Unexpected Chapter 12

Unexpected Chapter 12

A Chapter by Julie Beth
"

month four

"

“Maddy,” Carson called from the kitchen. “Do you want something to eat?”

“Uh, yeah give me one second!”I called back. It was 10:22 on a Saturday morning. I decided that it was time to get out of my pajamas. I went into the closet and grabbed a plain grey long sleeve Hollister shirt. I pulled it on over my white tank top. Then I went in the closet and grabbed a pair of Carson’s black sweats. I could still fit into my jeans, but today it was cloudy out and it was going to rain. For some reason, this type of weather always brought down my mood. So, I dressed in gloomy colors to express my mood.

  I walked over to the mirror and adjusted my hair. Then I remembered I was four months pregnant. I haven’t been paying much attention to my stomach. As long as I could fit into my jeans on school days it was all good, but I was suppose to start showing soon. I slowly lifted up my shirt and tank top and examined my stomach.  

 I let out I sigh of relief. I wasn’t showing….yet.

“Maddy?”I jumped

“God Carson you scared me.”  I breathed as I turned to see him leaning on the door frame. He was wearing a pair of faded baggy jeans with a few rips in them and no shirt.

“Sorry, are you okay?” He asked me his brown eyes were full of concern.

“I’m fine” I replied crossing my arms over my stomach.

“Don’t let what Jasmine said get to you. She’s just a b***h.” Carson said as he walked over and uncrossed my arms.

“I won’t. I’m fine Carson, really.” I gave him the best smile I could pull off, but I could tell he wasn’t buying it.

“Are you hungry?”  Carson asked taking my hand and leading me into the kitchen.

“I guess. I’ll just have an apple and some peanut butter.” I walked over to the brown cabinet and took out a jar of peanut butter. Then I walked over to the black fridge and took out an apple. Carson sliced the apple for me because last time I sliced an apple, I cut my finger and had to get nine stitches.

 I went over and sat down next to Xavier at the counter. I dunked my apple into the peanut butter and was about to take a bite when I stopped.

What if the baby’s alligeric to peanut butter. Would it have an alligeric reaction and die. Oh my god, I thought, I’m going to kill this baby before it’s even born. This is not good.

“Uh, Maddy, are you okay?” Xavier asked looking at me as if I’m going to give birth any second. Carson was giving me the same look.

“No.” I groaned.

“Why what’s wrong?” Carson asked coming over to me to check if I had a fever.

“I’m becoming crazy baby lady.” I whimpered. Carson and Xavier broke out laughing.

“I didn’t expect that one.” Xavier said still laughing

“You’re not crazy baby.” Carson said smiling at me, “I love you.”

“I love you too Carson.” I said returning the smile.

 

"So a thought just accured to me." Xavier said as he took a big bite out of his apple. We were sitting in the kitchen staring at the wall. Carson was at work so we had nothing better to do with our lives.

"Can you please not talk like that?" I asked

"Like what? You mean with my mouth full?" Xavier took another big bite thinking it will annoy me.

"Actually Xavier I ment can you stop talking all smart. I hate it when you decide you want to be smart, it's annoying. Please, just talk normal." I begged

"You wont listen to me if I don't talk all smart."

"Wow make me sound like a crappy friend, why don't you." I said fiddling with the black hair elastic around my wrist. "What was the 'thought' that accured to you."

"Are you makin fun of me?" Xavier narrowed his eyes and gave me the death glare.

"Xavier what kind of best friend would I be if I didn't make fun of you." I replied giving him my best innocent look.

"A normal one." Xavier said under his breath.

"I heard that. Now are you going to tell me about your thought, or can I go?"

"Okay Carson does think that he's the father right?"

"Yes, where have you been for the past four months?" I retorted

"Well, then you guys did....um,like so you guys did do it right?" Xavier said akwardly avoiding my glare.

"Carson knows how the whole process works Xavier." I replied raising my eyebrow.

"So then you guys didn't like use anything?"

I jumped up out of my seat. It's akward enough with him knowing everything else, I didnt need to have a sex talk from him. "Okay Xavier," I held up my head to keep him from cutting me off." You are my friend. Not my mother. I am not talking to you about this because you would be invading my personal life. You want to know this stuff, go talk to Carson. I hope he punches you for it. Now I am going to go get something to eat. We are going to pretend like none of this happened okay?"

 "Alright... Maddy?"

"What Xavier." I said in a fustrated tone

"Are you going to tell Carson." I was quiet for a few minutes I knew we would have to talk about this at some point.

"I'm going to tell Carson before the baby comes. If he wants to stay then he'll stay. If not then I'll go and do this on my own."

"Carson loves you Maddy." Xavier said as he stood up from his chair and walked over to me.

"We'll see how much he loves me when he find out the truth."

"Even if he leaves, Maddy, you'll still have me."

"As a friend." I stated

"As a friend." Xavier repeated nodded his head his agreement. Then he wrapped his arms around me and said, "I won't leave you to do this alone. We'll get through this together no matter what Carson thinks."

 

 

 

 

 



© 2011 Julie Beth


Author's Note

Julie Beth
once again its a short chapter i'm going to start making them longer so tell me what you think please and thank you

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

so its excusable good :) well. i got to go to work, ill read the rest later loveing it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aww really cute chap!

Writing keeps the dream alive
~V~

Posted 12 Years Ago


again you use nicety as a brevelance to stop your story, this will not sooth a reader, merely madden them.

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Thomas Fitzgerald
.memberID. 028
.division. III
.division.leader. Vacant
.name. Thomas
.username. kissaled
.novels. Adrian, Memoirs of a Gay(sha)!
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer
.join date. 06-27-11

Posted 12 Years Ago


I loved this chapter. I think it was somewhat cute. She is being an over protective mother. LOL she's cute. I'm kind of mad that Carson isn't the baby daddy. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Once again, I LOVED it and im completely hooked on this book. I cant wait to find out what happens next!!! Let me know when you post the next chapter!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is actually an AMAZING story. It was featured in the group, so my hobby is to read the books. THIS IS FANTASTIC STORY.
The suspense it freaking KILLING me.

Posted 12 Years Ago


the suspense is killing me! ummm... accured-occured. head-hand. other than that, awesome job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


omg julie, you keep me wanting more every time a new chapter comes out! great job super solver buddy :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


nicely donde julie

Posted 13 Years Ago


ok, some punctuation and some spellin errors. short, yes. amazing, HELL YES!!! this was awesome. one way you can start making them longer is by combining them (ive done it). makes it way easy. and in the last chapter wasnt she only like 2 months??? eh, whatever. either wat its amazinG!! gosh girl, get moving on the next chapter!! can't wait for you to finish this!!! ^_^ and you are welcome (you said thank you) xD

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

745 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 21, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011


Author

Julie Beth
Julie Beth

lala land, RI



Writing
Content Content

A Story by Julie Beth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..