Unexpected Chapter 9

Unexpected Chapter 9

A Chapter by Julie Beth
"

this chapter is the doctors appointment and her dad comes home

"

"Maddy? Maddy Chase?" I took a deep breath as Carson stood up. He was still holding my hand.

 "Come on Maddy, it's going to be okay." I looked up into his brown eyes, which told me he was saying the truth.

  I stood up and walked with him towards the woman. Her blonde hair was tied back and by the way her blue eyes were staring at me, I could tell she was shocked by my age.

 "Hi, I'm Dr. Green." The woman said holding out her hand. Carson shook it with his free hand.

 "Carson Evans, this is Maddy." Carson answered knowing I wouldn't. I smiled at the doctor just to acknowledge her. I felt uncomfortable around her. I hate the way she was looking at me. I don't even want to imagine what she was thinking.

 "Great, why don't we step into my office so we can talk." Dr. Green said as she lead us down the hallway.

 Dr. Green's office was small. It had yellow walls, a white desk with a computer, three chairs, and a bookshelf. I felt claustrophobic in there.

"Okay so, today i'll be asking you some questions alright?" Dr. Green said.

 I nodded my head

 "Alright then, how are you feeling so far?'

 "Fine." I said avoiding eye contact

 "How many weeks pregnant are you?'

 "Around eight weeks." I responded stroking my thumb on Carson's hand. I hated talking to doctors. I didn't like the idea of someone I barely knew, knowing everything about me.

"Have you had any symptoms yet?' the Dr. asked while typing stuff into her computer.

"Morning sickness and breakouts."

 "Alright," she stopped talking and all I could hear was her typing. It wasn't long thought, before she started talking again. "Do you have regular Menstrual cycles?"

 "Yes." I felt akward talking about this with Carson around.

 "How long are they usually?"

 "4-6 days." I looked out a small window that the bookshelf was partially covering. It was starting to snow again. Which means Carson will probably be driving 2 miles per hour to get to school. He always drives slow with me in the car. It was so annoying.

"Maddy?" Carson nugged me.

 "Sorry, I zoned out. What was the question?" I asked

 "When was the first day of your last period?"

 "Oh, um.. August 8." I said rubbing my head. All I can hear is her typing. It was giving me a head ache.

 "Well your due date will be Sunday May 15, 2011" Dr. Green said. "Have you ever had a sexually transmitted disease?"

 "No."

"Any previous pregnancies?"

 "No."

 "Ever been to or presently seeing a psychiatrist?"

 "What does that have to do with this?" Carson started chuckling as soon as I said this. I looked up at him as he ran his hand through his auborn hair and smiled at me.

 "It's a safety percussion for the pregnancy." Dr. Green stated as Carson squeezed my hand.

 "No, i'm not nor have I ever been insane." I replied. Dr. Green supressed a smile as Carson smirked at me.

 "Do you or have you ever smoked or done drugs?'

 "No" I said as she typed. God I would hate to be typing all day.

 "Drinking history?"

 "I've drank before but i'm not an alcoholic." Dr. Green shook her disappointment.

 "Do you have any drug allergies?"

 "Not that I know of."

"Have you ever had any surgeries?"

 "Nope."

 "Ever been hospitalized?"

 "No." I said as she typed. I sat there still stroking Carsons hand.

 "Carson," Dr. Green said. "Do you mind stepping out for a few minutes?" She must have seen the look of alarm on my face because she quickely reassured me that it would only be for five minutes.

 Dr. Green went back behind her desk after she showed Carson out.

 "Maddy, you shouldn't drink during a pregnancy."

 "I wasn't planning on it." I said avoiding her stare.

 Dr. Green Shifted in her seat. "Do your parents know about this?"

 "My mom does. She was suppose to be here today, but my grandfather had a stroke. He dosn't live around here, so she had to go down and take care of him."

 "Maddy, i'm suppose to ask this and we ask that you tell us the truth."

 "Alright?" I was a bit hesitant.

 "Are you or have you ever been, a victim of abuse?" For the first time I looked up at Dr. Green. Her blue eyes showed concern, and I knew I had to tell her the truth.

 

 Carson was in the waiting room texting Xavier when I got out.

 "Hey. Carson said standing up. "Ready to go?"

 "Yeah." I replied as Carson took my hand and lead me to his car.

 The car ride was quiet. When Carson asked me what the doctor spoke to me about, I told him that she just wanted me to be aware of the fact that i shouldnt be drinking. I really don't drink alot just two beers a month and I never drink enough to get drunk.

 When we were five minutes away from school I asked,

 "Can you drop me off at my dad's house? I'm not feeling good and he's been wanting to see me."

 "Alright. You do seem like you're out of it today. I have to work tonight though so you can sleep over your dad's or Xavier can pick you up."

 "Can you have Xavier pick me up?"

 "Yeah." We pulled up into my dad's driveway. Carson parked the car and leaned over to kiss my forehead but he pulled away quickely. "Are you okay? Your forehead is burning up."

 "I'm fine, don't worry about it. I'll see you later okay." I tried to reassure him but the truth I couldn't even reassure myself, I felt like crap. Carson was hesitant at first but finally he said,

 "Alright, feel better. I'll see you tonight." I started to get out of the car "Maddy," I turned to look at Carson. "I love you."

 "I love you too Carson." Then I shut the car door and went to go face my father.

  My dad got home a week early due to grandpa's stroke. He needed to come home so he could take care of Hannah. I could only ignore him for so long.

  Carson didn't leave until I was inside. Even though every nerve in my body was begging, screaming for him to stay. To hold he in his arms and tell me that some how everything was going to be okay.

 Soon as I walked through the door, my dad jumped on me.

 "You little S**T!" He yelled " Do you have any idea what you have done to this family? You and your dumb a*s choices caused your grandfather so much trouble, that he had a stroke! And do you know what this is doing to Hannah? Do you think she's ready to be an Aunt? Do you think she even wants to be? NO, she might say she does but she's nothing more than a stupid five year old! She don't know s**t."

 "Hannah's Not Stupid!" I yelled

 "Don't you dare talked to me like that!" My father threw his newspaper and it hit the wall with a smack. Then plopped on the floor."Do you even know what you did to my reputation?!?! Well do you? Do you think that someone will want their lawyer to have a pregnant 15 year old? Hell No! Everthing bad that's going to happen will be YOUR FAULT! Get in your damn room and don't come out at ALL!"

"Screw you b*****d!" I snapped back. Then I ran to my room and locked the door.

 I turned around and gasped.

 "Oh god Hannah, you scared me." I said as I went to go hug her. I pulled back when I heard her sniffle. I pushed her blonde wavy hair out of her face and looked into her amber eyes. I saw a tear roll down her cheek.

 "Hey, sweety look at me. What's wrong?" I asked kneeling in front of her. She was sitting on the edge of my bed.

 "D-da-daddy ha-hates u-us." she sobbed

 "Oh god no Hannah, daddy could never hate you." I told her as I picked her up off the bed. The I sat down on my bed and placed her on my lap as she cried on my shoulder.

 "He called me st-s-stupid."

 "Your not stupid Hannah. You're the smartest, prettiest, and funniest five year old I know."

 "Really?" Hannah sniffed

 "Really." I said kissing her head.

 "Is grandpa gonna be okay?"

 "I'm sure he will be."

"Sissy?"

"Yeah sweety?"

 "What's a s**t."

 "A stupid lying unwanted teenager."

 "I don't think you're a s**t."

 "Trust me Hannah I am and when you get older, you'll agree with me."

 "But you're not stupid and unwanted."

 "I'm pregnant and im fifteen, that means I qualify for being stupid. Unwanted, well you saw the way mom and dad reacted, so I qualify for being unwanted too.

 "I still want you." Hannah said softly before she drifted off to sleep in my arms. I rested my head on hers and did the same.

 

 I jumped awake. The fire alarms were going off and I could smell smoke. Then I heard Hannah scream.



© 2011 Julie Beth


Author's Note

Julie Beth
sorry this took so long to write ill try to post the chapters up more often it will move along after this chapter and im tryin to fix things i missed let me know how it is sorry if there is mistakes i didn't edit it yet

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

the drama never ends.
i must see what happens.
*presses next chapter button*


Posted 12 Years Ago


Maddy Chase is my step sis's name.. how acward


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I hate her dad. Reading on

Writing keeps the dream alive
~V~

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ah, the use of abuse in any context must be used with reverence, this insights strong reaction and cat be used lightly, which you have done, a shame really.

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Thomas Fitzgerald
.memberID. 028
.division. III
.division.leader. Vacant
.name. Thomas
.username. kissaled
.novels. Adrian, Memoirs of a Gay(sha)!
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer
.join date. 06-27-11

Posted 12 Years Ago


I hate her father....I hate child abuse...that irks me all the time...I would defend a child if I could. I am scared for Maddy, Hannah, and the baby as well. I can't wait to read on...this storyline is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh man! I'm a real stickler about child abuse, and that just makes me hate the father right off the bat. I'm scared that the father is going to hurt Hannah and/or the baby. Very suspenceful. Did she end up telling Xavier? And who's child is it anyway? Reading on...

Posted 13 Years Ago


4 words: I hate the dad. He shouldn't be mad at her, he should comforting her! He's such a jerk. Besides that, great write :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

awwwwwh i love the ending. im getting that maybe the father abused her, because if at the doctors she had to tell the truth and then her dad acted like that, if the truth was no then there probably wouldnt have been as much suspense xD otherwise julie i love it keep writing i cat wait for the next chapter!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow, such suspense. i wonder if it was her dad that abused her. and what she's hiding from Carson...

Posted 13 Years Ago


HER DUE DATE IS MAY 15TH AND THATS MY BIRTHDAY THATS SO COOL!!! Anyway Julie it was really good and I can't wait to find out what happens!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

679 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 23, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011


Author

Julie Beth
Julie Beth

lala land, RI



Writing
Content Content

A Story by Julie Beth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..