Letter Twenty-Four: Of the Best Memory

Letter Twenty-Four: Of the Best Memory

A Chapter by MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds
"

To Kevin!

"

To a Mr. Kevin Robert,


Well, for every time we were fixin' to get some doin's from Jerry's, there's an awkward, hysterical, and/or tearful phone call I've made to you.  Though you and I have an a*s-load, s**t-load, and even the dreaded s**t-ton of memories, I can very obviously pick out my favorite: the night before you left for Manteca.  First, there was the movie, and the parking lot where I tackled you and broke your tongue, and the security guard was just laughing at us.  Then, during the actual movie, Steph and I kept asking you whether or not Unstoppable was actually accurate.  Then, the four of us, you, Steph, Jaz, and I, took the backroads to the outskirts of town.  And that night, in the middle of the street, we made our Wolf Pack Pact to always be friends, no matter the distance, and that this would be only the beginning, never the end.  If I remember right, all three of the girls were crying hard, but you held up your manly persona, for the time being at least.  I didn't want to go home that night, just spend all the time I could with you and Steph after Jaz left.


Everyday you're not in town when I need to hang out with you, I freak out a little bit.  Everybody needs to get their Kevanie from time to time, especially lonely little folks like me.  You're one of the greatest people on this Earth and I...I...I love you.  (Insert the awkward Freddie head-nod here.)


Sure, we didn't start off on the best foot.  You were best friends with the guy I had a fattie freshman crush on and therefore heard a lot of the crap he had to say about my annoying presence.  I was the borderline s****y freshman who was all over your buddy for months and months on end.  You still joked around on me, but on the inside, we all knew that everyone at that group (almost everyone anyway) hated me for it.


But we got close this last winter, after you left for school in Sacramento.  You invited me to your party, which I went to, and when you were away, we called each other.  It's funny how at first, our relationship was mainly based on talking crap about people (mainly Steph and Robby dating and then Steph and Arron).  Then there were the actual nights of talking deep talk, when you told me things I'd never guess about you under that hilarious face of yours and I admitted some of my darkest secrets to you.


To this day, we still talk on the phone often, when you're not home.  And then, when you are at home, we can take those long country road drives in Cheyenne, and maybe in the future, Tex Walker.  We share those beautiful inside jokes of ours, those million jokes that we have at any given occasion, about us, our friends, and everything we could imagine.  Honestly, we have too many memories to define as my favorite, but what I can do is label you as one of my favorite people.


I thank you so much for being there for me and being my best friend and my cousin.  You're the best guy I could ever ask for.  I love you!


MMHMM,

Mia



© 2011 MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
Added on January 19, 2011
Last Updated on January 19, 2011

Thirty Golden Envelopes


Author

MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds
MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds

Belmont, CA



About
College student here, hit me up if you need to talk or anything else. I have a sincere love for life. I can get crazy, I can go downhill in a hurry, but when it comes down to it, life is a truly b.. more..

Writing