Letter Three: Of the Origin

Letter Three: Of the Origin

A Chapter by MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds
"

To my parents, Mama and Daddy

"

Dear Mama and Daddy,


It's been a long, strange, eventful sixteen years, hasn't it?  You've seen me through more tough situations, joyful celebrations, tears and laughter, softball, volleyball, and basketball games than anybody else in the world.  Thank you so much for tolerating a weirdo like me for a daughter and loving me in the rich way I hope to one day love my children.  A lot of times I wonder what life would be like with different parents, but I am definitely glad I never had to experience that.  Now I can't even imagine a life without the two of you.


I know that I've made life pretty difficult, and on the flipside, we've had our really good experiences.  Daddy and I have always shared softball, and Mama and I have always had our girl-time.  Daddy, we got closer when I learned how to take a joke, and when you were willing to tolerate the Daddy's Little Girl persona.  Mama, you've always been the nurturing type, and I thank you for all the times you've held me when I cried.


If I had to pick a song to describe each of you, I'd choose "Julia" by the Beatles for you, Mama, and "Hallelujah" in the Rufus Wainwright version for you, Daddy.  I'm so glad I have both of you, and while some parts of me can't wait to grow up, many other parts are begging to go back, to a time so much simpler than this.


Sometimes I hear you talking about when you die and what's going to happen in your funerals, and it takes everything I have not to cry.  I can't imagine a life without the two of you in it, and while I may get frustrated with your expectations or restrictions, I love you so much more than you probably think.  Thank you for always being there for me and supporting me through everything.  I truly do love you, and thank you.


Your daughter,

Mia



© 2011 MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

So sweet :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
1 Review
Added on January 9, 2011
Last Updated on January 9, 2011
Tags: family

Thirty Golden Envelopes


Author

MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds
MiaIntheSkywithDiamonds

Belmont, CA



About
College student here, hit me up if you need to talk or anything else. I have a sincere love for life. I can get crazy, I can go downhill in a hurry, but when it comes down to it, life is a truly b.. more..

Writing