Unexpected Chapter 6

Unexpected Chapter 6

A Chapter by Julie Beth
"

Beginning of month 2

"

  "How many weeks?" Carson asked in a hushed voice.

  "Five or six." I breathed as Carson sighed. He slowly sat down on the edge of the bed. His hands cover his face and I heard him sigh again. Then he lifted his face and looked me in the eyes and asked,

  "Why now?"

  "W-w-what do you mean, w-w-why now?" I stuttered as Carson got up and started pacing.

  "Why are you telling me this now? Why not five or six weeks ago when you found out?" Carson yelled. As soon as Carson yelled I started sobbing. I knew this would happen He would yell, then he would leave me. I wish he would just leave me now instead of yelling at me first.

"I was scared Carson." I sobbed as tears came down my face. "Then Hannah got hurt and I didn't know what to do." I took a deep breath to try to calm down, but it didn't help. 

      Carson stopped pacing and looked at me. the expression on his face slowly changed from aggravated to worried. Carson came over and sat next to me on the bed.He brushed the hair out of my face and wiped the tears off my cheeks, with his thumb. Then Carson took my hand, looked me in the eyes, and said softly,

  "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Maddy. I didn't mean to yell at you. I'm not angry or annoyed with you. I love you Maddy. I'm so sorry." Then he wrapped his arms around my waist and gently pushed me so we were lying down on my bed together. I put my head on his chest,my face looking at his, as he rubbed my back untill I stopped crying. Then he asked me calmly,

  "What were you so afraid of that you couldn't tell me?"

  "I was afraid of how you would react. I thought..." I drifted off

 "You thought what?"

 "I thought that you were going to leave." I whispered

   Carson looked at me there were so many emotions on his face. Carefully, he lifted my head off his chest and pulled me close to him. Our faces were inches apart, he leaned into my face and kissed me.

         After a few seconds, Carson pulled away. He looked me straight in the eyes and said,

    "A month ago you slept over my condo. You and I were sitting on the couch, when you asked me to promise you something. You asked me to promise you that if things get bad then I will stay with you but only because I want to. I looked you straight in the eyes and told you, and I quote, 'I promise that if things get bad, which they won't, I will stay with you. Not because I feel bad for you, or if it's the right thing to do, and not because I want to. I will stay with you because I love you and I don't want to lose you.' " he looked me and smiled. "I keep my promises."

  "Carson, things are really bad."

 "Yet, I still love you, I still want to stay with you, and I still really, really, really, don't want to lose you." Carson said as he kissed my forehead.

 

         Carson insisted on me eating lunch, even though I told him I wasn't hungry. Of course he didn't want to hear it. He decided to make me pasta with grilled chicken.

     Carson was actually a really good cook. He didn't cook so much because if Xavier found out that carson was a good cook, he would be nagging Carson to make him something to eat whenever he got hungry. Which, if you know Xavier, you know that he is always hungry.

    Since I told Carson I wasn't hungry, he only made one plate and said we could share it which, I was totallly fine with. I was getting a plate for us when my stomach twisted again. I quickly ran to the bathroom. Carson held back my hair for me again.

  "Are you okay?" Carson asked

 "Yeah...I'll be fine." I replied as I got some mouthwash and started swishing it in my mouth.

  "Are you sure?" Carson asked as I spit the mouthwash out.

 "Yeah." Carson took my hand and lead me back to the kitchen. I sat down at the island as Carson put some food on our plate and got us some silverware.

   Carson sat down and we started to eat. Of course it tasted delicious. I told him that too. He just shrugged as if it was nothing, but I knew he liked it when people complemented his cooking.

   "So um...d-do your parents know." He asked nervously. I can't say I was surprised. I knew I would have to tell him at some point.

  "Well, I don't think my dad does. He's away on an eight week business trip. He won't be back for another five weeks. So unless if mom called him, then I dont think he knows." I said keeping my eyes on the table.

  "Wait.... you're staying here alone?" Carson demanded

  "Yeah..." I said avoiding his gaze

 "Why are you here by yourself?"  

   "My mom kicked me out after she found out I was pregnant." 

  "She ki-" Carson cut himself off "How long ago did she kick you out?" He demanded

 " The day that I went to go get clothes so I could spend the weekend at your house."

 "You've been living here alone for a month?"

 "Maybe...."

 "Maddy, why didn't you tell us?"

 "I didn't want you guys to feel like you need to take me in."

 "Maddy, Xavier and I would rather you live with us, than you live by yourself."

"I know...Carson?"

 "Yeah Maddy?"

"Can you stay here tonight?"

 "We can stay at the condo to you know."

 "I know, I just want to stay here. Please only for tonight?"

 "Okay. I'll have to go home and get some cloths though, Do you want to come with me?"

"No, I'll be fine here."

" Okay." Carson said as he grabbed his keys that were sitting on the kitchen counter. Then he walked over and kissed me on the forehead before he walked out the door.

 

   When Carson walked into his condo, Xavier was there waiting to ambush him with questions.

    "So what happened? Why is she avoiding you?" Xavier interrogated

  "It's complicated." Carson said as he walked into his room and got an old backpack out of his closet.

 "What are you doing?" Xavier asked

"I'm packing." Carson retorted

 "No crap dude, way to state the obvious. Where are you going? You aren't going to be one of those depressed guys who run away when things get bad are you?"

 "No, i'm going back to Maddy's." Carson said as he threw some clothes in the backpack.

 "Maddy's parents are letting you spend the night?"

 Carson didn't answer.

 "Are you going to answer me?"

 "Xavier it's complicated. I would rather explain this to you tomorrow when Maddy's here and we have more time."

 "Maddy's coming over?" Xavier perked up

"Yeah.. she might be staying here for a while. Is that okay with you?"

"Dude she's my best friend she can freakin live here."

"Good because she might be."
 "What?" Xavier questioned looking confused

"Look it's like I said Xavier it's complicated. I'll tell you tomorrow. I have to go see you later dude." Carson said as he left

 

  Ugh, I thought looking in the mirror at my new zit on my cheek, only six weeks into this pregnancy and i'm already have morning sickness and zits. I'm so not going to make it through the next nine months.

 I reached down to get my acne cream. When i looked back in the mirror i saw Carson standing in my doorway. I turned around and studied his face.

 "Whats wrong?" I asked. Carson put on a smile, shrugged, and said

 "It's nothing. What are you up to?"

 "Just imbracing the hells of pregnancy." I replied pointing to my zit.

   Carson sighed as he walked over and wrapped his arms around my waist.

  "You need to stop worrying about how you look, you're perfect."

  "You're only saying that to make me shut up." I said

 Carson smirked and kissed my forehead. 

 "If you say so Maddy."



© 2011 Julie Beth


Author's Note

Julie Beth
So what do you think? Anything I can improve on?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

shes preggo and she is worrying about a zit.
it makes me laugh
haha

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You seem to be going from strenght to strenght, the story is becoming more factual rathe than imaginative which is always good at this stage of the game, I wonder if you could improve your first few chapters to bring it to this standard.

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Thomas Fitzgerald
.memberID. 028
.division. III
.division.leader. Vacant
.name. Thomas
.username. kissaled
.novels. Adrian, Memoirs of a Gay(sha)!
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer
.join date. 06-27-11

Posted 12 Years Ago


Once again I agree with Jim. Your writing gets better and better. I bet if you go back and re-read chapters 1+2 you'd make some additions. Still some spelling, grammar and tense concerns but that's it.
The story is really good. It's heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. Good flow.
.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Lorrie
.memberID. 052
.division. VI
.division.leader. Vacant
.name. ----
.username. longislandlorrie
.novels. ----
.status. New Member
.join date. 07-19-11






Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this chapter. I'm glad Carson calmed down after he started to yell. I love that he is keeping his promise. I love Carson and Maddy together it is amazing. I love how much he's worried about her. I wouldn't want Maddy to live alone either if I were her mother. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very, very good. I'm into this. So into this, in fact, that I want to skip the review and just go to the next chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


ok i think the part where she threw up the secodn time then ATE was a little bit off. i know personally when i throw up i never want to eat right after. otherwise i loved it. and i love how Xainder person i know i didnt spell it right but yeah i love how hes so sarcastic. and hmm am i catching a vibe from him that he likes maddy?? that may cause problems for the characters but it makes one hell of a plot. what else.....hmm i've noticed that in a few spots you had run-on sentences throughout the last few chapters but i assume you write this on your phone SO i ignored it. otherside julie i loved it. i also love how hes not a jerk who would run away from it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow, i wonder when xavier is going to find out. i hope that her mother eventually forgives her.

Posted 13 Years Ago


AW, Theyre such a cute couple, good job Julie.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wanna know something? You are really getting much better! There are still a few misspellings and punctuation issues, but much, much better than your previous chapters. I'm proud of you! One thing you need to be aware of when writing a novel...you need to be consistent. You've written most of your story in the first person, but occasionally, you skip to third person so that you can tell part of the story that Maddy isn't there to witness. You need to stay consistent from start to finish. Revolving points of view only confuse your reader. This really is so much better though, Julie!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Awwww... so sweet. Nice chapter!:)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

593 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 19, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011


Author

Julie Beth
Julie Beth

lala land, RI



Writing
Content Content

A Story by Julie Beth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..