The Fallout- Chapter 3- November 17th- 6:45 PM

The Fallout- Chapter 3- November 17th- 6:45 PM

A Chapter by John Duprey
"

Kyle faced his toughest ordeal of his life in Chapter 2, but how does the aftermath affect him and the people around him?

"

I walked about fifty feet away from the market still crying, and I’m glad no one can see me right now because the streets are dark and dead; ironically, the same emotion I am feeling right now. I feel like so much has happened and I feel like I have no control and no power to do anything. So much violation. All I want to do is hide myself from society and cry. I have to pull myself together once again because my mom is expecting me home anytime now. But I can’t stop crying. It takes me a couple of minutes to stop and start walking again. I finally dry my face by the time I got to my front door. I opened the door and everything was dark. I assumed that my mom was just upstairs taking a shower. I closed the door and just as I started turning back around.

            “SURPRISE!” The lights came on and I jumped. My family was here. It was a party for me. It was a celebration for me getting a job. My mom, my older brother Brad, who is in the military so I don’t get to see him very often and I’m glad he is here, and my grandma is here. I smiled a little, or at least tried. My mom came over to hug me. I gave her a slight hug.

“How was your first day?” she asked smiling.

“It was good.” I told her. I didn’t show much expression at all.

“Congrats little buddy!” Brad told me as he leaned in for a hug. I hugged him tight because I missed him and I haven’t seen him in like seven months. I smile at him. Seeing Brad makes my whole situation a little bit better, but not much.

“We made you a cake of congratulations for getting a job.” my Grandma Lucy told me.

“Well, I am glad you did” I told all of them. After about forty-five minutes of talking on how my day has went, my brother and my grandma decided to head home. My brother is staying with her because he is an off-duty officer in the military, but my mom and he have had their fair share of disagreements and he was kicked out the house when he was eighteen. He decided to join the Air Force and they have since made up, but they don’t talk much. He lives with my grandma, fifty miles away, so very rarely do I get to see them. She took him in because she feels bad for him. I am proud of him every day.

            After everyone leaves, I go up to my room and leave all my lights off and just cry because nothing could cheer me up after what has happened. I usually try to be an upbeat and positive person, but when you get raped, it changes everything. I can still feel his hand touching me. That f*****g b*****d. Why would anyone do this? Why did this have to happen to me? 

            Nothing like this has ever happened to me before, not this drastic. I have had an interesting last couple of years. Years I don’t like, years that have been hard, years I don’t want to remember. It first started when my parents got a divorce. My parents were constantly bickering because Brad was getting into trouble a lot but sometimes not by his own doing. One time he got framed for vandalism and my parents were on opposite sides of the line based on where to punish Brad. My Dad believed that he was a good child and did not do any of the trouble that people says he did. My Mom saw a way different story. She is much stricter and believed that Brad was a trouble child and deserved to face the consequences. My parents continued to fight and bicker over it over several months. Eventually, they got a divorce. My dad moved out because my mom owns the house we are living in. The next couple of months was challenging too because Brad and our mom were fighting a lot and right after Brad’s eighteenth birthday, she kicked him out. I lost my Dad and Brad within three months and that was two years ago. Now, my mom and I are sort of distant from each other because I disagree with things she has done. I have been depressed off and on for the last two years because what has happened. My mom has tried putting me on medication for it, but it just made it worse.

            Shortly after my Mom tried to put me on medication, I revealed that I was gay. I go to a small school, so word gets around very quickly. I was constantly being picked on and bullied about being gay. Every day was a struggle because someone would pick on me about something. A year ago I did consider suicide, but I chickened out. I have hid that I almost attempted suicide because I don’t want to go into a psych ward or some s**t. F**k that! But now, I don’t even know anymore. I can’t tell anyone which is the bad part.

I wake up to nightmares some nights. It just great! Awesome way to wake up.

Everything that has happened over the last two years has just come to mind and it just makes me think. Why am I even here? I have nothing to live for. Life is hard and life is full of s**t. I think over the last two years and what good has happened? Nothing. Nothing good has happened to me. I got a job, ooooh, big excitement. I hate being bullied and being picked and judged for something that I choose to be. The events that have been just hovering over me just waiting to strike has made my life hell, and what happened tonight just topped the cake. I swear, everyone wants a piece of me before I die. 


© 2015 John Duprey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I understand that Brad and his mom don't get along very well but I don't understand why she would kick her son out. I like how there was a surprise party for him but he doesn't want it very much. I'm hoping his family will realize that there is something wrong with him. Very well written.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I can definitely relate to Kyle and his situation. I've never been bulled exactly, but I'm bisexual, so I know how he feels. I say people should be loved and accepted for who they are. People shouldn't be so judgmental. Very well written chapter and I look forward to reading more.

Stacey

Posted 8 Years Ago


John Duprey

8 Years Ago

I'm bisexual as well so I loosely created Kyle as me. Some experiences he goes through, I've gone th.. read more
Stacey

8 Years Ago

I think that's awesome. I say be who you are. Don't deny who you are just because of what others thi.. read more
Why would his mom kick her own son out? She doesn't seem like the best of moms. Where's the next chapter? I'm dying to read more!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
3 Reviews
Added on December 17, 2014
Last Updated on May 20, 2015

The First Day


Author

John Duprey
John Duprey

Northfield , VT



About
John Duprey, that is my name. I reside in Vermont and I'm currently working on my first novel, The First Day. I'm a Vermont portrait and landscape photographer. I'm 19 years old and my interests vary .. more..

Writing
Gas Gas

A Poem by John Duprey