Letter Five: Of the Dreams

Letter Five: Of the Dreams

A Chapter by MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds
"

Those dandy little thoughts, hopes, feelings that flutter about my brain through REM waves.

"

To the Dreams that keep me going each and every day,


Ah, dreams.  Such a beautiful and terrible thing.  You give us all the most amazing wishes we could ever ask for and you give us the falsest aspirations we could imagine.  When you're beautiful, we call you a fantasy or a wish.  When you're ugly, you're a nightmare or a fear.  I've had a billion of you in my lifetime, whether or not I remember them all.  You've inspired me probably more than anything else in the world.  Dreams are really just silent feelings in the back of our heads, right?  Well, then, I'll apply a Regina Spektor song lyric here for sappiness and good measure: "It started out with a feeling, which then grew into a hope, which then turned into a quiet thought which then turned into a quiet word.  And then that word grew louder and louder, until it was a battle cry.  I'll come back when you call me, no need to say goodbye."


If you'll forgive my silent fangirl-dom of Chronicles of Narnia, you'll see the message in there.  I mean, seriously.  You give me so many ideas while convincing me I'll soon be married to Dougie Poynter, George Harrison, or Skandar Keynes.  Though two of those three are unlikely (one being impossible), they still give me hope for my future, with whatever man with which I'm destined to be, whatever dreams I've accomplished and the ones that I have had yet to fill.  So, dreams, you are my future, whether or not it's fleshed out completely as you detail it.


Thanks for all the good times and screw you for all the bad.


Love always,

Mia



© 2011 MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the ending! You're such a good writer hun :) And kudos on the Narnia reference. You totally got dreams and nightmares down to a T.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
1 Review
Added on January 10, 2011
Last Updated on January 10, 2011

Thirty Golden Envelopes


Author

MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds
MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds

Belmont, CA



About
College student here, hit me up if you need to talk or anything else. I have a sincere love for life. I can get crazy, I can go downhill in a hurry, but when it comes down to it, life is a truly b.. more..

Writing