Unexpected Chapter 21

Unexpected Chapter 21

A Chapter by Julie Beth

 Someone knocked on the bedroom door. I didn't want to respond, I didn't want to talk. I didn't want to be here. Not with Carson and Xavier and especially not with Jasmine.

"Maddy, can I please come in?" Carson's voice was muffled by the door standing between us. He waited a few seconds and when I didn't answer, he came in. Carson walked over and sat next to me on his bed.

"Why won't you talk to me?" Carson asked as a tear rolled down my face. Carson took his hand and gently wiped the tear off my cheek.

"Why don't you go talk to your new best friend or girlfriend, or whoever the hell she is?" I shot back at him.  Carson sighed and lay down on the bed. He looked funny, because his head was hanging off the side of the bed.

"She's not my girlfriend or my best friend. She can't be my girlfriend or my best friend." Carson replied as he looked up at the ceiling.

"Why can't she?" I lay down next to Carson. The empty space between us was small. I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry on his shoulder. I miss him so much.

"I already have a girlfriend who's my best friend. We just hit a bump in the long road and had to pull over till we could fix the problem." Carson said softly. I turned my head and looked at him; his brown eyes were staring back at me.

"There are so many girls out there that would love to be your girlfriend. Girls that would be a much better girlfriend than I was." Why can't I just be one of those pushy girls that make a move, or better yet, why can't he read my mind? It would be so much easier.

"That's not true, have you seen the looks I get from other girls in the hallway?" Carson retorted

"That's because you picked me when you could have had one of them. I hear everything they talk about Carson, trust me." It was true; most of the girls in our school have a crush on Carson. When word got out that I was pregnant, they thought that Carson was up for grabs, it was hell. Of course Carson is down playing it big time.

"You're the only girl I want trust me." Before I could tell Carson to once again stop with the mixed signals, he turned over on his side and kissed me. For a second I didn't kiss back, but I couldn't help it. All I wanted was to get back together with him. So I did what I knew how to do best, I kissed him back.

"Carson, don't play with my head." I breathed as my head was spinning. "If you don't want to get back together, then don't kiss me I won't be able to handle that."

"I'm not playing with your head Maddy, I need you. I can't live without you." Once the words came out of his mouth, I knew they were true. I didn't know what to say, so I just leaned in and kissed him again.

 

 

"It's called Ewing sarcoma. It's a type of bone cancer."  I told Carson. It was later on that night around 10 o’clock, and we were getting ready for bed, or at least I was. Carson just stripes into his boxers and jumps in bed. I take a bit more time than him.

"Is it bad?" Carson sounded worried. I wish I was five years old again when the worst thing was getting a scrape on your knee. I hated talking about it. I sighed and replied,

"It's stage two. It will be over soon...very soon." I was focusing on trying to get all of the snarls out of my hair. I was turned away from him so he wouldn't see the tears filling in my eyes.

"When you say, it will be over very soon, do you mean..." Carson trailed off. I let out a shaky breath and nodded my head. Carson’s hand took the hair brush out of my hand, and put it on the burrow, and then he wrapped his other hand around my stomach and gently pulled me down.

"I know you don't want to hear this, but it's the truth. No one gets to live forever, especially the good ones." Carson soothed as he ran his hand through my hair.

"But why does he have to suffer?" I sobbed. "He always thought of others before him and is a great person and he still has to die in a painful way."

"I know Maddy it sucks, I know." I put my head on Carson shoulder and cried as he told me everything was going to be alright. Carson right, no one lives forever, but no matter how many times anyone tells me this, I won’t accept it.



© 2011 Julie Beth


Author's Note

Julie Beth
sooo this chapter is just Maddy and Carson talking sorry its so short i was lacking in motivation and it's just one of those filler chapters

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel bad for her grandfather having cancer. My uncle had a rare cancer. He died almost three years ago from it... cancer is a hard, painful, terrible way to die. No one wants their loved ones to suffer. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


grammatically unsound but a good proof read will mend that for you, the story seems to be closing for me

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Thomas Fitzgerald
.memberID. 028
.division. III
.division.leader. Vacant
.name. Thomas
.username. kissaled
.novels. Adrian, Memoirs of a Gay(sha)!
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer
.join date. 06-27-11

Posted 12 Years Ago


i still thought it was good. just two or so spelling mistakes. and i can't wait for the baby to be born! how many months along is she?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Really amazing!! Keep it up, its so adorable!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I thought for a minute that Maddy had cancer and I panicked. Then I realized it was her grandfather and I felt bad... xP
Great chapter! I practically fill my books with filler chapters, so don't worry. Great job!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aw, yay, cuuuuuttee.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I LOVED this chapter, but of coure, Im a huge romance buff. Anyways, enjoyed reading and cant wait to read more

Posted 12 Years Ago


that;'s ok, i thoughtthis chapter was so sweet! They're like a married couple! ^^

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awwwwwwwwwwwww, it's so sad! Poor Maddy. I'm glad she and Carson are kind of back together again. Carddy [Carson/Maddy] is adorable.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yay! They're back together :D hehe... Its so sad about her grandfather but Carson is right... no one does get to live forever :/

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

413 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 19, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011


Author

Julie Beth
Julie Beth

lala land, RI



Writing
Content Content

A Story by Julie Beth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..