing shot out. The blade stayed open as Freena studies it curiously.

"This is something I made myself. It's an engine blade. The handle is specially design to act as a crank to start its engine. When turned it sends a charge to the container which energizes and then release its energy into the blade. When this lever is pulled the blade opens, as you've seen, and shoots all the energy out. The types of attack differ determine what container I'm using and how I'm using the sword. Also the more you crank the engine the more energy that is stored in the blade. Did you get all that?"

"Yes, but that sure is one interesting blade. I'm sure it would fetch a high price if you sold it."

"It would but this one is special so I'm not going to sell it."

"I see, then one last question Sir Vain."

"You sure have a lot of questions."

Freena giggles before saying, "Well it can't be help when you showed me so many things I don't know."

"I see, that just reminds me of one dude. He told me, 'Information is the bests weapon alive.' Even if he says that it's not like a lot of people use it."

"I see I like to meet this person if possible. Anyway about what I wanted to ask, what's with your arm? It gave off a very dangerous feeling."

"It's a special ability, it's neither magic or illusion. It has the ability to absorb anything and everything that touches it. I call it Devour, since it basically eats everything. No blood, no gore, and no pain. It's the most painless and cleanness kill. Also anything devour by it then become my shadow slaves. I can call on them for info, scouting, gathering, transporting, protecting, and lots more."

"I see, that somehow makes me want to stay on your good side."

Vain chuckle and sheath his sword. Luvia then came walking towards them with the tiger following behind her and the baby boar in hand.

"So I take it you have a new friend? Hopefully he can keep up."

"Yep and don't worry Darling. I'm sure he can."

Luvia smile brightly as she respond to Vain's question. She pets the tiger on the head before they started running again. A town, with a castle in the middle, then appear in sight and it continue to draw in closer. When they reach the gate, it was open, and everyone was free to walk in and out. As they walked in they were stop by one of the guards.

"Ah, excuse me. The owner of the beasts, may I have a word with you?"

Luvia stopped and looked at him. Vain, Zec, and Freena also stop and looked at him.

"What is it?"

As Luvia ask the question, the guard walk over to her and stood in front of her.

"Well... is this beasts tame?"

"Yes, he is."

"Then please put a collar on him. Otherwise people might mistaken it to be dangerous and have mercenaries kill it."

"Oh I see. Thank you for the tip. Where could I buy a collar?"

"You can buy it from us. Our new king have allowed gatekeepers to sell beasts tamer collars, so Tamers wouldn't have to worry about buying them in town. Of course the craftsmen sells us the collars as the king is making sure people aren't jobless."

"I see, well... we don't have any money. Since we just barely arrive."

"Oh then you can borrow some money to pay for it."

He then pointed to a building which had a money bag display on the front of it. Vain then walk towards the guard and summoned a sword out of nowhere.

"We won't need to. We'll pay with this."

"Oh okay, is it fine if I take a look to check the quality?"

"Of course."

The guard took the sword and unsheathed it slightly. He inspected the double edged blade and when he was done he slid it back into its sheath.

"T-This is quite the well made sword. Tell me Sir are you a blacksmith by any chance?"

"I am."

"I see, that explains the quality of the blade. This sword itself is worth at least twenty-five silver coins. Collars are worth at least five silver coins. Are you sure about trading this Sir?"

"Yeah, just give me five collars."

"Yes right away."

The guard left and came back with what looks like five leather collar with bells attach on them. He gave them to Luvia and she attach one to the tiger. The rests were given to Vain and he stored them in a magic void. Before they could continue walking Freena decided to ask the guard a question.

"Excuse me, where can I find a person name Void?"

"Oh, the king, did you have business with him?"

"Yes, my father sent me here. To become one of his wives."

"Oh I see, excuse me for keeping you and your companions. The king should be working at his desks in the castle like usual."

"I see, thank you."

As they left the guard Vain look at Freena and asked, "So you didn't know he was a king?"

"Yes, my father just told me to seek him if I needed help, that's all."

"So the whole wife thing was a lie?"

"Yes, I'm pretty sure a king wouldn't waste time with someone else's problem. Since he has an entire kingdom to take care of."

"You never know, he's probably a great guy."

They all then continue to walk in silence making their way to the castle. When they made it to the gate a woman, with black hair and a black great sword with red lines, was coming out. When she saw Vain and Luvia she ran towards them and jump towards Luvia, but was stop by Vain's right hand gripping her face.

"It's nice to see you again, Lumia."

"It's nice to see you too, Vain."

Vain let go of her and she drop onto the ground with a thud. She then instantly stood up and a woman with light blue hair walked up behind her.

"Do you know these people Lumi?"

"Ah, yeah. Let me introduce them. The mean looking guy is Vain, his wife with silver hair Luvia, his summoned mech knight Zec, and I don't believe I've met you."

"Hey! You call me mean, but you said something pretty mean yourself."

"Oh don't sweat the small details."

"Why you..."

"I am Freena, nice to meet you. I came here to seek an audience with your king."

"Oh nice to meet you. I'm Lumia, if you're looking for my brother he should be working."

"I see, then I guess I came at a bad time."

"Oh don't worry about it. My brother is more then happy then lend his ear to anyone."

"Yep Void is more then happy to listen and work. He always listen to me and Lumia's requests. Also allow me to introduce myself, I am Yuni a princess of Elance kingdom."

"Oh, are you perhaps married to Void?"

Vain asked that question and all three of them stared at him. Only Lumia was the one who punch him in the stomach with her left hand, which was cover in her metal gauntlet. Vain flopped to the ground and laid motionless.

"N-no I'm not. I'm actually married to Lumi."

"I-I-I see..."

Luvia giggle and said, "I see, Lumia is still as strong and as popular as ever. Also I apologize for my husbands remark."

"I-it's quite alright. I mean woman loving another woman is strange."

Vain then quickly stood back up, gave a thumbs up, and said, "Nonsense, girls on girls is the bests. I'd give two thumbs up if I could."

"I see, you're still as perverted as ever Vain."

Lumia held onto Yuni's hand and they started to walk away.

"What about your friends, Lumi?"

"We can catch up later, besides if we stayed around the pervert any longer he's going to fantasize about things."

"Hehehe I see, but... you're quite perverted yourself Lumi."

"Ah...! D-Don't say that here!"

As Yuni and Lumia walked away, loud and energetic, Vain and his group walked into the castle. When they entered a maid with brown hair walked over to them. She bowed towards them and told them to follow her. After a few minutes of walking they arrive in front of a room.

"Master Void, your guests are here."

"I see, please have them seated."

"Yes."

Everyone enter the room and saw a man reading a piece of paper. He quickly glanced at them before going back to what he was reading. After they all sat down, the Maid left the room, she then return with refreshments for everyone, and Void put the document he was reading down. He then picked up another one and started to read it.

"So, how may I be of assistance?"


© 2017 Michael Yang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on April 30, 2017
Last Updated on April 30, 2017

GodsMight


Author

Michael Yang
Michael Yang

Fresno, CA



About
Hobbies are playing games, writing, and reading. All my friends call me lazy due to the fact I rarely do anything besides sleep unless something piques my interests. more..

Writing