Unexpected Chapter 14

Unexpected Chapter 14

A Chapter by Julie Beth

 

I walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table. Carson put the grilled chicken in front of my without saying a word. Then he went into his room and shut the door. I slowly started to eat my grilled chicken (Which tasted like the best chicken in the world). My mind was wandering, thinking a million things at once. My heart was pounding so hard, I thought it would pop right out of my chest.

What if Carson leaves me? Tears started to well up in my eyes and stream down my face. Xavier walked in a few minutes later and a look of panic shot across his face.

"Maddy, what’s wrong? Are you okay? Are you hurt? Do you need a doctor?" Xavier question. They just kept coming out of his mouth. I couldn't keep track of them.

"Xavier," I said cutting him off. My voice was raspy and small. "Is Carson going to leave me?" I was partially sobbing at this point in time. I wish I could stop time or rewind it. Keep all of this from happening.

"Why on earth would he leave you?" Xavier blurted out

"Because I'm keeping this huge secret from him. I'm leading him on and it's not right because he's such a good person and I’m not." I replied sobbing uncontrollably

"Maddy, you have a reason for why you're keeping this from him, a really good reason. You're not a bad person."

"If I wasn't a bad person, then I would have told him by now."

"Fine, but if you're a bad person then I am too." I was about to say something but Xavier cut me off."I'll go talk to Carson and see what's up." Xavier kissed my forehead and left the room. I still feel like a bad person. I don't care what anybody says, I know it's true.

 

 

I was freaking out because I didn't know what Carson heard. Xavier came into the kitchen and looked at me.

"Did you talk to him?" I asked quietly. Xavier looked at me and said,

"Yeah I talked to him, he said didn't hear much. Actually he didn't hear anything. Or at least that's what he said, he could be lying." My heart started pounding even harder than it was before. I didn't think that was possible at this point but apparently it was.

"You're not making me feel better by saying he could be lying." I said

"Well you know, you could always go ask him yourself." Xavier said as he gave the look that said 'if you don't go talk to him then I will and it won't end well'. I sighed and go up. I put my plate and silverware in the dishwasher and then walked down the hall to Carson’s room.

The hallway was dark. All the doors were shut tight and the window let in no let. It was pouring outside. The sky was almost black, we must be getting a storm soon. I went up to the last door on the left-hand side. I didn't know if I should knock or just walk in. I didn't know what he was doing though and he only shuts the door when I come over so Xavier doesn't bug us. I decided it would be best if I knocked.

I tapped my knuckle on the door really lightly so it barley made a sound, hoping that he wouldn't hear it and walk away. Then if Xavier asked I could just say he didn't answer. Too bad Carson decided to have bat like ears now and not when I asked him to turn down the volume on the TV. at two in the morning.

"Yeah?" Carson called out from the other side of the door. He sounded normal but, with Carson, you never know.

"Can I come in?" I asked in a very small voice. I heard footsteps come up on the other side of the door. When the door swung open, I saw Carson. He changed out of his gym shorts that he usually sleeps in, and changed into a pair of faded blue jeans with rips in them, and a black t-shirt.

"It's your room to you know. You don't need permission to come in." Carson said. His voice was flat and his face was emotionless. It didn't look so good right now.

"Yeah but," I said looking down at the floor. "Your door was shut and your doors never shut. I didn't know what you were doing or if you wanted to talk or something..." I stopped talking because I realized that I was rambling. I tend to do that when I get nervous.

"Maddy?" Carson asked. I look up at him "Did you want to talk?" I nodded my head as Carson stepped aside and let me into his room. Or is it our room? I don't know and I don't feel like thinking right now so I’ll just say it's his room.

I didn't know if I should sit on his bed or just stand here. It would really help me out if I knew what Carson was thinking.

"Um, are you going to sit down or.." Carson trailed off. I should probably sit down. I think I’m making him nervous. I walked over and sat on the edge of his bed. Carson came over and sat next to me.

I didn't know what to say. It would seem weird just to say 'he did you hear me and Xavier talking about the secrete?' but it also seemed weird to be sitting her saying nothing. Carson took in a deep breath and said,

"Candy corn." I looked over at Carson and he smiled back at me. It was so random that I had to laugh.

"What?" I said still giggling. Carson shrugged his shoulders.

"It seemed tense and awkward and it looked like you didn't want to be the first to talk so I did."

"Why candy corn?"

"I was thinking of the time we had a candy corn fight one Halloween." Carson said. I remember that Halloween. I was twelve and Carson and Xavier were fourteen. Carson and Xavier went as a monk(which was a bad choice because I don't think monks swear) and I went as a nurse. Nobody goes trick or treating in the estate where my dad lives. I don't know why. I, Carson, and Xavier took Hannah trick or treating for my dad. Of course she was only three years old at the time, but that's how you score all the good candy.

Mrs. Angel had bought a bunch of candy corn. Since nobody came she gave use all five jumbo sized bags of them. Me Carson and Xavier were out till two thirty in the morning throwing candy corn at each other. Let’s just say, it took us all of Sunday morning to clean up my dad's lawn.

"So what's up?" Carson asked causally

"Oh nothing much. Just being pregnant and all. You?"

"Oh nothing much. Just dealing with my pregnant girlfriend and all." Carson nagged my arm playfully. I looked down at my hands and started to twiddle my thumbs.

"So did you hear what Xavier and I were talking about?" I asked avoiding Carson’s eyes

"I don't know, did I?"

"I'm serious Carson."

"It's a secret." My heart dropped. This was all I need to hear to know that he heard it. I don't even know if I want to know how much of it he heard. I couldn't back down now though. I had to find out.

"Do you know what the secret is?"

"Nope."

I sighed. I knew I would have to tell him but I didn't want to lose him. Not yet.

"It's bad isn't it?" Carson asked

"Yeah. Carson th-" Carson cut me off

"If it's bad I don't want to know. Not today at least. There's already a lot going on. Another day Maddy, just not today." Carson got up and walked out of the room. I was about to go after him when I hear another door close. I looked out the window and saw Caron walking away in the pouring rain.

I am a bad person...



© 2011 Julie Beth


Author's Note

Julie Beth
so yeah tell me what you think please and thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow. That was an insanely emotional chapter, but there are a few errors. Secret doesn't have an e at the end.

When doing dialogue:
"You're not making me feel better by saying he could be lying." I said
You want to say:
"You're not making me feel better by saying he could be lying," I said.
You put a comma when making a statement and adding a"someone said". You also forgot a period.

Great job though. WRITE MORE PLEASE.


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

darn. intensity.
im sucked in...and at school so if i dont comment on each chapter
im very sorry
but i LOVE it!
I WANT TO KNOW!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Uh
"All the doors were shut tight and the window let in no let."
You should say
"All the doors were shut tightly and the window let in no light."

Writing keeps the dream alive
~V~

Posted 12 Years Ago


emotions fly away with fancy, tactile and flat

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Thomas Fitzgerald
.memberID. 028
.division. III
.division.leader. Vacant
.name. Thomas
.username. kissaled
.novels. Adrian, Memoirs of a Gay(sha)!
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer
.join date. 06-27-11

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awe this was a sad chapter. I really did enjoy it though. I feel bad for all of them..I really think Carson found out...can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very depressing, but I love the way you described the candy corn fight. Nicely done Julie!

Posted 12 Years Ago


few puncuation and spelling errors. all to be done later though. XD so amazing. i wish he hadnt just cut her off. jerk. but i think he knows. does he? write more!!! i survive off of this story!!! xD

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, i liked this it's all serious and tense. i wonder what the secreat is..please reveal it soon!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow just wo. Very emotional great job:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow. Very good. Incredible.
MORE NOW...!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great job!!! Cant wait to read more. .

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

663 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 14, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011


Author

Julie Beth
Julie Beth

lala land, RI



Writing
Content Content

A Story by Julie Beth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..