Letter Nine: Of He Whom I'd Like to Meet

Letter Nine: Of He Whom I'd Like to Meet

A Chapter by MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds
"

Paul McCartney

"

Dear King Paul,


Yes, I know you like being called that from watching Ellen DeGeneres.  Well, King Sir Mister James Paul McCartney, I've chosen you to be the person I really wish to meet.  For one, you're an excellent songwriter, and I would most likely pray for a song to be written about me.  Secondly, I'm madly in love with the Beatles, and though you''re not still together (because of our difficult loss of the beautiful John and George, bless their souls), the four of you live on in our hearts, and by our, I mean the bajillion fans across the vast wasteland called Earth.


Because I feel oddly inarticulate at the time of writing this, I suppose I can interject random facts I think you ought to know: my mother has an enormous crush on you, my favorite Paul-written song at the moment is Fixing a Hole, I'd marry George if I were in his age range and he were still around, and I think you'd be terribly fun to have a party with.  But this time, please Paul, let's not light any condoms on fire.  Those are meant for other use, not for fire.  You should know that much, wink wink.


Anyhow, to try and redeem my writer's qualities, I will insert inspirational words here: Paul, many of your songs have saved my life.  I'm not lying, so many things that you have sung to me or written to me have had the power to keep me from the deepest, darkest places within my own mind.  Yesterday, for example, reminds me that I'm not alone when I wish that I was in the past, a simpler time.      Live and Let Die helps me to say "Screw them, they don't matter" and believe it, because I can't help being nice, it's a habit.  I help people, even when they do everything in their power to hurt me.  Yes, I know I'm weird.  And I know what you're thinking: "This is the kind of lunatic that still listens to my music?!"  Well...yes!


But I can tell you that a bunch of cooler people also listen to your music.  My mom, Alex, Kevin, Steph sometimes, and Jaz.  So don't lose hope, you still have some cool people listening to your music.  You still have cool people out there that love you.


Thanks for everything, King Paul, and I truly mean that.  I hope that you do as you have, making the best of an excellent life, which you've already done.  Keep it up, Sir, and thank you again for all the help you've unintentionally given me.


Your fan,

Mia



© 2011 MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on January 10, 2011
Last Updated on January 10, 2011

Thirty Golden Envelopes


Author

MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds
MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds

Belmont, CA



About
College student here, hit me up if you need to talk or anything else. I have a sincere love for life. I can get crazy, I can go downhill in a hurry, but when it comes down to it, life is a truly b.. more..

Writing