Unexpected Chapter 38

Unexpected Chapter 38

A Chapter by Julie Beth

  I woke up in the morning to the sound of a door slamming. I was still squished between the wall and Carson, who was still dead asleep. I craned my neck to see the clock and it was six in the morning. My heart skipped a beat, Dennis didn't cry last night. What if my dad took him? What if I never see him again? I quickly climbed over Carson, not caring if I woke him up, and ran over to Dennis's crib.

"What's wrong?" Carson mumbled in a raspy voice, still half asleep. I looked in Dennis's crib and he was there, sleeping soundly with his fist in his mouth. Just breathe, I told myself. I need to stop being so damn paranoid.

"Nothing, I’m just being paranoid, go back to sleep." I say as I climb over Carson and wedged myself between him and the wall again. Carson got out of bed and walked over to my closet. He shrugged on a pair of his sweat pants and climbed back into bed. He sighed and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Getting cold?" I asked.

"Go back to sleep, Dennis's fine." Carson told me ignoring me. "You know if your mom catches you worrying, she'll give you the whole wrinkle speech again. Personally, I don't think wrinkles are sexy at all." I rolled my eyes; usually Carson tells me I look beautiful no matter what. Maybe I should wake him up more, just so I can get the truth out of him. 

"Shouldn't you be getting ready for school?" I retorted as I kicked him lightly so he would get up. Carson kneed me in the thigh.

"No, I’m staying here today, now shut up, I’m trying to sleep." Carson grumbled sounding piss off. He really wasn't a morning person at all.

  Minutes later, Carson's breathing went steady and deep, he was asleep again. I on the other hand, I was wide away by now. I quietly and lightly climbed over Carson making sure not to wake him up.  Then I snuck out of the room and into the hallway, and downstairs. 

 The house was still quiet, which was usual because usually mom was up by now...I’m even going to wonder why she's not awake yet. I creped down the stairs, the lights to the living room were still off, but the kitchen lights were on. Maybe I was wrong, maybe mom was awake. As I quietly made my way to the kitchen for some coffee, I realized, it wasn't my mom who was in the kitchen. I winced against the bright light and sat down at the kitchen table.

"Morning John." I say just to make my presence known. His back was to me, making coffee. He cleared his throat and grabbed a mug. I expected him to at least say something but instead he nodded his head without looking at me. I find it funny how just yesterday he was all excited to meet me, and now he won't even say good morning to me. I knew it was an act to impress my mom.

  I rolled my eyes and got up. I went over to the cabinet and got a coffee mug and started towards the coffee machine. John was still standing there, in front of the coffee machine, just blocking my path. Now I was starting to get annoyed, and it was only six in the morning, that's cool...dick.

"Excuse me John," I said in an annoyed tone to let him know he was starting to piss me off. John still didn't move. I sighed clearly annoyed and rolled my eyes. "Can you move so I can get my freaking coffee already? He slowly put his coffee cup on the counter, reached into his pocket, and turned around.

  My heart started to speed up as my dad's cold brown eyes stared back at me. My eyes trailed down to the hand that he just pulled out of his pocket. In that hand was a big, sharp pocket knife. My eyes widened in shock.

"W-w-why are y-y-you h-h-here?" I stuttered, trying not to sound weak. "W-w-why do you w-w-want Den-n-nis so badly?"

"Because he is my son." My dad replied lifting the knife.

 

 

 

   Carson was half asleep and half awake, when a high pitched, blood curling scream made him shoot up. Carson looked over and realized Maddy wasn't in bed. He jumped out of bed and ran into the hallway so fast, he almost knocked down John who looked just as frantic as Carson felt.

"Maddy's not in her room." Carson said quickly. John's eyes widened as Maddy's mother came out into the hallway. A small noise came out of Maddy's room, Dennis was crying. Carson didn't blame him.

"Jen, Carson, go get Hannah, and go in Maddy's room. Do not come out until I come and get you" John demanded as he yanked open the closet door in the hallway to get a weapon.

Screw this s**t. Carson thought as John had his back turned. Carson wasn't going to wait around. Before John could do anything, Carson ran down the stairs, barley touching any of them. He heard John curse and call after him, but it was too late, Carson was already in the kitchen.

 The first thing Carson saw was Maddy on the ground, blood gushing out of her stomach. Carson ran over to her and pressed down on her stomach were she was stabbed.

"Oh s**t Maddy, come on baby, wake up." Carson sobbed with tears in his eyes. Maddy couldn't die, not like this, not this young. Carson didn't want his last words to he said to here were shut up I’m trying to sleep.  

 Carson jumped up and grabbed the house phone. He was about to call 911 when something smacked the back of his head, hard. The he blacked out.

 



© 2011 Julie Beth


Author's Note

Julie Beth
you know, i'm getting excited cause i'm almost done with my first book, but i'm sort of depressed that it's almost over, sorry this one is super super short.
Notes to all you amazing people reading this book:
Fafa: Maddys dad's name is Mark
Grace: Thank you for your help :)
Everybody: Thank you oh so much for putting up with me, espacillay for you like four that review pretty much all of my books, i seriously love you guys your comments make me laugh

Also i would like to put out there, I really don't have an Issue with Dad's or Mom's. I'm saying this because in all my books theres always something with the parents when really i'ma huge daddy's girl and even though my mom can seriously piss me off, some of the best moments in my life happen with her around. So i don't have issues with parents i don't know why i always make them mean in my books, i'm just that screwed up

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This chapter scared me sensless. Maddy! I want to kill her father even more now. I can't believe her own father stabbed her! I want him dead!! Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


UGH
WHY
DO
HER
PARENTS
SUCK
SO
BAD
meh
I HATE THEM

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh my god!!! No! I hate Maddy's dad so much right now. Ugh.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aw, everyones condemming ppl named Mark...I have an Uncle named Mark...He was at marycates bday party, he's Heathers dad, and my godfather. and lets not forget Mark from Rent. He's an awesome Mark. Hooray for Marks (just not this one)

Posted 12 Years Ago


OH MY GIBBS. WHAT THE FLIP IS SHE DEAD?!

*has died*

But... No... STUPID MARK. ALL PEOPLE NAMED MARK ARE IDIOTS. (sorry anyone named Mark who's NOT an idiot).

I KNEEEEW HIS NAME WAS MARK. MARKS ARE CREEPERS.

But... Nooooooo. Maddy CAN'T die! But... It WOULD be a good way to end the book....

*is still dead*

Cannot... compute... must... shut... down...

Posted 12 Years Ago


OH
MY
F*****G
GOD!

IS
MADDY
GOING
TO
F*****G
DIE?????

DOES
MARK
HAVE
DENNIS????

WRITE
MORE
WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Writing keeps the dream alive
~V~

Posted 12 Years Ago


OH
MY
F*****G
GOD

WHAT THE F**K WOMAN
WHAT THE F**K LADY
WHAT THE F**K
OH
MY F*****G GOD
WHAT THE F**K?

DOES MARK HAS DENNIS NOW? HOLY S**T. LORD SAVE US ALL. WRITE MORE. BECAUSE I HAVE TO F*****G KNOW.

F**K THIS S**T.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Lol, nooooooo! I neeed moooore noooooow!

Posted 12 Years Ago


OH MY GOD HE STABBED MADDY???????????? WHAT THE HECK? O.o What happened to Dennis? Did Mark get him or what? O.o Oh my gosh write more like NOW or else you can say Bye Bye to Joelle ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

528 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 10, 2011
Last Updated on September 11, 2011


Author

Julie Beth
Julie Beth

lala land, RI



Writing
Content Content

A Story by Julie Beth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..