Chapter 3: Reunion? part 2

Chapter 3: Reunion? part 2

A Chapter by Michael Yang

"Nice to see you again Vain, Luvia. How have you two been?"

"The same as always."

"I see. Well that aside I see that Freena is in your group."

"Surprised you know Freena, when she knows nothing about you."

Freena lifted the edges of her dress and elegantly bowed at Void. Void had a happy smile on his face as he places the document he was reading down.

"Well I do know Freena's parents. I met them quite a long time ago, but of course Freena was still young at the time. So she wouldn't remember me. As for why her parents didn't say much about me, I guess they just forgot."

"I see, well Freena didn't you have something to ask him."

"Oh, uh yes. I know you're very busy your highness, but everyone in the dragon kingdom has been acting weird, like they were possess by  something. So my father sent me here to keep me away from harm, but if it's possible would you please help him."

Tears fall down her cheeks as she starts to worry deeply about her family. Void got out of his seat, walked up to her, and stroke her head. He then hug her and wipes her tears away.

"Of course, anything for an old friend and his family. So don't cry, I promise your family will be alright."

"O-Okay, thank you very much."

"Then I'll set out at once, Tasha! Make sure to assists the princess and my sister with the work while I'm gone."

The brown hair maid bowed her head and replied, "Yes, as you wish Master Void."

"And Vain make sure to keep everyone safe and try not to cause too much trouble. Also keep the damage to a minimum, some self restraint will do you good."

"Tch, like I need to hear that from you. I'll make sure to clean up the trash that comes along."

Void then vanish from their sight and reappear inside a hall. Inside the room with him was a dark cloaked person, sitting on a throne. He was surprise at Void's sudden appearance as he had stood up immediately.

"Looks like they failed to kill the run away."

"It's a good thing too. Had they done it, you'd be dead right now. Now will you be a problem or can we settle this peacefully?"

"Unfortunately I can't leave right now. But if you'd help me then I'd be happy to leave."

"I take it you're looking for something."

"Yes, you're pretty observant."

"Well thanks, one has to be if one runs a country."

"So you'll help me?"

"Afraid I can't. You see... my old friend wouldn't like it if something important was missing from the treasury. Not to mention you did tried to kill his daughter. So you either leave empty handed or fight me, pick."

"Guess I have no choice, I can't leave unless I have the item I came looking for."

The dark cloaked person fired several ice spears at Void. Void raised one finger and poked each one, causing them to vanish like they were never there. There was no ice shards, water, or vapor as if the ice spears were illusions. Void slowly walk closer to the person and they shot lightning towards him. Only for it to again vanish without a trace when Void poked it with his finger. They frantically fired magic after magic as Void continues his approach towards them.

Some knights with dragon wings rush out towards Void trying to stop his advance. But they were the ones who stopped, as magic circles form behind each of them, and chains shot out restraining them. Void was now standing in front of the cloaked person, but before he could touch them someone rushed at him from above. Void raised his right hand and caught a light blue jagged trident. He easily held it in his hands which surprise the cloaked person more. Void look at the person who was holding the trident and was trying to force it into him.

"It's been a while old friend. Well we can catch up, after I've settle one tiny business."

He continues to hold the weapon as he strikes his free hand into the cloaked person, piercing through the chests, and killing them. Everyone then snap out of their trance and started to look at the surroundings. Void pulled his hand out of the dead person and let them fall onto the ground with a thud. Once they did their body melted into a pool of black liquid and vaporized. Void let go of the trident and his friend fell onto the ground face first.

"I see that you haven't changed much, Fracto."

"Same with you."

Fracto stood up and dusts off his dark red and black clothes and coat. His coat had fur sewn on the edges and on the inside. His hair and eyes a bright red color as if they were burning.

"I take it my daughter sent you even though I didn't tell her to."

"Well you didn't tell her not to. Though she told quite a big crazy lie."

"Hahaha, is that so?."

"Quite so, she said you sent her to be my wife."

Fracto's facial expression changed as he heard that. He was depress and clearly wasn't going to hide it. Void release the others from his chains as he let his friend mope. After a few minutes he snap back into reality, grab Void by the shoulders, and shake him back and forth.

"Why, why did she say that? She should've known her sister was marry to you."

"I think I have a pretty good guess why."

"And that is?"

"She was probably mind controlled by the same person who was here. What I killed was obviously a fake. Also It's not hard to know that I have connections with all the kingdoms and that dragons are very strong. They probably thought a dragon would be strong enough to keep me busy. So that they can do what they wanted."

"Then shouldn't we head back right now?"

"Don't worry so much. Lumia is pretty strong she can handle it. All the guards in the castle can't match her. Not to mention, extra help just happen to arrive. If I were to join in it's like adding another overkill on the overkill already on overkill. Plus if we head back right now the culprits would run with their tails between their legs. My friend you should learn some acting if you wish to root out corruption."

Everybody in the room looked at Void with confused expressions at what he just said. While Void had a happy expression on his face making it seem that their worries were unnecessary.

Back in Elance, Lumia and Yuni were walking around town. They stop at a place to get something to eat before leaving with a box. Once they reach a church a group of kids ran out to meet them. They hug both Yuni and Lumia stopping them in their tracks. Two priests came out to meet them as well, a middle age man and woman. Lumia handed them the box, when they opened it, they saw a round cake inside, and gracefully thank them. With that done, Lumia and Yuni bid the children farewell as well as apologizing for not being able to play with them today. 

As for Vain and his group they left the castle after Void vanish and were looking around for an inn to stay at. As they continue to search Freena left saying that she had something to do. Vain found that odd and decided to follow after her. Leaving Zec in charge of fending off any unwanted guests, only when instructed to do so. Vain found an empty alleyway, checking to see if it was really empty, he then sick into the shadows, and followed after Freena.


© 2017 Michael Yang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on May 3, 2017
Last Updated on May 3, 2017

GodsMight


Author

Michael Yang
Michael Yang

Fresno, CA



About
Hobbies are playing games, writing, and reading. All my friends call me lazy due to the fact I rarely do anything besides sleep unless something piques my interests. more..

Writing