Letter One: Of the Best Friend

Letter One: Of the Best Friend

A Chapter by MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds
"

The first.

"

Letter #1: Jazmine


Dearest darling Jazzypants,

Well, hasn't this last year been quite the ride?  So much goes through my mind when I think of how we came to be friends, and later best friends.  I sincerely wish I could take every day we've spent together, good or bad, and watch them over and over again, just because I know we're together and if we are, life doesn't have to be so difficult.  I cannot thank you enough for all the help, love, and support you have given me over this past two years.


When I think of you, what comes to mind is music, Across the Universe, cooking, and late nights spent singing and talking.  My favorite night with you was our sleepover this summer, thinking about the future and the past, when I introduced you to A Very Potter Musical and when you showed me your beautiful, open heart.  We talked for hours about each other, our boyfriends (at the time), and what the future could possibly hold for us.  I intend to keep every promise we've made to stay as close as we are.


I want to thank you over and over for being my best friend, because the time at which you chose to be was one of the hardest times I've ever faced.  You've contributed to that small band of people that has quite honestly kept me alive when even I doubted the existence my own future.  You're the most beautiful person I have ever met, inside and out, and I am so glad that we did meet.  That afternoon spent in the bathroom my freshman year was unimpressive, but led to so much joy and the greatest blessing I could ever ask for.  You took me to prom this last year, and although it was hard for you deal with the recent break-up and hard for me to see you so vulnerable, I knew in that instant that we could fix each other, if we tried.


So this is my toast to you, Jazmine Alexis, and our future as best friends.  I thank you for every moment we've shared, all the tears we've shed and the laughter that made our stomachs hurt.  Every mailbox we've screamed at and every time we've serenaded each other just makes me that much happier to be your friend.  I never want to lose you and I hope we are able to grow closer soon.


Love always,

Your Mia



© 2011 MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was amazing. Is this a real letter you wrote to your friend? If not, you did a great job making it seem that way. Well done, I'll keep reading!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

395 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 7, 2011
Last Updated on January 10, 2011
Tags: friendship

Thirty Golden Envelopes


Author

MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds
MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds

Belmont, CA



About
College student here, hit me up if you need to talk or anything else. I have a sincere love for life. I can get crazy, I can go downhill in a hurry, but when it comes down to it, life is a truly b.. more..

Writing