Unexpected Chapter 28

Unexpected Chapter 28

A Chapter by Julie Beth

I woke up round two in the morning, exhausted and shaky. My throat was dry and I felt as though I couldn't breathe. I got out of bed and went into the kitchen. The kitchen light was already on causing me to squint. I went over to the cupboards, opened it, and took out a plastic cup.

"What are you doing up this early?" I gasped and jumped. The plastic I had in my hand dropped to the floor. I spun around and saw Xavier sitting at the kitchen table on his laptop. He was still in the jeans and t-shirt he was wearing earlier and had bags under his eyes.

"God, Xavier, you scared the s**t out of me." I said trying to calm myself down. My heart was still pounding like crazy and my voice was rough and scratchy. Xavier got up out of the chair and walked over to me. He put the back of his hand on my forehead.

"Maddy, you're burning up. Are you okay?" Xavier asked me putting the plastic cup in the trash and getting a new one. He filled it with water as I sat down in a chair at the kitchen table. Xavier handed it to me and I took a sip.

"I'm okay, I just had a nightmare." I replied avoiding his gaze. I took another sip of the water. My throat wasn't feeling any better, maybe I was getting sick.

"Want to tell me about your nightmare?" Xavier asked I shrugged. He would probably think it's stupid and I’m being paranoid.

"Look, Maddy, I really am sorry about snapping on you earlier. I don't know why I said that in such a harsh tone." Xavier explained in a sincere voice. I looked up him and he smiled. I couldn't help but smile back at him, he was my best friend, and I couldn't stay mad at him forever.

"For the past month, I’ve been dreaming about the baby. Not happy dreams, nightmares about the birth. Complications, things like that." I said answering his question. He looked at me and leaned back in his chair.

"You mean like him being defected?" Xavier asked with a studious look on his face. "You shouldn't worry about that, I’m sure he'll be fine."

"No I mean, like, problems with giving birth to him. Things going wrong, him dying, me dying. Every night, something else goes wrong." My voice cracked and tears rolled down my face. I haven't told Carson or anyone about this but it was really scaring me. Xavier got up and hugged me.

"Maddy, I'm sure nothing will go wrong, both of you will be alright." Xavier said. "Do you know why you're having dreams like this?" I sniffed and shrugged.

"I'm scared to have him." I replied. Xavier pulled back.

"If anything happens to you, I can guarantee you Carson and I will beat that doctor and find new, better to take care of you two." Xavier said seriously. The he put his hands on my belly and said in his baby voice. "Isn't that right little guy, we'll kick the doctor’s a*s."

"Hey," I said sharply. "Watch your langue, he can hear you." Xavier laughed.

"Does he have a name yet?" I stopped and thought, I completely forgot about naming him. I shook my head.

"Nope, not yet." I replied yawning. Xavier looked at me, and then I said in my baby voice "I should probably think of one. He's going to be here soon."

"How far along are you?" Xavier asked

"Eight months today." I said yawning again.

"I think you need to go back to bed, especially if you are sick, rest helps you get better." Xavier said in a nagging voice that reminded me of my mother. I was too tired to fight him on it so I got up and walked back to the bedroom.

I slowly got back in bed next to Carson. I curled up next to him and he wrapped his arm around me. "You guys really suck at being quiet." He mumbled his voice groggy.

"Sorry." I said softly smiling just because I felt like it. In response Carson grunted then went back to sleep and I did the same.

 

 

I woke up in the morning to Xavier putting a thermometer on my forehead. Carson was right by his side checking my temperature.

"Why?" I asked shaking my head. They couldn't have woken me up before putting this piece of crap on my forehead? Just then an annoying long beeping sound went off. I hate alarm clocks. "Shut it of-" I cut myself off and jumped out of bed, pushing aside the stupid thermometer, and ran to the trash can. Carson Held back my hair as Xavier shut off the alarm clock.

"Well, Maddy has a 102 fever...is that bad or...?” Xavier said sort of lost. He would never make it as a doctor.

"It's fine. Not so bad where you need to go to the doctors or anything." I said still bent over the trash can. "Carson, can you go get me a paper towel or something?' Carson nodded his head and ran off.

"So do we need to take you to the doctors?" Xavier questioned, this was going to be annoying.

"Did you not just hear what I said?" I shot back at him. Carson came in with a damp paper towel. I wiped my mouth and leaned against the wall.

"Yeah, but you're pregnant, that changes the rules." Carson left the room again. I rolled my eyes damn it.

"Carson, don't call the doctor!" I shouted then I looked at Xavier. "Fevers only affect the baby if you're in your first trimester; I’m not so it won't affect the baby. If I don't get better in 24 hours, then we should go to the doctors." I said as Carson came back in the room with a wet rag. He put it on my forehead.

"Thank you." I said. Then I glanced up at the clock. "We should get ready for school." I said as I started to get up. Carson grabbed my arm and supported my back. I never had trouble getting up until I was pregnant.

"There is no way in hell that you're going to school." Carson said as he directed me to the bed, I would have fought on that, but I felt like total crap and didn't feel like it.

"Do you want us to stay here with you?" Xavier asked as I lay back down.

"I don't want to come off as a total b***h here, but I would rather you go to school." I said. Carson took the rag off me and kissed me on the forehead. "Its fine babe, call us if you need anything." I nodded. '

"You know, I think I’m going to take a shower while you guys get ready. You guys will probably be gone before I’m done though." I said getting up. I was about to go to the closet, but Carson stopped.

"Go take your shower; I’ll get you some clothes." Carson said.

"You just want to go through my bras and underwear you perv." I said jokingly. Carson smirked, "Yes," he said sarcastically. "I just want to go in my girlfriends underwear draw, but I’m going to make it seem like I’m helping her, and not being the pervert that I am."

"There is something seriously wrong with the two of you." Xavier said as he shook his head and walked out into the hallway. I laughed, but it turned into a cough. My throat still felt like crap. Today’s going to suck.

"Go take your shower." Carson said as he hugged me goodbye and kissed my forehead again.

I took a nice hot shower and when I got out, I found a pair of Carson's black sweat pants, a brown tank, Carson's gray sweatshirt and of course Carson took advantage of this situation and went through my underwear draw...sick perv. One thing I just realize is guys suck at matching clothes. I would have gone back and changed it, but I was too exhausted to do so.

After I got dressed, I wandered into the kitchen where I found cinnamon toast and orange juice. I smiled; Carson always knew what makes me feel better. I sat down at the table and started picking at my toast, when I noticed Xavier's laptop was still out, and on. I looked over at it and his facebook page was up, with a new message.

I could be a good friend and leave it for him to see, or I can be the best nosy friend I am and read it. I shrugged and decided to the message, if he gets mad, well then he should know better than to leave his laptop out in the open unprotected from nosy people.

I clicked on the little message icon, I opened it and i was shocked by who it was from. I froze, very confused. I took a sip of my orange juice, and opened the message.

 

Hey Xavier,

I had a lot of fun on our date. We should do that again... but I would rather you tell Maddy about us first. I don't want her to find out like Carson did... It was wrong. I know I can be a b***h, but I really like you and I want it to work out for us, but I don't want you to be lying to her, so please tell her k? Love you baby.

<3 Jasmine

 

I stared at the message and read it over five times. My eyes were almost bugging out of my head. I didn't even care that they were going out, how could he not tell me. How did Carson find out? Why the hell am I always the last to know? I hate being pregnant, no one tells you anything.

My stomach twist and I ran to the trash can. I don't care how sick I am, When Carson and Xavier get home, I’m going to demand answers, then I’m going to kill them for keeping secrets from me.



© 2011 Julie Beth


Author's Note

Julie Beth
and the truth comes out!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ewww! He's dating that terrible person. I really do not like her. Ugh! I feel bad for Xaiver. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


AND NOW I YELL AT XAVIER. >.< but...still love him.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Lol, i knew it! I know this is obvious but i lpove maddy's relationship with carson! ^^

Posted 12 Years Ago


So....Xavier IS gay?? And the truth comes out!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I IS SAD NOW. XAVIER IS NOT GAY. Y XAVIER NOT GAY?!

*sad face*

Wooow. He's dating Jasmine. Shoulda known. xD MORE. NOW. reading on~

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

what
he IS NOT GAY
NAND HE'S DATING JASMINE
IS THAT WHY SHE WAS BEING SO NICE?
PORBBABLY
OMG
MAJOR PLOT TWIST.

Posted 12 Years Ago


OMG i started right here and i LOVE IT!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh my gosh!! When I was thinking of possibilities of what he could be, I didnt expect this!!! OMG!!! I thought he was gay!!!! Anyways, great chapters an Im super excited to read more

Posted 12 Years Ago


HE"S NOT GAY................. Hmmm...... I was totally expecting that xD But now I know why Carson said maybe he was dating a b***h and didn't want us to know. I can't believe I didn't expet that :/

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

607 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011


Author

Julie Beth
Julie Beth

lala land, RI



Writing
Content Content

A Story by Julie Beth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lie to Me Lie to Me

A Poem by Anonymous