Letter Six: Of a Stranger

Letter Six: Of a Stranger

A Chapter by MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds
"

To he who knows not my name yet.

"

Dear Stranger,


I always wonder if you get tired of hearing those "STRANGER DANGER, STRANGER DANGER" alerts from parents and teachers everywhere.  I mean, it's not as if you're always a pedophile, right?  In fact, the stranger I'm writing to probably isn't a pedophile, just another person, like I am to you.  When you're a kid, the rule of thumb is to never talk to strangers or take anything they give you.  But what if that stranger tells beautiful stories, or gives only hope and courage?  Isn't that something we should all claim, instead of prejudicing this new friend and shunning his or her every word?


I know it's difficult telling the difference between somebody who really cares and a total creeper.  Trust me, I understand.  But, stranger, it's not only sympathy I carry for you, for your unfortunate stereotype as the weirdie who stalks children all day in a white van luring them with candy in your bear suit.  I also come bearing advice, from one stranger to another.


I'm sure you have a story.  But sadly, I'm unable to hear it because of terrible one-sidedness of this letter.  I'd like you to know that I too have a story, and though it has seriously impacted my life, it probably doesn't look like I've experienced what I have experienced.  With the persona I put on, you wouldn't think I am the person that I truly am.  So what I'm saying is, don't assume all strangers are bad, or that they really are what they act to be.  They just might surprise you.  Give people a chance.


Love always,

Mia



© 2011 MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
Added on January 10, 2011
Last Updated on January 10, 2011

Thirty Golden Envelopes


Author

MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds
MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds

Belmont, CA



About
College student here, hit me up if you need to talk or anything else. I have a sincere love for life. I can get crazy, I can go downhill in a hurry, but when it comes down to it, life is a truly b.. more..

Writing