Unexpected Chapter 25

Unexpected Chapter 25

A Chapter by Julie Beth

 

Later on that night I was taking a bath. I usually took showers but today I felt like taking a bath, and it was still my birthday, I could do what I want. This bath was longer than usually for two reasons, one was because I needed to relax. I knew that I was too happy to sleep anyways so might as well kill time. The second reason was because my stupid pissed off dwarf/baby was not coming off my stomach. I always seem to forget the sharpie marker is hard to get off. Maybe I should write it on my hand in sharpie so I’ll remember.

After about a half an hour, there was a knock of the bathroom door. I forgot I couldn't stay in here forever since there was only one bathroom and three people.

"Yeah?" I called out as I waited for a response.

"Can I come in?" I heard Carson's voice muffled by the door. I actually had to think about this because, even though I never told Carson this, I really don't like people seeing me naked.

"I'm taking a bath, can it wait until I get out?" I asked hesitantly. I can't think of a time where I have actually rejected Carson, at least until now.

"Maddy, you've been in there forever and it's not anything I haven't seen before." Carson replied. I hated that answer; I don't care if he's seen me naked before, it doesn't mean he can just see me like this all the time.

"That's not true, I’m fat now." I retorted silently apologizing to the baby incase if he can hear me. I'm not sure what month he develops hearing, I’m really not sure of anything now that I think of it. I thought I heard Carson swear from the opposite side of the door then I watched as the knob twisted and the door opened. Carson poked his head in then he slid through the small opening of the door, and closed it.

"You're not fat." Carson said staring at my face. This made me very irritated. If I wanted to be ignored then I would go and live with me dad.

"And you're not very smart. Usually when someone says can it wait till later, it usually means they don't want to talk at that moment in time." I snapped at him. Carson blinked in shock and for a second, only a second, he looked really hurt. Then his face went emotionless. I looked down at the ground, pissed off at myself. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me, but I do know Carson sure as hell didn't deserve that. I looked up just in time to see Carson leaving the room.

 

 

After ten minutes, I couldn't take the guilt anymore. I got out of the bath tub and put on a pair of Carson's gray sweat pants and my black tank top. I walked out into the living room where Xavier was sprawled out on the couch, in nothing but his red plaid boxers, and the remote in his hand. I though his eyes were glued to the TV, but they shifted to when I came in the room.

"What’s up?" Xavier said as I walked in the room. Usually I was in bed by now, but Carson wasn't in the room.

"Do you know where Carson went?" I asked as I fidgeted. Xavier looked at me as though he was trying to read my mind.

"He went out to get some air, think things over. You okay?' Xavier asked more focused on me.

"I'm fine; I’m going to go see if I can find Carson." I replied as I put on my flip flops. Xavier got off the couch and headed towards me.

"Maddy, I’m not your boyfriend...or fiancé for that matter, but I seriously don't want you walking around in the dark trying to find Carson...ever." Xavier said looking at me with a very serious expression on his face, I sighed.

"Fine then, go get dressed and you can come with me."

"Maddy, he's go-" I cut Xavier off. I was so sick of being treated like I was five.

"Look, it's either you come with me or let me go alone. Either way I am going." I snapped at him. Xavier looked at me with a shocked expression on his face. I didn't care right now; all I wanted to do was get out of here. After I do that, I will apologize to Carson and Xavier too, for snapping on them.

"Fine wait here." Xavier said as he left the room to get clothes. As soon as I heard the door to his room close, I slowly and quietly open and closed the front door. I knew I was going to get hell for doing this, but I’m a big girl now and I don't need anyone holding my hand.

I walked out onto the side walked and took a left. I already knew where I was going, and I already knew that Carson wouldn't be there. I wasn't trying to find Carson; I was trying to get some time alone. I knew that Xavier wouldn't allow that.

I quickly went from the curb into the woods. I knew it was only a matter of time before Xavier went looking for me, and since Carson probably didn't have his phone on him, it would give me more time. After five long and cold minutes, I found the path in the woods that I was looking for.

The path seemed longer than it was when I was little, but then again back then I had more energy. After some odd amount of time, I reached my destination. I opened the big door to the old abandoned fire house and pulled it open. I was surprised that no one ever put a look on this thing. I was more surprised that it seemed like no one other than me found this place. The only other person who I knew, knew about it was Carson.

I walked up the old stairs onto the second floor and outside to the patio. I sat down behind the guardrail and let my feet dangle over the edge. The fire house was on a beach, I don't know why they would place it here, but I’m glad they did. This was my thinking spot. I found this a while back when I was little. I use to go walking in the woods when I got mad at mom or dad. One day I came across a path and I followed it here. I thought it was perfect.

The full moon reflected in the water, making it look beautiful. I shivered as the cold night air blew, wishing I put on a sweatshirt. I stared at it until I couldn't hold it back any longer. Tears started to come down my face and soon, I was sobbing uncontrollably.

 

 

Carson walked through the front door of the condo only an hour after he left. The TV was left on, but no one was around.

"Maddy?" Carson called; he waited but got no response. "Xavier?" Same thing for Xavier Carson wandered all over the house and he couldn't find them. For some reason, Carson had a really bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. Carson picked up the phone and called Maddy’s cell.

Carson Jumped when he heard a buzzing sound behind him. He turned around only to find Maddy's cell phone on the kitchen table. "S**t." Carson muttered. Then he hung up and called Xavier.

"Maddy?' Xavier asked franticly.

"No, it's Carson. Maddy's not with you?" Carson said starting to get really nervous.

"No she said she was going to go look for you, but I told her I didn't want her going out there alone. I went to go get dressed so I could go with her and when I got back, she was gone. I've drove all around town Car, I can't find her at all." Xavier rushed. Carson thought for a moment then realized this happened before when Maddy was living with her parents.

"Xavier come home, I think I know where Maddy went. I'm going to go get her." Carson said as he hung up the phone then left the condo.

 

 

I was cold and sniffling as I tried to recover from my crying fit. I attempted to wrap myself in a ball to keep warm, but I ended up forming a protective shield around my stomach. I eventually zoned out with tears still coming down my face, shivering, and my teeth clattering.

"Jesus Christ Maddy!" I heard Carson's voice which snapped me out of my dreamland. I looked over and saw Carson taking off his sweatshirt as he rushed over to me. Carson wrapped it around my shoulders and started to rub my arms to warm me up. "My god, you're freezing Maddy." Carson exclaimed as he held me close trying to warm me up.

Carson pulled me away so he could look me in the eyes. "She forgot again, didn't she?"

"My mom didn't forget my birthday." I said starting to cry again. "She's just been really busy and couldn't call." I said trying to convince myself more than Carson.

"Did she even celebrate it when you went down there?" Carson asked with a sad expression on his face. I let out a shaky breath and shook my head.

"Like I said she's been busy and didn't ha-" Carson cut me off.

"Maddy, stop trying to defend her." I looked Carson in the eyes and started to sob all over again.

'S-s-she's always forgetting about me. She tells me to be strong, but I’m not. I just want her to hold me and say everything’s going to be alright. I want her to tell me that she loves me no matter how bad I screw up. I just want my old mom back." I sobbed into Carson shoulder as he rubbed me back. I never cried so much in my life. I've held back all of this stuff about my mom that I couldn't say to her face. I just let it bottle up and now I feel like I’m shattering because I can't take it anymore.

Carson sat there and listened to me cry and rant until I stopped. Then we slowly walked home in the dark, hand in hand. He didn't say anything to me and I didn't talk to him. By the time we got back to the condo, it was one in the morning, and Xavier was there waiting to b***h me out for leaving him.

"Maddy, what the h-" Xavier started but Carson cut him off.

"Xavier don't say anything, let’s all just go to bed and we'll take about it in the morning." Carson said in his im-gonna-kill-you-if-you-don't-stop-talking-right-now voice. Xavier looked at me and his face went from pissed off to concerned. I must really look like s**t if he's concerned about me right now.

Carson put his hand on the small of my back and led me back to his room. I climbed into bed as Carson stripped into his boxers. Without saying a word, he crawled into bed next to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you earlier in the bathroom." I said softly unsure if he could hear me. Carson made a trail of kisses from my neck to my forehead. He did this whenever I was sad. I smiled and Carson leaned over and kissed me on the lips.

"It's okay, baby. You were upset." Carson said in an understanding voice, I still felt guilty.

"Yeah, but not at you. I always take everything out on you and you just let it go. You don't deserve it and it make me feel bad, because I’m treating you like s**t. How can you just let it go?"

"Because I love you, and no one has any idea what you're going through and how you're feeling about it. I would rather you take it out on my than have you keep it to yourself." Carson said in his tired voice. I could tell he is probably going to fall asleep on me.

"I love you..." I said softly not knowing what else to say.

"Not as much as I love you." Carson replied as he gave me one last kiss on the forehead. Then he drifted off to sleep.

 



© 2011 Julie Beth


Author's Note

Julie Beth
please excuse spelling im falling asleep and just want to get this up tonight ill go through it tomorrow thank you and goodnight

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This chapter was an emotional one. I hope she gets a chance to talk to her mother. She should let her mother know how she feels. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


>.<
glares at parental units.

Posted 12 Years Ago


CARSON NATION.

THAT WAS SO SWEET. Stupid mother, forgot her own daughter's birthday. Poor Maddy has messed up parents. Ugh.

READING ON.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I loved it! and i hate how Maddy's mom didn't remember her birthday.

Posted 12 Years Ago


THAT'S SO SWEEET.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I thought it was cute how Carson knew exactly where she was :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

520 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 14, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011


Author

Julie Beth
Julie Beth

lala land, RI



Writing
Content Content

A Story by Julie Beth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..