Unexpected Chapter 13

Unexpected Chapter 13

A Chapter by Julie Beth
"

month 4

"

Carson!" I screamed as I looked in the mirror at my pale stomach, twisting at all angles to make sure I’m not insane. I was wearing a grey tank top and an old pair of white short that I usually go to sleep in. Carson ran into the room in a pair of dark grey gym shorts. His auburn hair was tousled. Xavier ran in after him with a wooden baseball bat. Xavier’s brunette hair looked black water dripped down on his bare chest. He had a black towel wrapped around his waist.

"What happened?" Carson and Xavier urged simultaneously.

"I am showing! My life is over Jasmine is going to make my life a living hell." I stated. Xavier sighed annoyingly

"Are you kidding me you just screamed bloody murder because you have a world’s smallest bump on your stomach?" Xavier stated

"You know I screamed for Carson, Xavier." I retorted

"Well you know, when you scream like that, I kind of think you're hurt or something so sorry." Xavier snapped "Now if you're not dying and you don't need me then I’m going to go back to taking my shower." Xavier turned around and went to the bathroom.

I could tell that he was pissed because he slammed the door making a loud bang! The silence made me uncomfortable. I felt bad. Tears started to well up in my eyes.

"I like the little bump. I think it's cute." Carson said as he walked up and wrapped his arms around my waist, touching my bump. Carson looked in the mirror and saw a tear roll down my cheek. "Hey, don't cry. I'll take care of Jasmine. You're not alone in this." Carson whispered to me as he kissed my cheek.

"I don't care about Jasmine." I mumbled.

"Then why are you upset?" Carson asked a bit confused.

"I got Xavier mad and now he hates me." Carson sighed and replied,

"Xavier can't hate you; you mean the world to him. If anything happened to you, he would be a mess. He's just in a crappy mood and it's not because of you. Trust me."

"Why is he bad mood?"

"It was something I said last night when he got home from work. You were sleeping, it was late, and I was tired. I just wanted to go to bed and Xavier got home. I guess he got into a fight at work and they fired him. I told him that it was kind of his fault for not walking away. I didn't realize what I said till I said it. I didn't mean it now he's really pissed off." Carson explained

"He was fired?" I exclaimed as Carson nodded his head."Can't he call his boss and try to get his job back?"

"No, His boss was pretty ticked off. Xavier called his boss this morning and tried to talk to him about getting his job back. His boss told him that it was too late because he already hired his replacement."

"How?!" It's been less than a day since he was fired!"

"I guess the guy that's replacing Xavier was the replacement for another guy that Xavier's boss was going to fire. But the other guy didn't get fired I guess."

Now I feel even worse. I know it's not my fault that Xavier got fired, but I did make him even more mad than he already is. Now Carson is the only one who's paying for the condo. That's not going to work out, he doesn't make enough alone.

"Maybe I should get a job." I said softly

"Maddy you don't need to get a job." Carson said

"Yeah but you're the only one working now. You can't pay for the condo and food all by yourself. Plus I haven't helped out at all money wise and-"

"Maddy, listen to Carson." Xavier said as he walked in the room in black shorts and a white t-shirt."I'm going to go out and apply to places today. You don't need a job you have too much to worry about already. You're pregnant, your grades are going downhill, and you still have to put up with everybody’s crap. We'll be fine, don't worry."

"Are you guy's sure?"

"Were positive." Xavier said. "Sorry I snapped on you Mad's, I didn't mean it."

"I know you didn't."

"Love you?" Xavier gave me the look that I knew so well

"Love you." I said smiling. Xavier walked over and did our secrete hand shake that we made when we were five. I felt Carson chuckle,

"You guys are dorks." Carson joked

"Not as big of a dork as you are dude." Xavier retorted

Carson was about to make some snappy comeback when my stomach growled. Carson and Xavier looked at me.

"Crap Carson, we forgot to feed your girlfriend." Xavier said

"We did, didn't we?" Carson replied as he looked at me through the mirror. "What do you want for breakfast?"

I should probably say something simple like bacon and eggs, but for some reason I don't want breakfast for breakfast. I never really liked breakfast anyways. I already knew what I wanted for breakfast. The question was do we have it, could they make it, and would they laugh. Well I know that Carson can cook but he might pretend to be a bad cook because of Xavier.

"Okay you can't laugh promise?" I said

"Promise." Carson and Xavier replied looking a bit confused.

"I really want grilled chicken."

"For breakfast?" Carson asked still looking a bit lost.

"Well, yeah, you wanted to know what I want and I really want grilled chicken."

Xavier looked at me with a strange expression and said,

"Well I’m very sorry Maddy but we are crappy cookers so how does a doughnut sound?"

Carson sighed and kissed my forehead. "I defrosted some chicken last night, I'll go make you some."

"Really?!?!" I asked getting very over excited for my grilled chicken.

"Yep. I'll call you when it's ready." Carson said as he walked out of the room to go make my chicken.

This just left me and Xavier. I realized that my tank top was still pulled up over my stomach. I pulled it down. I looked at Xavier and he was staring back at me. He looked like he wanted to say something, but he wouldn't let himself. I guess that means I have to ask.

"So, you look like you want to say something. What's up?"

"I love you and I know I may be a jerk sometimes and crap but I just wanted you to know that." Xavier said

"I do know that Xavier."

"I know.....there's something else too." Xavier hesitated

"And that would be.." I waited for him to answer

"You have to tell Carson, Maddy. I almost said something last night when he got me mad. I ca-" I cut him off.

"You almost told him?!?!" I hissed

"I know, I know but I stopped myself before anything bad came out." Xavier rushed

"So then what did come out?" I demanded

" I said 'well at last my girlfriend isn't pregnant by' then I stopped myself."

"Didn't he ask what you were going to say?"

"Of course he did he wouldn't let something like that go."
"So then what did you tell him?"

" 'well at least my girlfriend isn't pregnant by a jerk like yours is.' "

"Oh god Xavier." I sighed

"Look Maddy, I can't keep this secret forever, you're going to have to tell him at some point."

"I'm going to tell him, I’m just waiting for the right time."

"Well the time is coming." Xavier stated

"Will you tell him with me?" I asked

"Yeah, I told you I’m not going to let you go through this alone." Xavier said. Right then Carson walked in.

"Maddy, it's ready." He said blankly and then he walked out. My eyes grew wide as I stared at Xavier. He was thinking the same thing I was. Did Carson just hear our conversation?



© 2011 Julie Beth


Author's Note

Julie Beth
yeah sorry this is taking so long motivation thing i guess so ill try to be more motivated to write this
this chapter is eh but yeah
also am i rushing this?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

ahh im reading on!!!

Writing keeps the dream alive
~V~

Posted 12 Years Ago


The ultimate uphill anticipation, how strenous on a reader.

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Thomas Fitzgerald
.memberID. 028
.division. III
.division.leader. Vacant
.name. Thomas
.username. kissaled
.novels. Adrian, Memoirs of a Gay(sha)!
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer
.join date. 06-27-11

Posted 12 Years Ago


Uh oh....I don't know what Carson is gonna do...and I'm really nervous about that..can't wait to read more. I can't wait to see who the father actually is. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I loved it as usual, BUT WHOSE BABY IS IT???? Cant wait to read more

Posted 12 Years Ago


Excellent! Write more now!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


lol I like the part where there like "We forgot to feed your girlfriend" too. That was hilarious xD I wonder if Carson heard.... I think he did:D Great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


omg, i'd love to find out oif he really did learn that they were hiding a secret. They r gioing through so much for just being teenagers.
angels-angles
carp carson-crap
LOl, that was funny. "we forgot to feed your girlfriend.' it was like he was talking about feeding a goldfish or something. :p

Posted 12 Years Ago


Dude I wanna know what happens, oh wait, I DO, i feel so inclusive, love u Julie great job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


LOVE IT
WRITE MORE NOW
NOW
MOW
NOW
:3

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

488 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 11, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011


Author

Julie Beth
Julie Beth

lala land, RI



Writing
Content Content

A Story by Julie Beth