Unexpected Chapter 8

Unexpected Chapter 8

A Chapter by Julie Beth
"

month 2

"

  I laided down on Carson's bed as I waited for him to help Xavier find a shirt...if that was even possible. I was starting to doze off when Carson walked in. He laid down next to me, wrapped his arms around me, and kissed my forehead.

 "Sorry that took so long." Carson apoligized

 "That's fine... where's your shirt?" I asked

 "Xavier couldn't find one so I gave him mine. I could put one on if it bothers you."

 "I never said it bothered me, I was just asking. I think you guys need to do laundry more."
 "We'll get around to it. So what did you need to talk to me about?"

  I took a deep breath as I fiddled with his fingers. "I went to my mom's house today."

  "How did that go?" Carson asked

 "Pretty good."

 "But...." Carson waited for me to finish

 "Carson, what do you want to do?"

 Carson shifted so he was looking at me in the eyes. I could tell he was confused. "What do you mean?"

 "I mean with the baby. Do you want to keep it or give it up for adoption?"

 "Oh, well what do you want to do?"

"No! I asked you first."

 "Really Maddy?" Carson gave me a look that made me laugh. "Maddy we are not two years old. Why won't you tell me?"

 "I don't want you to feel like you need to change your answer." I replied stroking his hand.

 "I wouldn't do that." Carson replied stubbornly

 "Carson, I know you. You've done it tons of times. I need to know what you want Carson."

 "What if it's not what you want to do?"
 "Then we have eight months to figure it out. Carson, please, tell me."

  Carson brushed the strand of hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ear. Then he looked at his wall, then back towards me and replied,

 "I think I want us to keep it."

  I took a deep breath and tried to picture me being a parent at my age. I know I can't. I also know that I should tell Carson the truth about this pregnancy. It's only fair, but I can't bring myself to make out the words.

  Carson cleared his throat and pulled me out of my thoughts. Then he asked,

 "Maddy can you please talk to me?" I rubbed my eyes, which were heavy with sleep. Then I replied, "Carson are you sure we're ready to be parents? I mean you're going to college next year and i'm still a sophomore. Also you only work part time and as much as Xavier loves us, I don't think he wants to live with you, me, and a baby."

 "So, what, you're saying that we're not capable of taking care of a baby?"

 "No, Carson, that's not what I ment. I'm just saying that things are going to change. There will be things that you're going to have to give up."

 "I know that Maddy. I already thought about all of this and-" Carson cut himself off. "Can you please just tell me what you're thinking i'm not going to get mad at you."

 "It's just... I'm fifteen Carson, and I love you like hell. That's why I don't want to Keep this baby."

 "Okay, i'm a bit confused."

 "It always starts out like this, but once the baby comes the father bails or they have a fight and... I don't want to raise a baby alone and I don't want to lose you. If we keep this baby we will get stressed out and hate eachother. I'm not ready to let go of you. I don't think I ever will be."

  Carson was shocked. I could tell from the look on his face.

 "Maddy, I don't... I won't..." Carson stumbled over his choice of words. He saw the tears starting to form in my eyes. "I don't know the future and we can't fix the mistakes we've made in the past, but I promised you that if I still, love you, then I will stay with you. I'm not going to leave you. I love you too much for that." Carson said as he leaned down to give me a kiss. This kiss was deeper than our usual kiss. He usually did this when he didn't know what to say, but I didn't care. Carson broke off the kiss then said, "We have eight months. We'll figure this out."

 "I know we will." I replied laying my head on his bare chest. We were quiet for a few seconds then I said "I have a doctors appointment next Tuesday morning at 9:30. My mom said that you can come if you want, but we can't take the day off from school."

 "Would your mom be able to drive us because Xavier hates taking the bus, so he'll probably want the car."

 "Yeah she'll give us a ride. Were going to have to tell Xavier soon."

  "I know we do." Carson said stroking my hair as I yawned "You should go to sleep." Carson said but it was to late I was already asleep.

 

  "So," I said having a piece of my pancake. "How did your date go?"

 "Sorry to disappoint you Maddy, but i'm not gay." Xavier said

 I put my hands up in defense. "Hey i'm just making sure." I replied giggling

 "So it either went good or you're avoiding the question because it sucked." Carson said as he held my hand under the table.

 "It went good believe it or not." Xavier said

 "Not." I mummbled

 Carson laughed "In who's mind?"

 "In both of ours because were going out again next week."

 "Well then," I said "I suggeest that you do some laundry."

 "Shut up Maddy." Xavier said as he playfully nugged me. Then we started started fighting.

 "Maddy, I don't think you should be doing that. You can get hurt." Carson said in a concerned voice. Right when Carson said that my stomach twisted. I ran into the bathroom and Carson was right behind he holding my hair. Xavier came in and asked "Holy crap Maddy, are you okay?"

  I looked up at Carson. His eyes were asking me the question he was afraid to ask. I nodded my head at him. Carson looked at Xavier and said,

 "Xavier, we have to tell you something."

 

 



© 2011 Julie Beth


Author's Note

Julie Beth
sorry that took so long tell me what you think please and thank you

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Moral obligation and new age thinking, a fierce compound of germicital idulgence.

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Thomas Fitzgerald
.memberID. 028
.division. III
.division.leader. Vacant
.name. Thomas
.username. kissaled
.novels. Adrian, Memoirs of a Gay(sha)!
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer
.join date. 06-27-11

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was a good write. I liked the interactions between Carson and Maddy. Maddy might not want the baby, but she should keep it. I know she's fifteen, but she's going to regret giving up her baby. You see it many times when they give the baby up they are always going to wonder. I think Maddy's making the wrong decision at the moment. I like Carson's view on this. Ooo I wonder what Xavier's thoughts are going to be.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I DO suggest that you do some research before continuing. If you're going to make this as realistic as possible, then you'll need facts, and lots of them. That's why I write fiction, I don't need to do research :D Just kidding.
I find the story moving right along, and I jumped right into the stream it's creating. I'm pretty much drawn in by now, and I'm looking forward to the next few chapters.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I read the whole thing and I think that overall the story is kinda moving, it seems a bit repetitive and a bit anticlimatic. There has to be something to make it different and so far, it isn't very original. I like the characters, but they are kinda standard and also don't really stand out. As life changing as pregnancy is, there are only a few outcomes. You also have some spelling mistakes throughout the piece, and a few tense changes. I can't comment on any grammar because I'm not that great at it and I'm sure you have already gotten some pointers. Keep at it, just keep fixing it. Good Luck
-Anna

Posted 13 Years Ago


love it julie keep it up!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


i don't think it was long enough, but you did great. i think for the next chapter, though, you should have something big happen.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You know I love reading you, but...

It's really time for your story to start moving. You're on chapter 8, and so far, we've learned she's pregnant and she's told her boyfriend and mother. The interaction between Maddy and Carson is sweet and all, but something needs to happen soon if you want to keep your readers' interest.
You still aren't using any description at all. You are the writer...we are living in your world. You need to make us see it. We need to know what your characters look like, we need to know what their homes look like, when they are outside, we need to know what they see. Don't make your reader create their own visuals. Make them see it the way you see it. You can't tell an entire novel just through dialogue. Add some color to it!
I like the carrot you are dangling in front of us..."I also know that I should tell Carson the truth about this pregnancy. It's only fair, but I can't bring myself to make out the words." But you really need to mix things up and move them along now. All your chapters are becoming the same thing.

Get busy!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

nice cliff hanger and it was another sweet moment between her and her boyfriend. ^-^
breat-breath. i suggest you go back over this.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

745 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 5, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011


Author

Julie Beth
Julie Beth

lala land, RI



Writing
Content Content

A Story by Julie Beth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..