Unexpected Chapter 10

Unexpected Chapter 10

A Chapter by Julie Beth

 I jumped out of bed and ran down stairs as fast as I could. I hit the last step and stopped so fast, I almost fell down. Hannah's screaming didn't stop. I couldn't see her through all the smoke.

  I started to cough as the smoke intoxicated my lungs. Then I heard a voice. My head snapped in the direction of the living room where it was coming from. I run around the corner into the living room. The tan couch was on fire and smoke was everywhere. Then I saw Hannah on the ground screaming, burning, and dying.

 "Just remember Maddy," My father said. " from this point on, it's all your fault." My dad laughed at my horrified face as I watched my five year old sister burn to death. Then my world went black.

 

 Something smacked the right side of my face, hard. I shot up.

  "Are you okay?!" I looked up and saw Xavier. His hazel eyes looked as if he were scared.

 "Where's Hannah?!" I demanded urgently

 "She's downstairs watching t.v. in the living room." I didn't even let Xavier finish. I ran downstairs as fast as I could and into the living room. Hannah was sitting on the couch watching a rerun of Dora the Explorer.

 "Hannah, Hannah are you okay?" I wrapped my arms around her.

 "I'm fine sissy." Hannah said looking a bit confused. Xavier came down the stairs looking even more confused than Hannah was. I kept hugging Hannah as a tear slid down my cheek. "What's wrong sissy?"

 "I just had a bad dream. I want you to listen to me. I love you no matter what and I will never let anything happen to you. Do you understand?"

 Hannah nodded her head.

 "I love you too Maddy." Hannah said as she whipped the tears off my cheek.

 

 "Will you stop looking at your stomach. It's flat as ever." Xavier said putting his beer on the nightstand next to Carson's bed.

 "You don't have to be in here you know." I snapped back

 "I'm watching T.V.!" Xavier exclaimed

 "There's a T.V. in the Living room and in your room." I retorted still checking my stomach at all angles to make sure there wasn't a bump.

 "Well it's lonely in there and i'm just saying that from what i've read, you don't show for another month or whatnot. So stop freaking out because you're not going to become a balloon over night.

 I turned to look at Xavier. "Why are you reading pregnancy books? I'm not even reading pregnancy books."

"Because I have to put up with you, I want to know what months I should keep a good distance from you."

"Funny, you know you're a crappy best friend." I said pulling my shirt down over my stomach.

 "If I was a crappy best friend then I would have told Carson about your nightmare, but I didn't. That makes me a great best friend." Xavier said taking a swig of his beer.

 One thing i'm not sure about is how Xavier and Carson get their beer. They can't buy it because they're under age, but i've always wondered about it. I'll have to ask Carson, I can never get a straight answer out of Xavier.

 "You didn't tell Carson because you knew I would kill you."

 Xavier ran his hand through his brunette hair and laughed. "I could take you down."

 "No you can't you'll get so scared that you hurt the baby, that you'll have a panic attack." I laughed.

  When Xavier found out that I was pregnant, he freaked out. He thought he killed it from when we were messing around earlier. I know it's bad but I couldn't help but laugh at Xavier. He was so scared it was funny.

 "Would not." Xavier replied stubbornly as the front door opened and shut. After a few seconds of scielence, Carson walked in.

 "Hey," Carson said as he wrapped his arms around me.

 "Hey." I replied cheerfully as he leaned down to kiss me.

 "Hey!" Xavier exclaimed. " Get a room! Oh wait, it's too late. You already knocked her up." Xavier started laughing to himself.

"Why is Xavier on our bed?" Carson asked

 "He wants to be a pain." I replied

"God," Xavier said. "can't a guy watch T.V. without being questioned?"

 "If it was a normal guy, then yes. But you're not normal so no." Carson replied. Xavier stood up, took a swig of his beer, flicked Carson off, and left the room.

 

 I opened my locker, grabbed my history book, and a few folders. I was putting them in my bag when my locker slammed shut. I looked up only to find Jasmine Cash looking back down on me with her dark blue eyes.

  Jasmine has been in my life ever since preschool. She hates my guts and I have no idea why.

 "Yes, Jasmine?" I asked slightly annoyed

 "Come with me Maddy." Jasmine demanded.

 "I can't Jasmine," I said standing up " I have to get to class."

 "Whatever nerd." Jasmine grabbed my arm and lead me into the school bathroom. Then she checked all the stalls to make sure no one else was here, before she locked the door.

 "Hi Maddy." Jasmine said cheerfully leaning on the locked door so I couldn't make a run for it.

 "What the hell Jasmine, I'm going to be late!" I exclaimed

 "I don't care you have study hall so you wont miss anything." It freaked me out that she knew what I had right now, I never told her. "I need to talk to you and the longer it takes you to shut up and listen, the longer we'll be here." Jasmine snapped pushing her long wavey blonde hair out of her face as I sighed.

 "Fine, what do you want?"

 "What I want is answers." I had to try really hard not to laugh at her. She was trying to act all serious but really she looked stupid.

 "Well, we didn't have any math homework so, I don't know what kind of answers you're looking for." I retorted

 "Look Maddy, i'm not stupid like the rest of this school. I notice things."

"If you noticed things, then you would notice that you're stupid." That pissed her off. She came right up to me and slapped my face with full force. I got to say, I was suprised. I didn't think she had the guts to slap someone, let alone that hard. I gasped out in pain. My hand went up to my right cheek where she just hit me. I looked in the mirror only to find a red outline of her hand.

 "Now, Maddy, if you would shut up and listen to me, that won't happen again. I have been noticing how you have been missing a lot of school in the past two months. Now I know a lot of people miss school but, it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I really noticed what was going on.

 Two weeks ago Carson came into school late and you didn't come in at all. In the past two months you've missed at least twelve days of school. To top it all off yesterday in clay, you ran out of the room and threw up. I don't think you've been sick maddy, I think you're pregnant."

 "No Ja-" She cut me off.

"You can try and convince me your not but it won't help. I see the way Carson looks at you Maddy. Its changed. He used to look at you like you were the prettiest girl in the room. Now, he looks at you like you need to be protected 24/7. Like he could lose you at anytime." Jasmine stopped and looked at me with that grin that I hate so much. "You know Maddy, teen pregnancy's never end well. Usually it's too much for the father to handle and he walks out. Then He finds a prettier and smater girl. I'm going to be that girl. Just thought you'd like to know that. Well, this has been a nice talk but, i'm late for class so bye." Jasmine unlocked the door and skipped down the hallway as if she had just won the lottery.

 I took my hair down the ponytail it was in and tried to cover the red outline of Jasmine's hand. Then I headed off to study hall hoping that Carson and Xavier wouldn't notice.

 

  Since this was my first late to study hall, the librarian let me off with a warning.

 Then I walked over to where we usually sat. Carson was sitting on one green couch and Xavier was sitting on the other. I walked over and sat next to Carson.

 "Dude," Xavier said. "were the hell have you been?"

 "No where." I replied

 "You're fifthteen minutes late. You had to be somewhere." Xavier Interrogated

 "Look I was just talking to someone and we lost track of time." I stated as I leaned the left side of my head on Carson's chest.

 "Carson kissed my forehead and pushed the hair out of my face. By the time I realised what just happened, It was too late.

"Maddy, what happened to you?!" Carson exclaimed

 "Nothing Carson, it was nothing." I rushed as Xavier came up to me and looked at my cheek.

 "That's not nothing Maddy. Someone hit you hard." Xavier stated

"Look it was my fault okay so don't worry." I said

"How the hell is this your fault?" Carson questioned.

 "Because I told Jasmine she was stupid and she got pissed and slapped me." I replied

 "God what the hell is her problem." Carson hissed standing up. "Tell me what she said!"

"Just that she noticed that I was missing school."

"What else Maddy?"

"Why do you always assume there's more?"

"Because I know you Maddy, what else did she say?" Carson demanded.

 "She just something about teen pregnancy's not working out and how the father would always leave for someone prettier and smater like her." I whispered avoiding his glaze. I didn't have to look at him to tell he was hurt.

 Xavier tilted my head to the left bit to get a better look at my face.

 "Car, she's gonna need ice." Xavier said.

 "Alright, i'll be back." Carson kissed my head and left the room to go get ice.



© 2011 Julie Beth


Author's Note

Julie Beth
so I kind of thought it sucked but yeah...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Okay, here's the thing. . . I LOVE IT O FAR!!! Ive read from chapter one and its been absolutely captavating (I probably misspelled that). I wish I could read more but its 'late' and dad's nagging me to go to bed. Stupid school in the morning. Anyways, cant wait to read more, YOU GOT ME HOOKED!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i liked it.
that girl is a b***h.
but i want carson to freak out!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This seems to veer from the original plan a little, the use of name game playing tires even the most placid of minds, well written.

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Thomas Fitzgerald
.memberID. 028
.division. III
.division.leader. Vacant
.name. Thomas
.username. kissaled
.novels. Adrian, Memoirs of a Gay(sha)!
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer
.join date. 06-27-11

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a sad write...I hate that Jasmine girl...she will never get Carson. I doubt he will leave Maddy for that ugly thing. I hope Maddy doesn't get hit by her again and Carson yells at that girl...I can't wait to read on...this is hooking me.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Okay, here's the thing. . . I LOVE IT O FAR!!! Ive read from chapter one and its been absolutely captavating (I probably misspelled that). I wish I could read more but its 'late' and dad's nagging me to go to bed. Stupid school in the morning. Anyways, cant wait to read more, YOU GOT ME HOOKED!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

read this before and forgot to comment. just re-read it and now am going to comment.
this chapter is amazing. though im starting to think carson is a bit abusive...he seems oddly violent as he demands answers from maddy in the ending. given that i know what happens at the end of the next chapter, i say wow, if he flipped at the jasmine thing, wait till he hears that.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ooh, it was just a dream. Thank Rassilon. I'm interested to see what part Jasmine(sp?) plays in this. Reading on to the final chapter you have up...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Loving it Julie dear! Keep it up!

Posted 13 Years Ago


A few typos but nothing major. THis was a good chapter. I hate her father! Just throwing that out there ;) And I'm glad Hannah's alright! She's too cute to die. I wanna know if Xavier and Maddy talk in private too. I don't like Jasmine either. :/ lol Great chapter!

Posted 13 Years Ago


iu'm-i'm
Scilence-silence
smater girl. -smarter
schoolo-school
yeaq, i'd say it's going well. i wonder if xavier told carson to get the ice so he could talk to her in private? i guess i'll have to see! ^^ and thank goodness she was just having a dream at the beginning.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm so excited for the next chapter! This is turning out really well Julie, keep it up! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

578 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 1, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011


Author

Julie Beth
Julie Beth

lala land, RI



Writing
Content Content

A Story by Julie Beth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..