Unexpected Chapter 16

Unexpected Chapter 16

A Chapter by Julie Beth
"

Month 5

"

 

The sky was dark and the air was cold. I was walking on the sidewalk, the only light that was guiding me was the moon and the street lights. I didn't tell Carson that I was leaving... I don't think he'll care. The wind blew, it made my teeth clatter. I was wearing my grey sweatpants, black short sleeved shirt, and flip-flops. I wasn't able to get a sweatshirt, Carson locked himself in his room.... I don't think he wanted me in there, even if it was only for a second.

Everything was going wrong and I had no idea who to fix it. Or if I could even fix it. I don't think that I can still stay at the condo with him. We’re are defiantly not sleeping in the same bed now, but you know, that's what you get for being a stupid lying unwanted teenager, and s**t. I am a bad person..

I walked down the street and took a right when I got to the highway. I don't think that Carson will car if I got hit by a car now. I knew that it was dangerous to walk on the highway, especially in the middle of the night.

My vision was blurred. I barely stopped crying since I left. That's one thing I won’t miss, crying. I wonder how fast it would take me to die if I got hit by a car. I kept walking straight on the highway for another thirty minute, then I took a left and walked for another fifteen minutes. I was trying to remember why it was taking me so long to walk here. Probably because I was always driven here and never had to walk. Oh well, I’ll just get some excise. After forty five minutes of walking, I finally reached the parking lot of Meaty Meat's locker, where the best meat, is yours to eat. Ugh, this place was discussing. The parking lot was empty, except for a few employees’ cars, but then again who want to eat "the best meat" at midnight.

I took my last fresh breath of air before I walked into the meat locker of doom. Where everything smell like meat... I could get sick. When I walked in, Xavier was standing at the counter looking as though he could fall asleep. The bell from the door jingled loudly as I walked up to the counter.

"Welcome to meaty meat's lock, where the bed meat is made," Xavier said enthusiastically without lifting his head to realize it was me."How can I hel- Holy crap, what the hell happened to you Maddy." Xavier finally lifted his head and didn't look as sleepy anymore. I guess I must have looked like crap...again.

"Can I have a coke?" I asked passing over fifty cents, ignoring his comment.

"Can you tell me what's up?" Xavier counters pushing away my money.

"I just walked for forty five minutes to get here, I think I’ll die if you don’t give me a drink." I said giving back my change.

"You walked here?!?! Maddy it's freaking midnight! Carson's going to flip out." Xavier exclaimed

"Can I just have a drink?" I asked. Xavier walked away for a minute and came back with water. I passed over my fifty cents but he pushed it back and put in spare change from his pocket. "Thank you." I said not caring that he got me water instead of coke. "So you got time out of your busy shift to take a break?"

"Sure." Xavier said as he walked out from over the counter . We took a seat in the connor near the door. The walls were yellow and the seats were blue. I took a seat on one side and Xavier sat opposite of me.

"I came here to tell you I’m going to go live with my dad." I told him. Xavier's expression was hard and unreadable, but I already knew that he didn't want me to do this.

"Why?'

"Because I told Carson." I replied trying to keep my voice steady.

"You told Carson.." Xavier said slowly as if he had to think about what the sentence meant. "Why did you tell Carson? I thought you were going to wait for me."

"I was but then we were at the doctor’s office and we found out it's a boy. He was s-" Xavier cut me off.

"Dude you're having a boy? Really? Maddy that's awesome!" Xavier exclaimed. I was staring at him with daggering eyes didn't he know it was rude to interrupt.

God, I thought. Why am I being so pissy? No wonder why Carson doesn't want to be around me. I'm a lying, pissy pregnancy person who gets mad at everything. I don't even want to be around me.

"Sorry." Xavier said.

"No I’m sorry. I don't know why I’m so pissy just ignore me." I replied as I took a sip of my water.

"So did you tell Carson that your dad was the father?" Xavier asked

"I did....he didn't believe me." I said softly. "Although I don't blame him. I've been lying to him this whole time why should he believe me." We sat there in silence for a bit then Xavier said,

"I'll drive you to your dad's house. Come on."

 

 

When Xavier walked through the door it was one thirty in the morning. All of the lights were still on, so he knew Carson was still awake. The ride home from Maddy's dad house seemed longer than it was. Probably because Xavier knew he had to talk to Carson about this.

Xavier walked down the hallway till he got to Carson’s room. He turned the knob, but the door was locked. Xavier didn't have the patience to pick a lock right now.

Xavier banged his fist on the door, hard.

"Carson open the door before I break it!" He shouted. Xavier could hear footsteps from the other side. Carson opened the door. His auburn hair was a mess. His brown eyes were hurt and confused.

"What." Carson's voice was cold and hard.

"You left Maddy." Xavier said. It was more or a statement than a question.

"She left me." Carson said pointing out the fact that Maddy was nowhere to be found.

"She left because she thinks you hate her."

"Good. I do." Carson said as he tried to shut the door, but Xavier pushed it back with his hand.

"No you don't Carson, you're just saying that because you're mad." Xavier responded

"Okay Xavier! Why shouldn't I hate her. She lead me on! Lied to me! She told you didn't she? Why couldn't she tell me. Why didn't you tell me? Give me one god damn reason why I shouldn't hate her!" Carson yelled as he walked back over to his bed. Xavier fully opened the door and walked in. Clothes were all over the floor and some were stuffed in a carryon bag.

"Are you leaving?" Xavier asked a bit taken back

"Yeah, I am." Carson shot back as he tossed some pants into his bag.

"So that's your solution to this? Just pack up and leave. She's not even staying here anymore." Xavier said

"I don't care if she's here or not, i'm leaving because I’m sick of being lied to. You knew this whole time and you didn't say anything."

"What the hell did you want me to say hey Car, how are you today? Oh by the way your girlfriend is pregnant with her dad's baby, not yours."

"Can you just drop the damn lie already. Who's baby is it. I highly dought that Maddy is having sex with her dad. How much do you want to bet it's yours."

"WILL YOU SHUIT THE HELL UP AND LISTEN TO ME!" Xavier yelled. "You really think I would do that to you? That Maddy would do that to you? You want to know why Maddy didn't tell you, just look at the way you're acting. I'm telling you your girlfriend was raped by her dad and you don't give a crap. Yeah it was wrong of her to lie, but she was scared. She told me because I’m her best friend, I listen before I judge. She didn't tell you because of this. You didn't even believe her when she told you she was raped. She loves you Carson, I thought you loved her too. I guess I was wrong" Xavier slammed the door and walked out. Carson was on his own. Xavier wasn't going to leave Maddy, not like Carson did.



© 2011 Julie Beth


Author's Note

Julie Beth
i didn't really like this chapter its short and i think it sucks but i'm going to make the next chapter better. sorry for crappy spelling im a bit tried

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

yeay xavier :)
i knew there was a reason i liked that kid

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ahh I loved it. I really REALLY hate Carson!

Writing keeps the dream alive
~V~

Posted 12 Years Ago


Xavier, Maddy and Carson, what a tangled web you weave for the reader, well done

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Thomas Fitzgerald
.memberID. 028
.division. III
.division.leader. Vacant
.name. Thomas
.username. kissaled
.novels. Adrian, Memoirs of a Gay(sha)!
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer
.join date. 06-27-11

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awe I love Xavier! He is such a sweet heart...I hate Carson right now...for hating Maddy...I can't believe he didn't believe that Maddy had been raped by her dad...that is terrible....I hate her father even more. Can't wait to read the next chapter. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


So happy that Xavier stood up for Maddy when Carson refused to listen to her. Even though it was short, it was still really good in my opinion. Keep me posted for the next chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago


discussing.-disgusting.
Glad xavier stood up for maddie and carson should have shown maddie sympmaphy instead oif getting mad and i do understand that he has a right to be upset at first...
If I was maddie i wouldn't goback to my dad,but I guess she has no choice. Can't wait for more and I hope carson comes around.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nicely done Julie, I can't wait for more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Xavier is now officially my favorite character. But why did he drop Maddy off at her Dad's? that's just sick.
Well done. Carson is just... immature.
That's disgusting and idiotic of a man to do to his daughter. I'm disgusted. But it happens. Good installment.

Posted 12 Years Ago


HOLY S**T
WHAT THE HELL?
I kind of hate Carson right now. XAVIER WAS ALWAYS MY FAVORITE. And why would she go back to her dad's house? I'd suicide.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Way to go Xavier!!! And Im glad he's not leaving her! She needs someone. Great chaptr!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

748 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 21, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011


Author

Julie Beth
Julie Beth

lala land, RI



Writing
Content Content

A Story by Julie Beth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..