Unexpected Chatper 15

Unexpected Chatper 15

A Chapter by Julie Beth
"

Month 5

"

"Maddy, nice to see you actually showed up for school today." Jasmine said as she pushed her blonde hair over her shoulder. Jasmine had on short gym shorts and a shirt that showed way too much. She leaned on the locker next to mine and smiled her evil smile. Then she spoke a bit louder so everyone around us could hear her. “You look a bit different though, did you gain weight?"

"Go to hell Jasmine." I shot back as I took my gym clothes out of my locker.

"Maddy you're the one who's going to hell, you did committed adultery after all."

"Jasmine, I know who much you enjoy beating me down but, don't you have a class to go to?"

"I'm in class, I got switched into this gym class because my math teacher thought that Algebra 1 was too hard. So now I’m in gym with you and since there was little options on where to put me, I’m in English with Carson." The second Jasmine said this, my insides started to boil. Of course it was bad enough I had to deal with her in gym but now she's going after Carson.

"Why the hell are you going after Carson?! You know he's mine!" I exploded

"You're really that oblivious are you?" Jasmine countered

"What are you talking about."

"I could care less about you and Carson. I'm just trying to show you what it's like to have someone you care about ripped away from you." I tried to think of a time that I ever took anything away from Jasmine, but I couldn't think of anything. We use you be friends when we were little. We got along great. Then one day I came into school and she hated me. I never understood why. I was always too scared to ask.

"I never took anyone, or anything, away from you Jasmine."

"You didn't take anything away from me."

"Then what are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about how Carson just took you away from me." Jasmine said. I saw a hint of sadness flash in her eyes. It was gone in a matter of seconds. I was about to say something but she beat me to it. "You shouldn't be doing gym. Were climbing. If you fall you're going to have a hell lot more problems on your hands than you already do." Jasmine got up and walked out of the locker room into the gym. I didn't know what to say.

I know I should listen to Jasmine but I’ve been sitting around doing nothing forever. I finished tying my shoes and walked into the gym. The gym was a big dome. It had a few bleachers near the entrance. The ropes were hanging from the ceiling and the majority of the girls were already harnessed and ready to belay because they didn't want to climb.

Mr. White told me to go first. I Never like Mr. White. He had cropped grey hair and was always in sweats. He hates me because I don't participate. I went over to where Jasmine was standing. She was the belayer. Two other girls that I don't know were at our station. One was the backup belayer and the other was holding Jasmine one the ground.

I got my harness on and hooked myself up. Jasmine put her hand on my shoulder and pulled me back so she could whisper in my ear.

"Maddy, please don't do this. I really have a bad feeling about this."

"Jasmine, if I slip you guys can just pull the rope."

"I know but Ma-" I cut her off

"Look Jasmine, I really don't like these bipolar mood swings of yours. It's either you hate me or you like me. Either way can you please shut the hell up. I can take care of myself." I hissed. Jasmine put her hands up as if to surrender. Then she took a step back.

"On belay?" I asked Jasmine nodded her head

"Ready to climb?" Jasmine asked. I nodded my head "Climb away."

To pass Gym we had to climb up to the ceiling. I was never okay with heights but Mr. White says fear will only make us fail. I was doing great, I was surprised that I could actually lift me weight but then again, Jasmine and the other girl were helping me out.

A tear slid down my cheek out of nowhere. Luckily I was up to high for someone anyone to speak. I felt bad for snapping on Jasmine. After all she was my friend before Carson and Xavier. Even better, after I ditched her she still cares about me.

I pulled up the rope and inched up a little bit more. I was almost to the top when my feet slipped out from under me. The next thing I know, I was screaming because I was falling.

 

 

"Where are we going?" I asked in a very pushy voice. I was in the car with Carson. After I fell Jasmine and the three other girls in my group managed to stop me from falling before I hit the ground. Jasmine got rope burns all over her hands. She insisted on taking me to the nurse.

I was pretty shaken up but I was more worried about Jasmine. She said that she was fine but I couldn't tell who was shaking more, me or her. Jasmine is a trader, she told the nurse not only that I was pregnant but to call down Carson, who was having a panic attack. Least to say, I had to leave school.

That's how I ended up in the car with Carson who refused to tell me where were going. I looked over at Carson and waited for a response. Carson just acted as though he didn't hear a thing.

This means I had to resort to the hard way. I unbuckled my seat belt and reached for the door. Carson looked over at me and quickly pulled over.

"What the hell are you doing?!?!" Carson yelled

I bit my lip to hold back my smile. Two could play at this game. I opened my door without saying a word, got out of the car, and walked away. Carson turned off the car and followed me.
"Maddy!" Carson said trying to keep up with me without running. Carson caught up to me shortly and put his hand on my shoulder. He walked over in front of me. "What the hell Maddy, do you want to kill yourself?!?!" I shook my head and walked around him.

"MADDY! Will you just talk to me."

"Why should I talk to you if you won't talk to me?" I retorted

"Because I’m mad at you Maddy! You almost killed yourself! TWICE! You knew you shouldn't be doing stuff like that!"

"Sorry Carson, but I’m sick of sitting around doing nothing all day. Sorry I wanted to do gym."

"Why did you almost just out of the car then?"

"Because you wouldn't answer me! How do I know you weren't trying to kill me!"

"I'm your boyfriend, why would I want to kill you! I was taking you to the doctors to make sure you and the baby aren't going to die!"

"I don't need to go to the doctors!" I said as I walked back to the car. I was suddenly wishing that he wasn't talking to me again.

"Yes you do!" Carson said as he opened the car door and shut it after I climbed in. The he walked over to the diver’s side and got in. "You have only been to the doctors once. I've let you blow off all of your appointment but not this time." Carson snapped.

I didn't notice till now that tears were streaming down my face. Carson was the only person who didn't yell at me. If he did then he had a good reason for it.

"Carson." I said softly. "I'm sorry for being stupid." Carson sighed and glanced over at me. He put his hand on my knee.

"You're not stupid Maddy, you're just stressed." Carson said as he pulled the car back on the road. He squeezed my knee and smiled at me and I knew we were good... for now.

"Well I have nothing but good news ." Dr. Green said smiling I felt Carson's hand relax. He was holding it tight, I could tell he was freaking out.

"It's okay?" Carson asked

"It's perfect. I'm surprised, especially since you haven't been here in forever." Dr. Green said giving me a look. I blushed

"Sorry." I said and I looked back up at the ultrasound. I could only tell where the head of the baby was but it was so cute. I didn't want to look away.

"Do you want to know the sex?" Dr. Green asked. My face lit up with excitement

"Can you tell that? Already?" Dr. Green shook her head smiling at my excitement. I look at Carson who was looking back at me.

"Do you want to know?" I asked

"I'm afraid if I say no you'll cry." Carson chuckled. I looked over at Dr. Green and nodded my head. She started to move the little thing that looked like a controller over my stomach. She smiled as she looked at me and said,

"Congratulations, you're having a boy." I looked over at Carson and smiled, I knew I could never be happier than I was now, that's why I had to tell Carson.

 

 

Xavier was at work and it was just me and Carson. Usually, this is how I like it, but not tonight. This was the time that I had been dreading. I know that Xavier said he would be there when I tell Carson, but I couldn't put it off any longer. I had to tell Carson the truth and it was something that I had to do on my own.

I walked into the kitchen where Carson was sitting at the table reading a book. He was wearing his glasses. He hated them but I always thought they were cute. My heart was pounding harder than a bass drum and I was paralyzed with fear. I was thinking of walking away hoping he wouldn't notice, but it was too late, Carson looked up at me.

"Hey." he said putting down the book he was reading. There was no turning back now. I took a deep breath and walked over to the kitchen table.

"Carson, we really need to talk." I said avoiding his eyes.

"Okay, what’s up?" Carson asked a bit curious. There was no easy way to say this I mean how do you tell your boyfriend that you've been lying to him? That he's not the father of your baby. "Maddy?"

"I don't know how to say this." I whispered my voice was shaking as hard as my hands.

"Maddy, no matter what, I love you. I promised you that I won't leave you because I love you." I knew that if I tried to explain this the short way, then words wouldn't form. I decide to just come out and say it.

"Carson, the baby's not yours." I whispered as softly as I could, but I know he heard me. Carson looked at me with an expression that was mixed with confusion, anger, and sadness. His hands clenched his book that he was holding. I could tell that he was trying not to freak out and just listen to me, but that wasn't going to work.

"What do you mean the baby's not mine?" Carson said in a slow pissed off tone.

"I mean you're not the father of the baby." I said staring at the table.

"How Maddy? We had sex!" Carson yelled

"We used a condom!" I shot back

"It broke Maddy!" Carson got up and knocked the chair over.

"I know.... but I was already pregnant when it happened." I said. I was shaking really hard now. There was no getting out of this. Maybe if he heard who the father was, he would listen, he would understand.

"Who's the father?" Carson demanded. I took in a deep breath. Carson already knew everything but this. I had to tell him. For the first time since I walked into the kitchen I stood up, looked him in the eyes, and said,

"My dad."

"That's sick Maddy. You have been lying to me for months. If you don't want to tell me who the father is then screw you!" Carson yelled as he started to leave the room. This can't be happening. Was this all just a lie? Did Carson just pretend that he loved me?

"Carson wait." I said and Carson froze, but he didn't turn to look at me.

"What." he said in a cold hard voice.

"You promised me that when things get bad, you wouldn't leave. Was that true or was it all just meaningless words." I cried as tears poured down my face.

"You know Maddy," Carson whispered his voice was shaking and he was avoiding eye contact. I knew without even looking in his eyes that he was hurt. "I know that I promised, but that was before I knew you were lying to me about the baby.”



© 2011 Julie Beth


Author's Note

Julie Beth
Just in case if the world does end saturday, i wanted to let u know who the father was

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ooh. It IS the father! I was WRONG! *cries in a corner*
Wowza. That was great new installment. I'm interested to see why Maddy told Xavier first and not Carson. Why Carson took Maddy away from Jasmine. I'm having a feeling that someone's lesbian... Just saying.
Very well done. Write more now, or I'll send my army of zombies to MAKE you write :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

>.< glares.
saw it coming
still not happy though
i dont like carson very much
havent really from the beginning
lol

Posted 12 Years Ago


I WAS RIGHT!!!!!! OMG I WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!! IM ALWAYS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!! BWHAHA anyway I kind of hate Carson now.

Writing keeps the dream alive
~V~

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sheer upheavel is always a good sign in a story, you are grabbing our attentions once again.

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Thomas Fitzgerald
.memberID. 028
.division. III
.division.leader. Vacant
.name. Thomas
.username. kissaled
.novels. Adrian, Memoirs of a Gay(sha)!
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer
.join date. 06-27-11

Posted 12 Years Ago


OMG wow...that's just terrible....I really don't like her father at all...I feel bad for both of them...but she shouldn't have lied...she should have told them.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I knew it!!!!! Omg, this was incredible super solving buddy. Thankfully, our super solving skills saved the world, so now you can finish your book :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is really well written so far. You keep the plot moving and interesting. Good job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ooh. It IS the father! I was WRONG! *cries in a corner*
Wowza. That was great new installment. I'm interested to see why Maddy told Xavier first and not Carson. Why Carson took Maddy away from Jasmine. I'm having a feeling that someone's lesbian... Just saying.
Very well done. Write more now, or I'll send my army of zombies to MAKE you write :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OH MY GAWD!!!!!! Just like Sarah, i thought it was going to be Xavier. But OMG. cant wait to read more

Posted 12 Years Ago


The world isnt going to end.
BUT HOLY WHOA!!!
I thought it was going to be Xavier. Dude.
Carson, he needs to man up, but you spot-on ot how a guy would act to that. Maddie was raped (more than likely since the father is her father) and he didnt care.

WRITE MORE!!! NOW NOW NOW!!!!


Posted 12 Years Ago


Very good Julie, now write more i wanna know what happens


Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

640 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 19, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011


Author

Julie Beth
Julie Beth

lala land, RI



Writing
Content Content

A Story by Julie Beth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..