Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by Michael Yang

A few minutes before the incident, back at the inn, Luvia was changing out of her white nightgown and into her regular outfit. She looked at the little girl on the bed and set a barrier around her. After that Luvia headed downstairs and found the owner standing by the counter. She walked over to him and asked him a question.

"U-Um... is it fine if... I use your kitchen."

"Hahaha of course. No need to be nervous I won't bite."

"T-thank you"

Luvia went into the kitchen and saw his wife cooking along with two employees. A man with red hair and a woman with green hair. Everyone greeted each other and Luvia put on her apron, preparing to make some food. She made some vegetable soup, along with a nice seared fish, and some rice. She also made some rice balls and sandwiches in case the girl was still hungry. If she wasn't, then she would give them to the inn's staff or customers.

Luvia remove her apron and stored it in her magic storage. She set the food on a tray, carrying it to the dining room, and setting it on a table. Luvia then walked up to their room and open the door.

"Are you awake?"

There was no reply and Luvia could only see a shivering lump in the bed sheets. She walked over to it and wrapped her arms around it. Embracing and warming it with her touch.

"It's okay. You're safe, no one will hurt you."

With that the lump stop shivering and removed the sheets, revealing a blond little girl. Luvia smiled at her while stroking her back.

"I'm Luvia and you are...

"Um... my name is Cecily."

"Then Cecily, are you hungry?"

She nodded her head and Luvia stood up carrying her in her arms.

"Then let's get you changed out of those clothes and into something nice. Then we'll eat, okay?"

"B-but... this is my favorite dress. They were a gift from my mama."

"Don't worry I'll fix it. I won't be throwing it out. But I can't fix your dress if you're still wearing it. I'll fix it after we eat and you can change back, okay?"

She nodded her head again and soon changed out of the green dress into a blue and white dress. They went downstairs and ate their food. Once they were done, the waiter took the dishes away, Luvia left two silver coins for him, and they went back to their room.

Luvia held the dress in hand and started to repair it with her magic. While adding extra magic protections starting with self-repair, absolute damage protection, absolute status protection, heat and cold protection, instant clean, self-recovery, and water protection.

Once she was done, she handed the dress to Cecily, who was sitting on the bed waiting, and she puts it back on. She twirl around before smiling and Luvia smiled as well.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome, it was worth working on it. Just to see you smile."

"I hope I'm not interrupting."

Upon hearing a man's voice Cecily hugged Luvia and Luvia embrace her back while looking around the room. She didn't see anyone until her head face the door and someone seeped out of the shadows. He looked like an ordinary man, but he had horns, long nails, and black wings. He was wearing a black cape, black shirt with red flames etch into the edges, and black pants. He reach his hands out to Luvia and spoke.

"Hand the girl over and I'll kill you quickly."

"I won't."

Luvia held Cecily tighter and encase their body with a skin barrier. Barriers design to wrap around a person like a skin suit, protecting the person while not hindering movement. Luvia then turn her back to him and ran to the window. But before she could jump out, she was struck in the back by a black and purple beam. Which sent her flying out of the window and through buildings.

"Whoops, should've held back. Now I'll have to go get their corpses. I just hope the little girl is alive. Children taste best alive after all."

The demon flew out of the room after them and grew to fifth-teen meters tall. His clothes also grew in size, so as to not rip into shreds off his body.

Vain stood between the demon and the girls. The demon fired magic towards Vain, but he struck it with his left hand and devoured it. After that he jumped towards the demon, striking his right elbow into its stomach, and launching it back again. This time it smash through the outer walls surrounding the town. Vain rush at it again, trying not to give his opponent any time to counter attack.

Vain lunge at the demon, as he was laying down, from above and aim his sword at the chest. But he was caught in the demon's right hand, before he could land a blow. The demon stood up and started to squeeze its hand tight, trying to crush Vain. But its grip loosens as fire erupts out, creating a fireball in his hand, and burning him. Vain came out of the flames unharmed and changed his devour arm for his shadow arm. Stretching two of his fingers, changing them into swords, before bringing them down, and cutting the demon's wings off.

Blood sprayed out and the demon cry out in pain. As it smack Vain backwards with its long nails before firing magic at him. Vain's shadow arm shifted into a shield, which covered him, and blocked the attacks. Vain charged forward with his shield, continuing to block attacks, and changed the cartridge in his sword from red to light blue. He crank the engine blade three times and when he got close to the demon he jumped. Then pressing on the lever, which shot ice out, covering his sword in ice, and extending his blade to twice the length. Which was enough to cut the demon in half from the bottom up.

The body split into two halves and fell onto the ground with a loud thump. Vain then landed on the ground between the halves. His ice blade was dye in red from the blood, but the ice soon vaporize. Making the blood cover his weapon, so he swung his sword getting as much blood as he can off. Afterwards Vain lifted his sword onto his shoulder, leaving the body alone, and walked back through the giant crack in the wall.

Back in Void's office, in the castle, Tasha was looking out the window.

"There seems to be a commotion outside, master Void."

"It seems so, but Vain has taken care of it."

Void's right eye had a small magic circle in front of it. Showing him everything that had happen. While his left eye was reading through the documents. 

"I see, are you perhaps using your observation magic?"

"Yep, he hasn't been here for long. But he's already manage to destroy seventy-two homes and part of the city wall. Though I guess his wife did crash through fifteen of them. Guess I'll have to pay for the damages and make him owe me."

"Should I send out the guards to round up the dead bodies?"

"Hm... send out twenty to take care of the demon corpse. As for civilian casualties there is none."

"None? Really?"

"Yep, none. His wife has kept them safe with her magic. Unlike him, she cares about people. So we'll have to make room in the castle until repairs are done. I'll leave that to you Tasha, get as many rooms prepared as you can. Make sure the other maids and butlers do a good job as well. As for the construction details, I'll get Bastion to contact the builders so we can sort it out."

"Okay, master Void."

Tasha left the room and her footsteps disappear down the halls. Void sent a message to Bastion telepathically, before looking at Vain walk through the rubble. He then change the image to Luvia, Freena, and Cecily. He look at them for a bit, while still reading a document before writing down somethings on it.

"Guess I can send you guys to that place when they finish their little job. I'm sure if it's you two, you can make a change."

The image in his right eye changed to a room with a table in the center. A group of people sat around it, each of them arguing and bickering at one another. A woman sat at the front of the table, not speaking a word, and unsure of what to do. She had blonde hair and hazelnut eye. Wore a white dress, gloves, and a crown on her head. Her expression was sad and lifeless, like she was dead even though she was clearly breathing.

"You say we're not the same Vain, but I'm no different from you. I'm not a nice person as well, since... I took her happiness."


© 2017 Michael Yang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on May 19, 2017
Last Updated on May 31, 2017

GodsMight


Author

Michael Yang
Michael Yang

Fresno, CA



About
Hobbies are playing games, writing, and reading. All my friends call me lazy due to the fact I rarely do anything besides sleep unless something piques my interests. more..

Writing