Unexpected Chapter 27

Unexpected Chapter 27

A Chapter by Julie Beth

"Will you stop twitching!?!" Jasmine exclaimed as she attempted to put mascara on my eye lashes.

"Will you stop bringing that thing so chose to my eyes!?!" I retorted. There is a reason I don't wear make-up. It's a pain to put on and hell to get off. I would rather just be my pain self.

"Listen," Jasmine said in a stern voice. "If you don't let me finish putting mascara on your face, then I will put lipstick on you." I sighed in defeat. I absolutely can't stand lipstick. It rubs off when you kiss people, and I hate having the feeling of it on my lips.

"I look like a freaking Barbie doll." I mumbled. As Jasmine finished putting mascara on my eye lashes.

"Well it's a good thing Barbie dolls are pretty." Jasmine retorted as she took out her I shadow kit. I think it had every color and it's shade in that thing. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh don't start." Jasmine complained. She sounded like my mother for a second.

"I don't get why we're still doing this, I won't even see Carson for the rest of the day." Jasmine looked at me with puppy dog eyes.

"I’m doing it because you're having a bad day, and I want to make you feel as good as you can in this situation." She said in her innocent voice. I glared at her.

"Honestly, I think you're doing this so you can have something to do." I said sarcastically. Looking at her with one of my looks.

"Let's do this color eye shadow; it'll accent your green eyes." Jasmine said as she applied three different colors. Apparently you have to blend the colors...I’m very lost when it come to make-up. After she was done, it looked great.

"You should become a make-up artist." I stated as Jasmine started to work on my hair.

"I want to, but my dad wants me to do something productive with my life. Like being a lawyer." Jasmine swore at her dad quietly, and then shook her head. "Alright, stand up; I need to see my master piece." I stood up and let Jasmine get a good look at me. I watched her face light up like a little kids on Christmas morning. "I cannot wait to see the look on Carson's face. This outfit makes your new bigger b***s look great." Jasmine said excitedly as she took my arm. I was starting to feel very self conscious around her, especially when she talks about my body.

 

 

Carson looked up as the door to his English teacher’s room opened. Jasmine stepped in with a smile on her face. Her hair was a little damp from the rain, but for once, she acted like it didn't matter. Jasmine was so happy; she was basically skipping to her seat on the right of Carson.

Jasmine took out a piece of notebook paper and pen. Carson didn't understand why she was in a senior English class and why she had to sit next to him. He thought it was the stupidest thing in the world. Carson was waiting for her to fail out of this class...or school.

Just then a paper flew on his desk. He looked over to his right at Jasmine.

"Open it." She mouthed. Carson looked at her like she was crazy and shook his head. Jasmine gave his a pleading look. Carson sighed, very annoyed with Jasmine and opened the note.

You should go see Maddy. Jasmine wrote on the paper. Carson looked at her and scoffed

You should leave my girlfriend alone before I kick your a*s. Don’t think I won't because you're a girl, I honestly don't care. Carson wrote then tossed the note back at Jasmine when the teacher wasn't looking. Jasmine read the note and looked at Carson in disbelief.

That's rude Carson, Maddy and I are friends now. Plus she looks hot now, you're missing out.

Maddy's always hot and I find it hard to believe that you guys are friends now. You're always a b***h to her. Carson tossed the note back to her. Jasmine flipped her blonde hair out of her face and started to write again. Carson watched as Jasmine hesitated to write something. After a few seconds of thinking, Jasmine quickly wrote and passed it back.

This morning I saw her walking to school in the pouring rain. I couldn't tell if it was the rain or not, but I realized that she was crying. I told her to get in and we went out to have breakfast and she told me how her mom just called her to say that her grandfather passed away. I took her back to your condo and I gave her a makeover so take her mind off of it. Does that make me a b***h?

 Carson raised his hand and asked to go to the nurse. Then got up and walked out of the room, without answering Jasmine's question. Carson went into the bathroom and texted Maddy to meet him at her locker.

When Carson turned the corner and saw Maddy, he stopped. He was completely stunned by how amazing she look. She had on a purple tank top on that covered her whole stomach and left some cleavage, a beige sweater over it, and faded jean short shorts that hugged her perfectly and purple flats. Her hair was in a bun with a few loose strands curled. She also had on mascara and purple eye shadow on.

 Carson always thought that Maddy was beautiful, but he forgot how beautiful she could be, when she wasn’t wearing sweats. He couldn't keep his eyes off her... the old Maddy.

 

 

I don't know why, but I was starting to get uncomfortable with Carson staring at me like that. I can't remember the last time he looked at me like that. Maybe Jasmine was right, maybe I was hiding myself in sweats. The one thing I do regret is giving into Jasmine's begging and wear a push-up bra.

"Hey." I said putting a small smile on my face. Carson too two long strides towards me, wrapped his arms around me, and kissed me. I was hesitant at first because were in the hallway and, well, I’ve never broken any school rules.

"Hey." Carson responded with a smile on his face, and then it disappeared, fast. "Hey," he said a bit sadder. "Jasmine told me about your grandpa, you okay?"

"I'm fine Carson, when I was down there, my grandpa told me that no matter what, he didn't want me to cry, or be sad. It's hard, but I want to do what he said...for him." I explained blinking away the tears. Then I looked up at Carson and smiled a bit more. "You know," I said quietly. "My mom always says that worrying will cause wrinkles. Wrinkles are very unattractive, so you should stop worrying so much before I divorce you."

"We aren't even married yet." Carson said smiling at me.

"We might not be married at all if you get wrinkles." I retorted. Carson sighed, and then asked, "Where did you tell your teacher you're going?"

"Well, I didn't really say where I was going. I had a sub that is against pregnant teens. So when I asked to go somewhere, he cut me off before I could even make up a place and said just go. I don't think I’ll be missed. What about you?" I said twirling a piece of my curled hair to distract me from how nervous I was. Carson told my hand as we started to walk down the hallway.

"I said I was going to the nurse. What do you say we skip this period and go talk in my car for a bit?" Carson suggested. I wasn't about to turn down that offer. I seriously think my sub hates me.

Carson and I ran through the pouring rain and into his car. The second we got in the car, Carson turned on the heat, and then came in the back seat with me so we'd be less noticeable. Some teacher are looking out the window all the time waiting to catch kids for skipping. They need lives and I need to remember to kill Jasmine for talking me into wearing shorts in this weather. What was I thinking?

"You seriously look amazing today babe." Carson said as he put his arm around my belly as I leaned into him. I blushed and put my hand on top of his.

"Hmm, you can thank Jasmine for that one. She was sick of me in sweats. Speaking of which why do you have like a billion pairs of sweat pants if you don't wear them?" I asked as I craned my neck to see his face.

"I don't have a billion, just ten pairs." Carson said defensively. "I only have that much because I wear them to bed in the winter and I know that you love to wear my sweatpants and sweatshirts. By the way, Xavier told me that you were wearing my sweatshirt that night you slept in my room because we broke up. I could tell anyways, it smelt like you and it was warm as if you just took it off, and I remember putting it in my closet the night before. Yet you think I don't notice this stuff, but I do."  I shrugged and giggled.

"What can I say; I had a hard time getting over you. I missed you like hell even though you were in the next room, and, well I was freezing my butt off so I stole it out of your closet." I smiled. Then it was really quiet. I didn't know what else to say. I was about to say something random, but Carson spoke first.

"Are you really friends with Jasmine?" Carson asked as he played with a curly strand of my hair. This question really made me think. I wasn't sure of it; I didn't know what we are.

"I honestly have no idea, I mean she can be a total b***h but at the same time I need a friend" I felt Carson shift and I looked at him and he was looking back at me with his are-you-kidding-me-look.

"You have me and Xavier, we're your friends." Carson stated. I sighed; boys really just don't understand this.

"That's not what I meant. I meant to say I need friends that aren't guys. Friends that I can talk to about stuff I can't talk to you and Xavier about. Also, you are not my friend, you are my fiancé. There is a difference." I stated pointing my finger at him for exaggeration. Carson smiled and I knew he was going to take full advantage of it.

"I can be your friend. I can help you with all the stuff you would rather not tell me." Carson said smiling.

"Really? You’d go bra shopping with me?" I asked waiting for an answer. Carson didn't skip a beat. "Oh yeah," Carson said way too excitedly. “I would help you pick them out, tell you the ones I like. Like that zebra print one you were wearing this morning, that was sexy, I like that one the best." Carson said in his manipulative voice.

"How did you know what bra I was wearing?" I asked confused trying to remember when he would have had the chance to see that.

"This morning when you were 'quietly' getting dressed." Carson replied smirking. I gasped at him.

"Are you kidding me? You watched me get dressed this morning? God Carson!" I exclaimed as he laughed. "I really feel like smacking you right now!" I told him but that didn't help, he was laughing harder now. "Carson come on, stop it. Why didn't you say something, I thought you were sleeping." Carson stopped laughing, but didn't wipe the smile off his face. He shrugged.

"Didn't think it would make a difference. Besides, I’ve seen you in less; I don't know why you're freaking out Maddy. You look amazing, all the time." Carson said giving me a serious look. I leaned my head on his shoulder to hide the fact that I was blushing, and then I changed the topic.

"When I was little, my grandpa told me I could do anything. Of course that's what every parent says to their kid. But when I was at his house, he spent the whole time trying to convince me of that. My mom, Hannah, and I, were the only family he has left. Before I left, he told me that in his will, he left me a big amount of money. I think what I’m trying to say is, I want to keep the baby. I don't know why, but after that weekend with my grandpa, it became clear to me. I can use the money to buy food and diapers and all that stuff. I think it's what he really wanted anyways." I explained. I wait for Carson to answer. I looked up at him and he was looking at me.

"You know I’ll help you pay for that stuff." Carson simply said. I smiled at him as his shift and gave me a quick kiss. "We have to go; next period starts in two minutes." I got up and headed out of the car. Carson came around and took my hand. "I'm really happy you want to keep the baby." Then Carson walked me to my class.

 

 Later that night, Carson and I were watching TV. Well, I was watching TV, Carson was watching me and rubbing my swollen feet. My mom called a little bit earlier, she told me that my grandfather’s funeral would be on Friday morning. Carson and Xavier said they would come with me, which was good. Mom decided it to have it down here in town since it would only be a small service. It was more convenient I guess.

 Xavier finally walked through the door. It was the first time I saw him all day. The only time I actually talked to him was when I texted him during lunch. When Xavier came in he looked at us then stopped.

"Why Maddy," Xavier said in his foolish voice. "You look hot." Xavier smiled as Carson glared at him. I rolled my eyes.

"Where have you been?" I demanded. "I haven't seen you all day." Xavier rolled his eyes. "Awe, did you miss me?" Xavier teased.

"No, I just want to know if you were with a hooker or doing drugs. Oh, were you with Susan?" I Asked as Carson smirked. Xavier looked at me and rolled his eyes.

"I broke up with Susan months ago." Xavier shot at me. Now I felt bad for saying anything. Xavier looked annoyed so I put my hands on my belly and looked down at it. "Sorry, I didn't mean to be an a*s." Xavier mumbled I didn't look up but he was probably only saying that because Carson was looking at him with his killer glare. Xavier stood there for a few minutes waiting for me to say something, but I didn't know what to say. Xavier walked out of the living room and slammed his door.

"Maddy, he didn't mean it." Carson said. I took a breath.

"Carson, why do you think Xavier won't tell us he's gay?" I asked dead serious. He had to be gay, Xavier never use to sneak around like this. Carson sighed.

"Maybe he's not gay; maybe he's dating a b***h and doesn’t want us to know." Carson replied. I shook my head.

"No, he's gay."



© 2011 Julie Beth


Author's Note

Julie Beth
thoughts? :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lol I think he's gay too. Oh well. Nice chapter and I am glad she decided to keep the baby. That makes me a happy woman. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


hes gay :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


OMG, carson's last words made me think that xavier is secretly dating jasmine! Wouldn't that be something? ;) Aw, i really wish the baby was carson's. maddy and hiim are praticallymarried already!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

YES. XAVIER'S GAY. THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE. Amazing chapter, I must read on nooow. If he's not gay, then why is he sneaking around so much? IS HE BEATING UP SOMEONE?! *is suspecious*

CARSON NATION.

Posted 12 Years Ago


OMG
HE'S GAYYYYYYYYYYYY

Posted 12 Years Ago


Things are about to get interesting >:D

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

493 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 16, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011


Author

Julie Beth
Julie Beth

lala land, RI



Writing
Content Content

A Story by Julie Beth