Unexpected Chapter 26

Unexpected Chapter 26

A Chapter by Julie Beth

  I felt bad for keeping Carson and Xavier up until one in the morning, so I didn't wake them up for school. I figured I would let them sleeping in, since we had study hall first. I left a note in the kitchen for Carson and Xavier, got ready for school, and left early to walk there, I needed to clear my mind anyways.

I took a sweatshirt this time and I’m glad I did because it's freezing out and it looks as though it might rain. The walk to school was about twenty minutes. I was almost there when my cell phone rang. I took it out of my pocket and looked at the caller id.

"Hey Mom." I said into the phone. I wait for her response, but none came. I could tell she was there, I could hear her shaky breath on the other end. "Mom?" I heard my mom take another breath.

"I have some bad news baby girl." Baby girl? There something my mom hasn't called me since I was five. I was starting to worry.

"What's going on?" I asked shaking a bit as I wait for my mom to answer.

"Sweetie, I’m so sorry, but your grandfather passed away this morning." My mother said crying. I stopped walking confused. I hung up the phone as tears well up in my eyes. Oh course as if on cue, it started to pour. It was raining so hard, I could barely see two feet in front of me.

I was walking for me few more minutes, when I heard a car beep its horn. I looked over and saw Jasmine. "Get in the car Maddy." Jasmine shouted over the pouring rain. I just looked at her and gave up. I wasn't in the mood to fight. I went around her car and got in the passenger seat. The car was warm and I was soaked. I looked over at Jasmine and she was looking back at me.

"Thanks." I said in a soft voice. Jasmine started to drive very slowly. Thank god for that because she's not really a good driver.

"What class do you have first?" Jasmine asked as she turned off the radio.

"Study hall." I responded. Jasmine nodded her head.

"Did you eat breakfast?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"I like to go out for breakfast. I was thinking we could go, and then I would take you back to the condo to change, and drive you back to school." Jasmine offered. I was about to turn her down, but I was cold and hungry.

"Alright." I said and a big smile shot across Jasmines face. "By the way," Jasmine said. "Happy belated birthday."

When we sat down for breakfast, I told Jasmine everything. For the first time in years I felt like she was my best friend again. I never realized how much I missed her until now. I use to be able to tell her everything, and then we split apart. I'm now just realizing how much I need a friend that's not a boy.

 

 

Jasmine paid for breakfast. I tried to pitch in but she told me it was a birthday present. I was shocked that she even remembered when my birthday was after all these years.

Jasmine was driving me back to the condo when my phone went off. It was a text message from Carson asking me where I was.

"Who's it from?" Jasmine asked as she kept her eyes on the road.

"Carson, he's just being paranoid." I responded reading over Carson's text message and sending him a reply.

"It's only because he cares." Jasmine responded as she pulled up to the condo.

I told Jasmine she could come inside with me. I let her follow me into Carson's room. She sat on the bed as I looked in the closet for some new clothes. All of my sweat pants were in the wash, so I pulled out a pair of Carson's thinking he won't care.

"Hey, Carson wants to know if you're going to school and why you're not there now." Jasmine said reading the text message from Carson. Jasmine looked up at my and sighed. I turned around and saw she was giving me a disgusted look.

"Tell him I’m going, and that I’m with you getting clean clothes." I said pulling out Carson's black sweat pants. It always gets me so annoyed that he has so many pairs of sweat pant, but he never wears them. I'm going to ask him about that. "What?" I said as I stripped out of my soaked sweats and put on Carson's.

"Maddy, you're so pretty, but you're hiding that in sweat pants, all the time." Jasmine said dramatically as she got up.

"Here" Jasmine tossed me my cell phone. "You text your boyfriend while I find you something pretty to wear." Jasmine walked over to the closet and started digging through all the clothes. Most of it was Carson’s; mine were all in my duffle bag still. Carson keep's giving me hell for not unpacking it, but every time I try, something stops me. I don't know why either.

"I don't think people are going to care about how I dress Jasmine, I’m pregnant. They're going to be staring at my belly, not my clothes." I retorted as I responded to Carson's text message.

"What about Carson, he's your fiancé. He does everything for you. So you should look great for him. Maybe not every day, but as much as you can. Starting today." Jasmine started to sound more cheery towards the end of her small speech. I looked up to see why she got so happy and saw Jasmine pulling out my duffle bag. Now I’m screwed.

"Jasmine today’s really not a good day for this. I mean everything that’s happened with my grandpa… besides, that's all my old clothes...before I exploded. This means, they’re not going to fit me." I told her as she opened it. Jasmine smirked.

"All the more reason to do this. You need to get your mind off your grandpa Maddy. You miss him, I get it, but thinking about him is only going to take you down and I know he wouldn’t want that for you. Maddy, trust me. After I’m finished with you, you will be perfect…physically, mentally, and emotionally." Jasmine stood up looking at me. "Now that I think of it, you could use some make-up too." I sighed, now that I think of it, I should call Carson and tell him to save me before Jasmine recreates me.



© 2011 Julie Beth


Author's Note

Julie Beth
so this is really short sorry about that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I still do not like Jasmine. She is a terrible person no matter how you look at it. She may care, but still I wouldn't trust her if I was Maddy. Thanks for shsting. Can't wait to read on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


that was a mad quick shift there...

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow, well golad to see jasmine has a change in character...it's a bit weird. :P

Posted 12 Years Ago


AW. HER POOR GRANDFATHER. I was being a sad.

Yay for friendship!

Posted 12 Years Ago


YAY FOR FRIENDSHIP.
I hope they be BFFs, and no Jasmine become a b***h.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yay more friendship! (: Jasmine seems alright..... for now at least lol. Can't wait to read more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


i like how Maddy and Jasmine are starting to become friends again. but, i don't like how Jasmine acts nice one second and nasty the next. anyways, Maddy is still as funny as ever.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

365 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 14, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011


Author

Julie Beth
Julie Beth

lala land, RI



Writing
Content Content

A Story by Julie Beth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..