Objection: Suicide #2 Chapter 21- February 10th- 6 PM

Objection: Suicide #2 Chapter 21- February 10th- 6 PM

A Chapter by John Duprey
"

Kyle is in complete shock over the death of his brother, Brad. Kyle has had enough once again, and this time he is for real.

"

            “Is what’s happening right now real? Is this the truth? Is he dead?” I cried. A tear flew down my cheek like a racecar.

            My dad sighed. “Yes, Kyle. We lost Brad.” He was teary-eyed as well. My heart is pounding, I never got to say goodbye. He’s gone, forever.

            “Kyle,” he sighed as he walked towards me.

            “No!” I yelled. I sprinted out of the room as quick as possible.

            “Kyle!” I hear my mom yell at me.

            No, this isn’t happening to me. My brother died. My mind is racing, I can’t focus on anything but I know there is one left thing to do. I may be self-centered once again, but it is for my own benefit, and everyone else as well. At the moment, I don’t care. I may have survived what I’ve been through, but I never should have. This time, I’m going to make sure I don’t.

            My mind is racing on ideas on how to end it all again. I reached into my pocket to put my hands in there, and I remembered I had my mom’s car keys. My escape is getting home. Once I was out of the ICU, I took off spiriting again. My heart is beating out of my chest, my breathing is getting hard, and I hope I can get out of here before someone catches me, especially my parents. I get many weird looks, and “watch outs!” from many people, but I didn’t pay much attention to them. I knew my parents are going to alert them about me and what I’m capable of, including my mental state. I’m so close to the door, only twenty feet away. As I reached the door, I saw a bunch of people chasing after me.

            “Stop!” A security guard shouted at me, but I paid no attention. I pushed the door open. As soon as I opened the door I hear a blasting alarm. Sounded almost like a car alarm just louder.

            “Attention all guests! This building is now under a lockdown!” I hear the announcement as I run out of the building. I look behind me and no one is chasing me. The door must’ve automatically locked as I shut the door, and they probably didn’t have time to open the door again before it shut completely. I analysis where I was. I remember that my mom and I parked in the doctor’s office parking lot on the other side of the hospital. I sprinted over to the other side of the building. I feel really winded. I feel like I’m going to pass out. Get yourself together, Kyle. You know it needs to be done. It was hard to find my way because it was dark out because night time was on the horizon. I knew I was in the right parking lot, but finding my mom’s car is a different story. I knew I didn’t have much time, I felt the pressure overcoming me, I know I need to get out of here, and quick. My only way to find my mom’s car was the continuously hitting the unlock button, and my mom’s headlights will flash. I ran to the first section of cars and hit the unlock button. No good, I didn’t see anything. I ran to the second section of cars, I hit the button, no good. F**k. Where is it? I’m wasting time.

            “Hey you!” A flashlight appeared in the distance, possibly fifty feet away in the other direction.

            S**t, it’s a guard. Great. I sprinted towards the third section of cars, I hit the button, and I hear a “beep beep” noise with headlights and taillights flashing. There it is. I ran as fast as I could to the car, and I know the guard is right behind me.

            “Stop right there!” He repeats. I don’t listen. I proceed to get in the car. I turn the key. Come on, come on, and start! It turned over. Finally! I see the guard coming fast in the review mirror. I put the car in reverse, and slam on the gas. The tires squeal. I slam on the brake and quickly shift the car into drive. I take off, I know I need to get out of there quickly. I reach over and turn the headlights on, I didn’t even fool with putting my seatbelt on, but at this point I could care less. I’ll die one way or another. I haven’t driven very often, but I do have my license so I can drive. I wasn’t a very fast driver when I was with my parents, but I going to learn how to be one. I speed out of the parking lot and onto the street, I headed straight for the interstate, I knew that was the quickest way to get my house. I didn’t want to take the way my mom and I this morning because I want see the section of road where my brother suffered his death sentence.

            Usually, the drive there takes about thirty minutes, but I reached Hill City in just over fifteen minutes. I didn’t want anyone to catch me, so I have to act quickly. I drove carefully through town because I didn’t want to attract attention to myself. My house was about a five minute drive into town from the interstate. I pull onto Main Street, and I see my house. The coast is clear. I pull in, and I realized I made an absolutely huge mistake. Two police cars are blocking my house in my driveway.

            “S**t!” I yell. I swing my hand to the shifter and crank into reverse. When I’m about to hit the gas I see a third police car pull up right behind at horizontal angle. I’m blocked in. I immediately put the car in park, and jump out. I try to run to the back of the house.           

            “Stop!” Yelled one of the officers. I stopped turned and notice that every single officer, which was about five of them had their guns drawn on me. “Don’t move!” He says once again.

            “Go ahead!” I raise my arms in the air. “Do it! F*****g shoot me! I’m done!”

            “Kyle, it’s okay,” another officer said.

            “No its not!” I yell back. Wait!  How do they know my name? “How do you know my name?” I ask. The officer retreats his gun, as do two others. The officer starts to walk towards me, the other two follow suit. “Stay back!”

            “It’s your Uncle Harry,” he tells me. S**t. I forgot that my dad’s brother, Harry is a police officer for Hill City. “It’s okay, Kyle.” He tells me once again. He gets closer to me.

            “No, don’t touch me.” I say as I slowly back away.

            “Kyle, you need to go back to the hospital,” he tells me.

            “No, I don’t!” I run. I ran for the backdoor. They follow me. I run about ten feet, I’m about thirty feet from the backdoor. I look back to see that my uncle is still chasing. He’s catching up. I’m almost there. But I never make it. I face plant on the ground after I tripped on a tiny stump. But of course I would, it is just my luck. I smashed my head on the ground, I was dazed, but I knew what was going on the whole time.

            “This for the best for you, Kyle,” my Uncle Harry tells me. I feel a tight locking feeling on my wrist. I knew he had handcuffed me. My run is over. I’ll never get to finish what I had planned. Damn. I just want to commit suicide again. I thought about everything that I just did, completely impulsive behavior. I thought I knew what was best for me, and I went off like a firecracker, and I couldn’t control myself once again, but I was caught this time. I really fucked up this time because the hospital isn’t taking any chances with me anymore. I knew this will be the last time I see my house for a long while because my parents are going to put me in the mental hospital.



© 2015 John Duprey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, I was really hoping Brad would survive, but at least he's in a better place now. Very sad but a good read. Can't wait to find out what happens next.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Added on May 20, 2015
Last Updated on May 20, 2015

The First Day


Author

John Duprey
John Duprey

Northfield , VT



About
John Duprey, that is my name. I reside in Vermont and I'm currently working on my first novel, The First Day. I'm a Vermont portrait and landscape photographer. I'm 19 years old and my interests vary .. more..

Writing
Gas Gas

A Poem by John Duprey