Chapter 19

Chapter 19

A Chapter by Michael Yang

After several days of travelling, Vain and his group approach a town with tall walls surrounding it. A line of people extends from the gate, with ten guards at the entrance, so they stop under some trees. Lumia had finish explaining everything on the journey, so she said her goodbyes, and left. The kingdom they're at sent out an army to attack them and Void easily dealt with them. But it was all a ruse caused by both of their corrupt councils, they would both get rid of the rulers by having them fight each other, and whoever managed to live would be dealt with personally. Void having finished the enemies easily saved his kingdom, but doomed the other. He tried to find ways to fix it, which proved to be more difficult then he thought. The corrupt councilmen had influence the people to the point of rebellion. Blaming whatever they could on the royal family and so Void's hands were full with trying to calm them down. Trying his best to protect both Yuni and Lumia from the hatred.

Vain climbed off of Heo, stood on the ground, and said, "You guys stay here and if trouble comes remember to call Zec. I'll be going in alone."

(Luvia) "Okay, stay safe for me darling."

(Cecily) "Be careful papa."

(Freena) "Take care of yourself, Vain."

Vain gave a big grin and said, "You guys worry too much. I'll be done before you know it."

He ran away from them and straight towards the wall, before running straight up it. Then leaping off from the top of the wall, towards the buildings below, and landing on a roof. Leaping from one roof to another, making his way towards the sound of yelling people. Soon he reach the center of the town and saw a blonde hair woman walking through the crowd. Chains attach to the shackles bound to her hands, feet, and neck. As a man lead her through the crowd, who threw rocks and some rotten fruits at her, dirtying her clothes, until someone threw a rock at her head really hard. Making her fall onto her knees, as blood drips down her head. The man leading her saw that she wasn't moving, so he whipped her, making loud snaps in the air, and giving her more injuries.

Vain was starting to get angry and jumped down from the roof into an alley, before running out, and shielding her. The whip struck his back, hard, as silenced filled the air. The man looked to an older man, standing on a wooden stage, and he nods his head. So he starts whipping Vain's back over and over, making him more agitated. The townspeople even started throwing stuff at him, but he continues to shield her.

Vain then saw her shed a tear and reaching his boiling point, said, "RAY EQUIP!"

A black magic circle appear above Vain's head and a black and gold sword, one feet tall and a sheath one feet wide, drop down from it. It was attach to the wrist of an arm and it attach itself onto his left shoulder. As pieces of metal followed it out of the portal and clings onto Vain's body. When the whip was aimed at him again, he caught it in his left hand, pulled, and punched the man in the stomach. Before slamming him into the ground and causing it to shatter beneath him. Vain removed his coat and wrapped it around the woman. Revealing that he is wearing a black and gold armor, with dragon wings, dragon helm, dragon claws on the feet, and a tail.

Grabbing onto the sword attach to his wrist, he drew it out of its sheath, and the outer edges of the sheath split apart. Before folding all the way back, stretching a gold light, and connecting back together below the sheath. Forming a shield and a beam of gold light shot out of the double edge sword, making it grow to four feet in length. Then drawing his engine blade out with his left hand and holding it in a reverse grip.

Stabbing his sword into the ground and cranking it three times, before doing a slicing uppercut and pulling the lever. Firing a flame sword wave towards the older man, once it struck him it turn into a pillar of fire, and burned him to ashes. A rock was then thrown towards the woman and Vain swatted it back with his shield. Striking a man's head, clean off, and killing him. Which freaked out the people and they all ran away, in a panic. Soon they were surrounded by knights and Vain fought them off. One of them manage to grab her chains and tried to pulled her towards them. So Vain dragged his engine blade across the ground, turning the handle three times, and sliced the chains clean off with a heated blade.

Before turning around and firing a flaming sword wave, at the knights closing in behind him. The wave hit the front line of the enemies, then disperse outward, growing in size, and burning the rest behind them. Seeing no end to them, Vain sheathed his engine blade, picked the woman up, and flew away. Arrows were fired towards them, but the flapping of his wings created powerful gusts, which blew the arrows away. Soon he made it pass the walls, landing back down in front of the group, and setting the woman down on Heo's back.

"Thanks Ray, you can go back now."

The armor and weapon return through their magic portal and Vain released his devouring arm. Grabbing his engine blade and infusing it with the dark energy. Slowly making his way back towards the walls entrance.

"Close your eyes Luvia. It'll be over in a second."

"O-Okay...."

Luvia closed her eyes, while sending a warning to everyone lined at the entrance. They looked around to see where the voice came from, even though it was transmitted telepathically. They soon spot Vain walking towards them and did as the voice said, running away in every direction. The knights coming out of the town, on horseback, now had a clear path towards Vain and came towards him at high speed. Soon Vain stop walking and stood in place, so one of the commanding knights stop his squad. But the others continue their charge, passing the gate entrance, and when within range fired magic at him. Vain stood still and their attacks connected on him, but had no effect as they were absorb into him. Figuring magic won't work on him, they proceed towards him at full speed, and Vain prepared to swing. 

"I'll cut you in two!"

Cutting through the air and sending a massive dark sword wave towards his enemies. He then sheath his weapon, as the dark wave cleave through the group, cutting them in half, and devouring them all. 

Before returning to Vain and absorbing into his body, as he says, "Let's go Heo."

They made their way to the gate of the wall and were blocked by the remaining knights. Vain was more then ready to fight them, but held himself back and decided to let Luvia talk to them. So she climb off Heo, leaving Cecily still on the horse, as she stands in front of the commander, and bows. They begin talking, so Vain laid his back against Heo and waited. The longer they talk, the angrier the commander got, so Luvia said her farewells, and turn to leave. The commander reach his hand out, to stop her, and Vain instantly appear between them. Gripping the commander's wrist, before kicking him in the chest, and sending him flying slightly back toward his troops, who caught him. Luvia climb backed onto Heo and they walked away.

Once the town was no longer visible, Vain stop, and said, "Zec, War, and Ray come and when you come Ray, be human size. Being gigantic will be annoying."

Three magic portals appear in front of Vain, two black and one blue. Everyone stepped out of their portal, the blue and white mech knight Zec, black and gold mech dragon Ray, and the pure black mech wraith War. Zec, Heo, and Ray were trusted to guard the group. While Vain do the last part of his job, with War. So War attach onto Vain's body, but he was design differently then the others. Therefore he didn't become a full body suit and only covered Vain's waist up. Armed with a left hand that has a crossbow attached above the wrist, and a hidden blade below the wrist. As well as a scythe, spear, and sword attach to his back, going from his left shoulder to his right. Finally a cloak covers his armor, reaching down to his heels, with a hood covering his helmet, and many throwing daggers hidden underneath. The group left Vain behind and he hide under some trees, waiting for night.


© 2017 Michael Yang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on June 20, 2017
Last Updated on June 20, 2017

GodsMight


Author

Michael Yang
Michael Yang

Fresno, CA



About
Hobbies are playing games, writing, and reading. All my friends call me lazy due to the fact I rarely do anything besides sleep unless something piques my interests. more..

Writing