Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Michael Yang

Void was sitting at his desk, staring back and forth at his visitors, and the paper in is hand. Vain was standing directly in front of his desks staring down at him.

"So I take it, you're leaving them with me?"

"Pretty much, probably going to take a day or two. If trouble comes again Zec could take care of it. But... I might end up using him. If that happens, Luvia would be left with no way to retaliate."

"I see, guess I have no choice. Lumia is out so I'll have to watch over them. It be good to take a break once in a while."

"Thanks, I owe you."

Void let out a small chuckle and reply, "More then once."

"Shut up."

Vain turn his back to Void and started to leave the room with Freena following after him. He stop at the entrance and looked back at Luvia.

"I'm heading out."

"Have a safe trip darling."

He gave her a thumbs up and walked away. Once his footsteps couldn't be heard, Void stood up, and walk towards Tasha, who was in the room.

"I'll be taking a break until he gets back. Once he's back I'll get back to work. But if something important happens, tell me."

"Yes, master Void. Will you be spending time with your wives?"

"Of course, I bet the kids will enjoy some company as well."

Void smile towards Luvia and Cecily, but they couldn't see it since it was under his mask. He then left the room and they both followed after him. Walking through the corridor before finally stopping in front of a room. Void open it, revealing a wide room, with glass windows, red blinds, and a big bed in the middle.

"This room is free for you two to use. It's right next to Tasha's room. If anything happens you know how to call me."

"Thank you."

They enter the room and Void was about to close the door when he stop.

"Oh, before I forget. Once your settle in and ready, come to the castle gate. We'll be taking a walk around. Of course, with my wives and children."

"Oh okay. Well we can go now, since we don't have a lot of stuff."

"True, then wait at the castle gate for us. We'll try not to make you two wait."

With that said Void close the door, leaving Luvia and Cecily alone in the room. Luvia looked around the room and Cecily jumped onto the bed. Luvia smile at her behavior, before walking to the window, and looking out at the town.

As for Vain, he's running down the road with Freena on his back. She had her arms wrap around his neck and was still wearing his coat. Vain was running really fasts, that the scene around them kept changing, which made Freena's dress and the coat flutter in the wind.

"Tch looks like we won't make it today. That little nuisance slowed us down."

"I-I see, so are we perhaps going to camp out?"

"Yep."

"Then who will take the first watch?"

"I won't be sleeping."

"You sure? It's not good if you don't sleep."

"I'll be fine, so just make sure you stay asleep."

"O-Okay...."

As they travel a few more miles the sun was starting to set. So Vain stop running and after sliding to a stop, Freena got off his back. They set up camp a few feet away from the road, surrounded by trees and bushes. Freena had created a fire pit as Vain went to look for some sticks to burn. She stared at the pit for quite a while until the sound of rustling bushes drew her attention.

When she look at the direction the sound was coming from it was Vain. He had a bunch of sticks under his right arm. He sat them down next to Freena, before getting a batch set inside the pit, and setting them on fire with magic. He took five fish out of his magic storage and started to cook them around the fire. As they cook, Vain sat besides Freena, and she scooted closer to him. Vain didn't pay any attention to it and continue to watch the fish cook.

Once they were done he handed one to Freena and they both started eating. Once they were done eating, they continue to sit in silence. Freena then snuggle closer to Vain and again no reaction.

"You're quite emotionless, Vain."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"Can I ask a question?"

"Go for it, I won't stop you."

"Then... why won't you accept my love?"

"Who knows? I just do what I want. Besides all I did was help you once. Can you really call that love?"

"Once? Wasn't it twice?"

"That doesn't count, you guys were being manipulated. And I just so happen to be near when you landed."

"Ah... yeah true."

Vain stare at the stars and Freena stare at them with him.

"Void did told me that people are drawn to someone strong. Someone who's strong can protect their love and most importantly their family. So women sometimes tend to flock to them hoping to secure a nice future. Unless you're strong like Lumia then that's another story."

"B-but I'm not like that. I really do like you."

"Then why?"

"Because you're kind of like Void."

"I see, you love Void. But since your sister got to him first, you decided to give up on it, and now you're pushing it on to me."

"N-No, that's..."

Before she could continue speaking, Vain pinned her to the ground. His hand placed against the ground, dividing them, as they stare into each others eyes.

"Just so you know, me and Void, we're nothing alike. If I want I could have my way with you right here, right now."

"I know you won't. You act rough, but deep down inside you're actually a really nice person."

"Tch."

Vain then push himself off her and sat up, laying his back against the tree. Freena also sat up and sat close enough to him that their shoulders touch.

"You're wrong, I'm not as nice as you think."

"Is it because you hurt people?"

"That and the way I lived my life before Luvia came. Without her... I'm sure I'd be living the life of a killer."

"Oh... I see, so that's why you love her so much."

"Yep."

"Um... if it's okay, can I hear about your past?"

"Why?"

"I want to get to know you more. So you can't say that I don't really love you."

"Do what you want. Just know that the world I came from was a lot worst from your's and Void's."


© 2017 Michael Yang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on May 22, 2017
Last Updated on May 22, 2017

GodsMight


Author

Michael Yang
Michael Yang

Fresno, CA



About
Hobbies are playing games, writing, and reading. All my friends call me lazy due to the fact I rarely do anything besides sleep unless something piques my interests. more..

Writing