Letter Four: Of the Brother

Letter Four: Of the Brother

A Chapter by MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds
"

For my little brother Alex.

"

Dear Alex,


Well, buddy, it's been a long nine years and ten months.  I can barely believe you're about to turn ten!  I distinctly remember asking Mama, Daddy, and Santa for a little brother when I was five years old for Christmas.  Then, on my sixth birthday, my first Hollister birthday, Mama told me she was going to have a baby.  I was so excited, and every night I prayed Mama would safely have a good little baby brother for me to play with.


On March 8, 2001, at about four or five in the morning, Daddy and Auntie Cathy woke me up because Mama's baby was coming.  Mama and Daddy went to the hospital in Gilroy, and Auntie Cathy took me with her to Uncle Nixie's old house.  My last meal as an only child was a sausage biscuit, hash browns, and orange juice from McDonald's.  Then, closer to the time I should have been going to school, Auntie Cathy took me to the hospital.  We got to the hospital room pretty quickly, if I remember correctly.


There you were, so small and fragile-looking, my baby brother.  I held you third, according to Daddy, and before Daddy (also according to Daddy).  After Auntie Cathy, I remember that much.  That and the fact that I was probably the happiest little girl on the planet.  My little brother, my little angel, you were there at last.  I could almost feel love coursing into my heart with blood.  "Alex Christopher," named for the main character Alex from the movie Alley Cats and your godfather, our tool Uncle Chris.


I know we don't always get along perfectly.  I know sometimes I let you down and sometimes you annoy the heck out of me.  But I honestly have absolutely no idea where on Earth I would be without my baby brother.  Sure, you ask too many questions, sure, you backseat drive, even though you're still about six years away from your license.  But no matter what I say or what I do, I love you and I'd give anything for you.


Your sister, Mia



© 2011 MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on January 10, 2011
Last Updated on January 10, 2011

Thirty Golden Envelopes


Author

MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds
MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds

Belmont, CA



About
College student here, hit me up if you need to talk or anything else. I have a sincere love for life. I can get crazy, I can go downhill in a hurry, but when it comes down to it, life is a truly b.. more..

Writing