Unexpected Chapter 36

Unexpected Chapter 36

A Chapter by Julie Beth

 

Later that night while Carson was taking a shower I went down the hall and stopped at Xavier door. I hesitated before knocking, because I honestly didn't know what to expect. I rolled my eyes and then knock three times.

"What?" Xavier groggy voice came through the door. Was he sleeping?

"It's me," I said loudly, but not loud enough for Carson to hear me. "Is Jasmine still here?" I waited for a minute before Xavier answered.

"Why does that matter?" I was starting to get impatient, why wouldn't he just open the damn door already.

"I need to talk to her. Is she here, or am I wasting my time?" I say through the door. I waited for a few seconds then I heard the lock click, and Xavier opened the door. I walked in and realized how dark Xavier's room was, he had Dark blue walls, with a matching dark blue rug, he's bed sheet's were black as well as his comforter, and curtains. Now I know why I never came in here, it's too damn depressing.

"I think I need a freaking flashlight or something, I can't see crap." I told him. I heard Jasmine laugh and say,

"I feel the same way." I couldn't tell where she was until Xavier turned on his light. It instantly lit up the room. I turned around and looked at Xavier, his hair was a mess. It was all sticking up and out of place, and I think I knew why.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked me as he rubbed his eyes.

"Aren't you going to leave?" I said waiting for him to walk out the door.

"Wait, what the hell, your kicking me out of my own bedroom?" Xavier exclaimed. Jasmine and I laughed. I thought he understood this when I said I needed to talk to Jasmine.

"Yes, I am. Go do something productive for the next few minutes." I smiled at him but then put a serious expression on my face. "Do. Not. Wake. Up. Dennis." Xavier glared at me and rolled his eyes before leaving the room. Once he left, I walked up and closed the door behind him.

"So what's up?" Jasmine asked as I came over and sat across from her on the bed. Her blonde hair was completely a mess. At least Xavier was happy, and I’m okay with that.

"I need your help with two things. First is, is there any chance your dad would be able to be my lawyer when I got to court with my dad?" I was really unsure of this. I had no clue how the law system worked or anything and honestly, I don't think my mom is putting much effort into it.

"Um, I’m not sure. I could talk to him about it; I mean you could come too. We could all sit down and talk about it if you'd want too." Jasmine suggested. I nodded my head, that's exactly what I needed.

"That would be awesome if we could do that. The second thing is Carson and Xavier." I told her. She tilted her head to the side.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that they're graduating in five weeks, and their birthdays are coming up. Usually we just have a small party thing, you know the three of us, but I figured since you're dating Xavier, you should come. Carson's birthday is at the end of May, and Xavier's is at the begging of June, their like a week apart. Then I wanted to do something for when they graduate, but I don't know what, so I was wondering if you could help me."

"Well," Jasmine said getting excited that I asked her to help me. "I'd love to, thank you Maddy." Jasmine said hugging me. I wasn't at this point in the friendship where I was fine with hugging yet, so I pulled away, smiled at her, and left the room.

 

 

Sunday afternoon, I was packing my bags as Carson took apart the crib and everything else. It was quiet other than all the noise Carson was making taking things apart. Dennis was lying on the bed, on his stomach. I watched as he tried to pull himself forward, but fail. It was probably because the bed was too soft and all the sheets were getting in the way. I rolled my eyes as I packed Dennis's clothes into one of Carson's duffle bags.

It turns out I have a lot more clothes than I though I did. I use to be able to fit everything in my small duffle bag, but now I have Dennis's stuff to account for, and I got new clothes. All of our stuff fit in two big duffle bags, and my one small one. That's because I was also shoving things like diapers, bottles, blankets, and formula into the bags. All of this makes me remember how much I hate packing.

Once I was finished I sat on the bed and watch Carson struggle on how to take apart the crib. If he wasn't so damn stubborn and just read the instructions, he would probably already be done by now. I sat down and watched him try to figure it out. I smiled at the fact he wasn't wearing a shirt, Dennis spit up on it, it really grossed Carson out.

"Do you want the instructions now?" I asked as he contemplated which screw to unscrew next.

"No, I already told you, I don't need the stupid instructs." Carson replied stubbornly as he unscrewed another random screw. Honestly at this point, I think Carson is about to snap the thing in half.

"Well, if you don't hurry up, my mom will think I’m not coming, and she will come down here and get me herself." I watched Carson as he dropped the screw driver and swore under his breath. He slide out from under the crib and glared at me. He wasn't exactly thrilled about the whole situation.

"Fine." Carson replied in his pissed off tone. "I'll read the freaking instructions if it makes you happy. I know you're just in such a rush to leave." Carson snapped at me.

"What the hell Carson." I shot back at him. "I get it you're pissed that I’m leaving, even thought, I don't want to, but you don't have to be a total dick about it." I picked up the instructions and through it at him. It hit him square in the chest, then I picked up Dennis and walked out into the living room were Xavier was watching TV.

Xavier held out his arms and I handed Dennis to him in exchange for the remote. I know, what mother in her right mind would give Xavier her kid for the TV remote, well I would. I flipped though the channels a few time, then decided on watching House. I looked up at Xavier who had Dennis on his chest and he was making funny faces at him. I laughed at them, he was such a dork.

It wasn't long before Carson came into the room with a hoodie over his bare chest.

"Alright," Carson said. "I have everything down. Maddy, you can put Dennis in his car seat, Xavier; I need your help taking stuff out." Xavier got up and handed Dennis back to me as he followed Carson into his room.

By the time I got outside and buckled in Dennis, he was sleeping. I didn't shut the car door because I read a book where the parent let the baby in the car for a few minutes, and it died from the heat. I have learned my lesson and will never read a book with a dying baby in it ever again.

When the car was all packed up Xavier gave me a quick hug and said a very long goodbye to the sleeping Dennis.

 

 

The car ride was quiet. I was quiet because I didn't want to say something to upset Carson and have Dennis wake up. When we pulled up into my mom’s driveway, her and Hannah were on the porch waiting for us. My mom was opening my car door before Carson even turned off the car.

"You're late." My mother said crossing her arms over her chest as I climbed out of the car.

"I'm still here aren't I?" I say as I get Dennis out of his Car seat. Hannah wrapped her small arms around my leg and squeezed it tight. I made sure I had a good grip on Dennis before I shifted his weight to only one arm and patted Hannah on the head.

"Aren't you going to hug me?" Hannah asked looking up at me with her sad eyes. Dear god, help me now.

"Honey, I’ll hug you later, I’m holding Dennis and I’m going to help Carson and mom carry things in. Why don't you go wait inside?" Hannah let go of my legs and overdramatically stomped into the house. I looked to my mom hoping she understood that she didn't choice; she had to help carry things instead of sit there and scold at Carson.

"Hey, Miss Chase." Carson said as he opened up the trunk. My mom gave him the death glare and Carson defiantly saw. I never really got around to telling him that my mom didn't want us together at all. My mom grabbed two duffle bags and walked in the house without saying anything. Carson looked at me confused.

"Alright," He said in a hushed voice in case if my mom came back. "What the hell was that about?" I balanced Dennis on my hip and took the small duffle bag my mom left while Carson grabbed the crib and changing table. Thank god we saved those boxes.

"Well, before my mom told me I had to come home, she might have said to break up with you." I told him avoiding his gaze. Before he could answer my mom came back outside and glared at the two of us.

"Well," She snapped at us. "Will you too stop screwing around and help?" I rolled my eyes at her.

"You know what mom, we got it. Go give Hannah a bath and get her ready for bed. We can do this." I told her as I headed towards the house and Carson shut the trunk, and then followed me. My mom didn't object at all and went to go give Hannah a bath.

When we got in my room, I turned on my light and it was the same exactly way I left it, a complete mess. I put Dennis down on my bed, praying he wouldn't wake up as I quickly cleared out some space for his crib and changing table.

I started to unpack Dennis's things reorganizing them again. I'm pretty proud of myself, I’m never organized except when I’m taking care of Dennis, or putting away his things. Once I unpacked all of his stuff, I decided to wait and unpack my things until Carson left. Carson already put together the changing table and was halfway done the crib. This was because; he read the instructions this time!

"I'm sorry I acted like a total jack a*s earlier." Carson said breaking the silence as he finished putting the last screw on the crib. "I just really don't like this at all."

"I don't like it anymore than you do Carson. If it was up to me, I would stay at the condo. Dennis is safer there and I feel safer there."

"I know you do babe... why didn't you tell me that your mom wanted you to break up with me?"

"Because I didn't see why I should. It would only create more drama and if you get on her bad side, then she probably won’t let you come over here anymore. Plus I wasn't going to and that’s what I told her." I say to Carson as he leaned down on the crib to make sure it was stable. Then he put in the small mattress. I was just realizing how boring the crib was, I’ll decorate it this week. I picked up Dennis and gently put him in his crib, then put some blankets on him. "Sorry I called you a dick earlier." I said to Carson not taking my eyes off Dennis.

Carson put his hand on the small of my back and turned me around to I was facing him.

"Thank you for calling me that, because it made me realize how I was taking this all out on you. You already get s**t from your parents; you don't need it from me." Carson said as he leaned down and kissed me deeply on the lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck kissing him back. Then I heard someone clear their throat very loudly. Carson and I pulled a part; I took a step away from him and looked at the ground. I was assuming it was a lot better than looking at my mother, I could actually feel her death glare boring into me.

"Carson," My mother’s tense voice rang through my room. "It's almost ten o'clock. It's time for you to go home." My mother’s voice said this wasn't an option. Carson gave me a quick peck on the lips.

"Love you." He said as he hugged me, then he whispered in my ear. "I'll come by after school tomorrow." I smiled and gave him a quick squeeze. Carson let go and mumbled a quick goodbye to my mom, then left.

"I will say this again, boys only want sex. You can say he's not like that, but from what I just saw; Carson is like every other teenage boy. He's not good for you Madeline; I don't want you getting hurt like I did. I'm just looking out for you." My mom told me still glaring at me, god she pissed me off. "I want you to say goodnight to your sister and go to bed. I'll get you up at seven thirty tomorrow; you're watching Hannah, remember?" I rolled my eyes. I just wanted her to leave.

"Yes mom, I remember. I will say goodnight to Hannah after I change into some pajamas, so please leave so I can change." My mom walked over and gave me a hug. "I love you Maddy." Then she walked out of my room and shut my door.

I walked over and turned on my lamp, then turned off my ceiling light so Dennis wouldn't wake up. I grabbed Carson's duffle bag that I packed my pajamas in, and opened it up. I stared at what I found, confused because I didn't put it in there. I reached in and took out the square object wrapped in tissue paper. I sat down on my bed and unwrapped in. Inside were two frames with pictures in them. One was of me and Carson before I was pregnant, he was giving me a piggyback in his front yard and we were laughing. The second one, I don't remember being taken, and I can guess why. It was of me and Dennis, both sleeping on Carson's bed. I looked down and saw a small note in Carson's hand writing.

Love you...



© 2011 Julie Beth


Author's Note

Julie Beth
Next chapter going to be funn :)
Also, school starts tuesday, so i'm not going to be writing as much, but i will post more chapters when ever i get a second :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This chapter is really sad. I feel bad for her for being forced to move in with her mother. Carson is sad and I feel bad for him. I don't like her mother right now. I still don't like Jasmine either. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago



ugh go away maddies mom

Posted 12 Years Ago


awwww....this chapter is so cute, minus the whole "Maddy's mom wants her to move out and break up with Carson"

Posted 12 Years Ago


IHATEHERMOMIHATEHERMOMIHATEHERMOM

See, when it comes to understanding a pregnant teen's parent's point of view, I get it. They want to look out for their child, want to take care of them, ectera, ectera, BUT THIS IS TOO F*****G MUCH. She's being a total control b***h. Her DAD could come AND RAPE HER AGAIN. WHAT THE F**K IS SHE THINKING.

Maddy can take perfectly good care of Dennis. And she was safer at the condo. WHAT THE F**K IS THIS WOMAN DOING? She doesn't GIVE A DAMN ABOUT MADDY AND DENNIS, DOES SHE?

The note was super cute. Carson and Maddy (aka Caddy) FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. ♥

xxSuper epic chapter, WRITE MORE NOA.

Posted 12 Years Ago


ihretorgenrjgjler

ghierhgoerigp
rgihergoiergieg

*has died from the awesomeness*

Agreed, her mom is being freaking unreasonable. She was able to take care of her child fine where she was! And her mom was the one that kicked her out of the house in the first place! I mean seriously!

The note was really cute. I loved it.

MORE. NOW. I WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT THE NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE ABOUT!

Posted 12 Years Ago


OKay, so I'm usually really understand on the parent's side of stories and in real life, but maddy's mom is being really unreasonable about all of this. I see how she's looking out for Maddy, but Carson was there for her more than she ever was. O.o Grr...... lol. Great chapter though!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aw! The end was so cute! Great work Julie Beth!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

482 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 1, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011


Author

Julie Beth
Julie Beth

lala land, RI



Writing
Content Content

A Story by Julie Beth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..