Letter Sixteen: Of She Who Dwells in Another State

Letter Sixteen: Of She Who Dwells in Another State

A Chapter by MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds
"

Natalie.

"

Dear Natalie,


So...how's Arizona?  Well...it feels like it's been damn near forever.  I really hope you're happy now, I really do.  That's one thing that I think everyone deserves and it seems to me like you haven't gotten enough real happiness in your lifetime.  Maybe you think you're happy, but moments after that good feeling is gone, you must realize that what you're feeling is the high high as opposed to the low low.  Again, I'm not here to lecture, but to explain, so let me explain my letter to you.


I miss you tons.  That's for sure.  But at the same time, I'm doing perfectly fine without you.  My three best friends now are three people you sincerely disliked back when you were here.  It's strange.  They really only started liking me after you left, and after I got done with your stupid, ignorant, sex-addicted hypocrite ex-boyfriend.  Or, I'm sorry, our stupid, ignorant, sex-addicted hypocrite ex-boyfriend.  Yes, that's right.  I too dated Robby, and I too will probably always have a tiny, estranged part of my heart that will always love him, but the difference between you and me is that I think I actually loved him.  I gave too much for him, and that was my downfall.


You have every right to bask in the glow of this victory, huh?  But Natalie, really, why is it so important to get pregnant then lose the baby once every three months?  I used to pretend to myself that you just had this wacky uterus, but it's become obvious to me that you're BSing this all.  And yes, I understand why you would want attention, but still, that's not the kind of attention you need.  A lady needs to be treated with dignified attention, cared for, not belittled to an object that one must constantly fear over.  I felt so bad for you, but there wasn't enough that I could do for you.


I thank you for being my first high school best friend and I thank you for introducing me to so many beautiful people and learning experiences.  If I hadn't met you, I'd have never met Robby.  If I hadn't met Robby I wouldn't have liked him.  If I hadn't liked him, I wouldn't have been rejected by him.  If I hadn't been rejected, I wouldn't learn how to act around guys.  And if I hadn't dated him and been hurt by him, I wouldn't have standards.  So I suppose it's you I have to thank for that, as you brought me into all of this.


And I sincerely am sorry I can no longer help you.  I wish there was more I could do, sweetie, but I don't know what else I can.  This is a lame ending, but I just can't write any more on the subject.  I'm sorry is all I can say.


Always,

Mia



© 2011 MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on January 11, 2011
Last Updated on January 11, 2011

Thirty Golden Envelopes


Author

MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds
MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds

Belmont, CA



About
College student here, hit me up if you need to talk or anything else. I have a sincere love for life. I can get crazy, I can go downhill in a hurry, but when it comes down to it, life is a truly b.. more..

Writing