Chapter 46

Chapter 46

A Chapter by Michael Yang

Five days of nonstop traveling, Void, Luxia, and Veto soon reach a human town. The gray mechs standing on guard pointed their weapons at Void and Rexalfist. But when Void stepped out of the Rexalfist, they all lowered their weapons, and Void asked, "So do you guys have any jobs for us? We've been traveling for a long time and well we're low on funds." Their commander then asked, "Why would you be traveling when there is a war going on? Not to mention you even have a mech. They're mainly used for military purpose. So aren't you in the military already?" Void replied, "Nope, I'm not. You can check your records, but I assure you that you will not find a Void Faltorun. We actually came from a far away place, so you won't have records of us at all and I also made this guy myself." Void patted Rexalfist's body and the commander asked, "Wait, did you say Faltorun?" Void looked at him and said, "Yeah, why?" Soon they started talking to each other through their comms and after some time their commander asked Void, "Can you take off your mask?" Void then took off his mask and all the mechs kneel down and the commander said, "Lord Faltorun, we all thought you died in the battle a year ago. But it seems your wife was right about you being alive." Void then put his mask back on and said, "I'm sure you've mistaken me for someone else." He then said, "Huh? Are you sure? But your looks and glasses..." Void then asked him, "What was his name?" He replied, "It was Valayto. But just to be sure shouldn't we do a DNA test? Because what if you're suffering amnesia and forgot who you were?"

Void then said, "Alright, if it will make you feel better then feel free to do the tests." So Void, Veto, and Luxia were brought into the base. Void took off his coat and gauntlets setting them down on a table and they took some saliva and blood. After a few hours, they got the results and a man wearing a green uniform said, "The DNA matches. Valayto it really is you." Soon everybody in the base started hugging him and Luxia and Veto laughed at the scene. Soon the man turns his attention to Veto and Luxia and thanked them for taking care of him. Luxia then said, "It's ok don't worry about it. It was fun traveling with him, isn't that right Va-lay-to?" Void then said, "Ah... yes it was. Anyway, these two are Luxia and Veto Faltorun." The commander was surprised and said, "Are you guys part of the Faltorun family?" They both smile and Veto replied, "Yep, but it's a long story." So as Luxia told them a story, Void was rewriting Veto's DNA with magic so that they don't match and once they were done, the military helped Veto and Luvia get register into the systems and enlisted them into their ranks. Once that was all finished, Void asked for directions to the capital, and the commander said, "Oh, of course. It will also be good if you took a break for a while and show your friends around. Hopefully, you'll get your memory back." Void then nodded his head and Luxia asked, "Are you sure that's fine? Don't you want us to help?" He laughed and said, "If we need you we'll call you." Luxia then said, "Good point."

So all three of them left towards the capital and when they arrived the mechs on duty let them in and two soldiers, one man and one woman, guided them to the base. They had reserved a spot in the hanger for Rexalfist and so Void set him in his place before joining the others inside Lem. Luxia then drove away and listen to the woman's direction and soon they arrived at a mansion with a gate surrounding it. They all got out of the humvee and the woman pushed a button, sounding the doorbell. Soon an old man, in a butler attire, came out and he quickly ran to the gate when he saw Void. He opened it and said, "Welcome back, lord Faltorun. It has been three years since you came home. Hopefully, you can cheer lady Elaine up. After we received the news that you died, she was depressed for three weeks but managed to pull herself out of it in order to raise the young lady. But now the young lady has been missing for several days and I dread that lady Elaine is at her limit. Please help her, lord Faltorun." Void walked up to the mansion doors and opened it. A line of twenty-one maids and twenty butlers stretched down the hall and they all said, "Welcome back, lord Faltorun." The head maid and head butler walked down the hall and Void and the group followed them. The head maid knocked on the door and said, "My lady it's Verlain and Trevor. You have some guests." There was no answer and they stepped aside as Void walked up to the door and said, "Pardon the intrusion."

Void opened the door and stepped into the room. A beautiful woman with silky black hair and a white night gown on was sitting in bed and looking out the window. Void then took off his mask and set it down on a table as he walks over to the bed. Elaine turned to face Void and the minute she saw his face, she got off the bed, ran towards him, and hugs Void with all of her strength. Void could feel her tears streaming down her face and onto his shirt. So he hugged her back and said, "Everything will be alright. Leave everything to me and get some good rest." From those words alone, she closed her eyes and fell asleep. Void carried her back to the bed and, after tucking her comfortably into bed, he looked at Trevor and Verlain and said, "I have a lot of things to ask. Did I have a personal office or something like that?" Trevor said, "Of course, it's this way." Everybody followed him and they entered a room with bookshelves behind a desk, a table in the center with two sofas placed on opposite ends, and pictures hung on the walls. Void sat down behind his desk and everybody sat in the room as Trevor and Verlain answer his questions. Void learned that Valayto was a nobleman, he had joined the military to help his country, and during one of his missions, he saved Elaine from three mechs that were chasing her. He brought her back home and despite his parent's strong disapproval he still married her. They then had a beautiful daughter name Mellerain and they raised to be a gentle lady. But then he was again sent on another dangerous mission into the mountains with a giant chasm that divided it in half. They were soon ambushed and Valayto was said to have been shot. Both his mech and him fell into the chasm as it exploded.

Soon two maids brought refreshments for everyone and Trevor and Verlain kept talking about various things. They talked about what Valayto achieved when he was young, his parents, some memories, and about what happened in three years. They even talked about how hard Elaine had worked to raised Mellerain alone and to pay for everyone's salary, as well as bills. She was working several jobs and got sick several times. So everybody decided to take several jobs to help Elaine and because everyone was so busy Mellerain got kidnapped. They search a lot of places for her, but they didn't find a trace of her. Two weeks passed by with no luck and Elaine had lost all her energy and will to live. Everybody did their best to support her, but they weren't able to do anything to cheer her up. That was when they got a call saying Valayto Faltorun was alive and with that, they had finished talking. So Void asked, "What was Mellerain wearing?" Trevor replied, "Well her pink dress with white frills is missing from her closet. So I'm sure that was what she was wearing." Void then said, "I see, then I can assure you she is safe." Verlain then asked, "Are you sure, lord Faltorun?" Void chuckle and said, "Yes, I am sure. Fate is an odd thing. My companions and I happened to come across her as we were traveling. Three of our companions are now watching her as we speak, so there's no need to worry."

They both breathed out a sigh of relief and soon they started to asked Void some questions. So Void made up a story and told them that after his mech exploded, he was unconscious inside the mech for five hours. Once he woked up, his head hurt, and he stumbled his way through the chasm until a blue and white mech flew down and picked him up. Vain and Luvia both took care of him but he had amnesia so they gave him the name Void. Their three children Ruby, Flayna, and Nezerand are cheerful and energetic. They always played with him and Vain was strict and rough, but deep inside he's caring. While Luvia was always caring and joyful and loved taking care of people. Soon he had fully recovered, so they decided to leave their home and bring him back home. Vain had built a mech for him so that traveling will be easier and as they were traveling they met Luxia and Veto and they soon joined them. After making up some events and telling them about the blizzard he quickly finished his story. Verlain then yawned and Void said, "It seems our chat lasted longer then we expected. How about we all call it night and get some sleep. Trevor prepare a room for Luxia and Veto." Trevor said, "As you wish my lord." Trevor guided them out of his office and led them down the hall.

Void was about to leave the room when he heard the sounds of running footsteps and Elaine came into the room, with maids running behind her. Void smiled at her and asked, "Is something wrong my dear?" Elaine smiled and tried to walk over to Void when she slipped. Void quickly ran to her and she fell on top of him. Void then said, "If you're not feeling well you should rest. It would be bad if you got hurt or worst." Elaine then said, "I'm sorry, I just wanted to see you so much. Because if I went to sleep and it turns out you were a dream... I don't know if I could live." Void carried her in a princess carry, kissing her cheek, and said, "I can assure you it's not a dream and I'm not going anywhere." Elaine then said, "You promise?" Void started walking back to their room and said, "I promise with all of my heart." Void then set her on the bed, while he sat on the edge, and said, "Sleep well, my love." She smiled and kiss Void as she slowly sinks into slumber. Once she was fully asleep, Void walked over to the window, looking up at the night sky and moon, and said, "I'm sorry Valayto. Please allow me to be you for a while. At least until I can give her, your daughter, and the world the peace it deserves. Once I do then I'll let them mourn you with all their heart. Until then... you're free to hate me as much as you want. It's the least I deserve for what I am doing." Void then took off his coat, boots, and gauntlets setting them on the table beside his mask. As he climbs into bed with Elaine and hugs her, keeping her safe and warm in his arms.


© 2017 Michael Yang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on August 13, 2017
Last Updated on August 13, 2017

GodsMight


Author

Michael Yang
Michael Yang

Fresno, CA



About
Hobbies are playing games, writing, and reading. All my friends call me lazy due to the fact I rarely do anything besides sleep unless something piques my interests. more..

Writing