Chapter 23

Chapter 23

A Chapter by Michael Yang

Two years later, Vain was waking up from his sleep. Looking out of the window, the sun was barely rising, so Vain got out of bed, making sure not to wake anybody, and left the room. But before he could close the door, Freena stopped it, and smiled at him. They exchange greetings, as Vain closed the door, and waited for her to get ready. Once she was ready, she opened the door, and they both left to the training grounds. Vain and Freena both started doing practice swings, once the sun was in full view, they stopped, and started to make their way back to the room.

Luvia slowly woke up and was about to get out of bed. When she was force back down, By Relean grabbing her wrist, and dragging her back onto the bed. Before pressing her body against Luvia's and pinning her down. She was soon lost in her thoughts remembering the conversation she had two months ago.

"Yuni!"

Yuni turned around and saw Relean running towards her. So she stopped and waited for her.

"Is something wrong?"

"Well... um... i-is it strange to love someone of the same gender? No wait, how does it feel? N-No wait, is it bad to fall in love with someone like that?"

"Calm down, calm down, take a deep breath and relax."

So Relean took a few deep breaths and relaxed herself, as Yuni instructed.

"So... what did you want to ask me?"

"Well, if it's wrong for me to love someone who's also a woman?"

Yuni giggle and said, "I see, well I'm definitely not helpful when it comes to that. Since I had the same troubles, but I do know someone who can help."

Soon they were in Void's room, they greeted each other, and Void had them sit down. Tasha brought them tea, as Relean told her dilemma to Void, and he listen intently, while also working.

"I see, so you're wondering if it's wrong to love someone of the same gender?"

"Yes."

"That's for you to decide but... seeing how you came to me like Yuni did, I take it my opinion would be much appreciated."

They both nodded their head and so Void continue, "I'll tell you the same thing I told Yuni. I find that it's okay, love is love. What right do I, or anyone, have to stop it? Or are you worried about the people that want to trample on your happiness? You'll be right, not everyone will agree on this matter. There's no doubt that people, who believe love is only for a man and a woman, exists. They'll even use the gods you worship against you."

Relean stared into her cup and started to feel gloomy.

"But if that's the so call gods you worship, then I'm glad I don't care about them. Because a real god cares nothing about who you're with, but your happiness in general. Though I say that, I'm pretty sure CT only cares about his enjoyment." 

They both looked at Void in confusion and he shook his head while saying, "Sorry, I got a little sidetracked. Anyway... who you love is nothing but a minor detail. Also for the people who uses someone else to back them up, that's pathetic. Needing someone else's help or name to win their dumb little fight. So don't mind them and go where you're heart wants to go."

Relean soon snap back into reality, as Luvia's hand touches her forehead.

"Hm... no fever."

"I-I'm not sick. W-well maybe a little..."

Luvia tilted her head and Relean continue, "I'm a little sick with love."

Luvia giggled a little and asked, "Is it with Vain?"

"No... it is with you. I fell in love with you Luvia. You show me so much kindness, you supported me when I was at my worst, just like your husband did for you. I know it's wrong for me to love you but... I can't help it. You're already married to Vain and you're also a woman. I feel like the gods are torturing me."

Before she could burst into tears, Luvia wrapped her arms around her neck and hugged her. They embrace each other, until Relean was able to calm down.

"They're not, if they really didn't want this to happen. Then we wouldn't have been born with free will. It would've been better if we were just their mindless puppets. For them to control how they wished, but we're not. We are alive and meant to live like it. We're meant to feel emotions, we're free to hate who and what we want, at the same time we're free to love everyone. So if you want to love me then I'll accept it, as long as you're fine with someone like me."

She blushes and smiles at Relean and Relean, in a state of surprise and joy, brought her lips closer to Luvia's. But then the door to the room was opened, turning their attention towards it, and Vain was staring at what was happening. Relean started to panic a little and spoke to him.

"I-I can explain Mr.Vain."

Vain clench his hands and ran over to the bed while saying, "Zec get me my camera. I need to forever capture this moment."

Zec's magic portal appear in front of Vain and Zec flew out of it towards Vain. Instead of giving him a camera, Zec grab hold of Vain's collar, and dragged him out of the room.

On his way out, he said, "Ladies, I'll drag this idiot away, so you can have a wonderful, private, morning. Now excuse me."

While Vain was getting dragged away, he shouted, "You traitor! My paradise, my fantasies, my dreams... all crushed. You stupid dream killer!"

His shouting woke up Cecily and so Freena politely ask her to join them. So Cecily left the room and followed after Zec and Vain, as Freena closes the door. Leaving the two alone and in peace.

They look back to each other and Relean asked, "Is it alright if I continue?"

"Yes."

Upon hearing Luvia's confirmation, she again brings her lips towards her, the door was once again opened, and this time it was Lumia.

"Oh, my bad. Sorry for disturbing, I was looking for Vain."

"They should be in the dining room."

"Thank you, forget that I ever came."

At Luvia's response, Lumia closed the door, and rushed away. Leaving the two once again in peace.

"Think we'll get another intrusion?"

Luvia giggled at Relean's question and replied, "I don't think we will."

So Relean brought her lips close to Luvia's once more and this time there was no intrusions, as they shared a tender sweet kiss.

While Vain and the others sat in their seats eating breakfast. Lumia soon barged into the room and sat next to Vain.

"What do you need?"

"Want to help me train the soldiers, while you're also doing requests? You'll earn a lot of money really quickly if you do."

"I won't care, our enemy is taking way too long and I'm getting impatient. This will at least distract me for a while."

"Yay, thank you. Now I'll have more time with Yuni and we'll be able to help more people."

Lumia left the room in a hurry and Vain stood up from his seat.

"Freena take care of Cecily."

"Where are you going?"

"Training."

"Can I come as well?"

"Then who will watch over Cecily?"

Cecily got down from her chair and said, "Would it be okay if I watch papa fight? I really want to see papa be really amazing."

Vain smirk at her words and said, "Sure thing kiddo, let me show you how cool papa is."

She smiled brightly and said, "Yay."

So they all left the room and a man's voice said, "Just as I thought. They haven't really push their abilities to the limits. Void did, but it was only once and during our fight only. At this rate I'll get really bored. Guess it's time to show myself, so entertain me, and show me how far you'll go, Vain."

The man stood up from his seat, he was wearing a black shirt with gold trims and a red rose on his back, and white pants with blue trims, with chains hanging down his sides. As well as blue and white shoes, a red cloak, black gloves with a gold ring etch into the back of the hands, and a white full face mask. The bangs of his white hair covering his left eye, as he suddenly disappears from sight.


© 2017 Michael Yang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on July 12, 2017
Last Updated on July 12, 2017

GodsMight


Author

Michael Yang
Michael Yang

Fresno, CA



About
Hobbies are playing games, writing, and reading. All my friends call me lazy due to the fact I rarely do anything besides sleep unless something piques my interests. more..

Writing