He Doesn't Know? Chapter 22- February 10th-6:45 PM

He Doesn't Know? Chapter 22- February 10th-6:45 PM

A Chapter by John Duprey
"

After being caught by his uncle, Kyle tells his uncle why he ran back to the house.

"

            All the bright blue lights are blinding me as my uncle escorts me, in handcuffs to his police car. I can’t believe I’m basically being arrested and escorted by police back to the hospital. I want to scream, and let everyone know how pissed off I am that they wouldn’t let me die. All I ever wanted was to get inside, lock the door and slice my wrist to pieces again! I know my parents are going to be more distraught and disappointed in me because of my little stunt I just pulled. I’ll be lucky if the police doesn’t press charges against me, but I think I’ll be cleared of that because of my mental state. Now, they are going to put me in a place with a bunch of crazy people because they think, “that’s the best thing for me”. The specialists may know how to help me, but they can only help if I let them. Maybe I’ll just run away, that way I can end my life in peace. 

            Uncle Harry opens the backseat door with his right hand, and he had me in his left hand, he puts me in the back softly. My uncle Harry has always known about my situation, but I haven’t really talked to him in over a year because my dad and he don’t get along well, but I know he would always be there for us if we needed something. He shuts the door behind him. He walks around the car to get to the driver’s door. I sigh and droop my head down. I don’t look up at him, I don’t want to look at anyone. In a way, I feel ashamed once again, but I’m always looking what is best for me, and in the heat of the moment, this is what is right for me because I know I don’t deserve living on planet.

            “So, Kyle, I’m assuming everything hasn’t been going very well?” He says bluntly.

            “What makes you say that?” I reply in a sarcastic remark.

            “Well, being that you wanted my partner to shoot you, and that you tried running to the door trying to get away from us. I’m getting the impression that life isn’t going so well for you at the moment.” Duh, of course not. I totally forgot that I told his partner to shoot me. I wish he did shoot me because so my parents wouldn’t have been as disappointed in me as they would be in the officer.

            “No,” I say. “I guess I’m not okay.”

            “What’s going on? Because last thing I knew that your mother told me was that you were still recuperating at home, and you had a doctor’s appointment to see how your wrist was healing in a couple of days.”

            “Everything is going on.” I say softly, not trying to regain his attention on me.

            “Anything in specific?” He asks. I sigh, he probably doesn’t know about Brad yet, so I should be the one telling me I suppose.

            “Yes, there is,” I sigh once again. “My older brother, Brad was in a car accident today.”

            “Oh no.” He looked concerned. A moment of realization came across his face like he knew something. “I was on-call earlier today, and I was patrolling downtown when I heard that there was a collision on the route heading towards the hospital. I didn’t go to the scene because I was patrolling downtown, and I didn’t want to leave my area, but now I wish I did. Is he okay? What happened? I bet your parents aren’t doing great because you just got out the hospital and now this happened.”

            “No, it really hit them hard. It hit me hard as well. The reason I fled the hospital and sped here was because I was trying to commit suicide again.” I looked away. I crunched my eyes as tears came rushing in.

            “Why?” He asked.

            “Because Brad died!” I said loudly while sobbing. His face flushed, and I knew he knew how serious the situation was, and I knew that it hit him hard as well because I saw a tear roll down his face.



© 2015 John Duprey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
Added on May 20, 2015
Last Updated on May 20, 2015

The First Day


Author

John Duprey
John Duprey

Northfield , VT



About
John Duprey, that is my name. I reside in Vermont and I'm currently working on my first novel, The First Day. I'm a Vermont portrait and landscape photographer. I'm 19 years old and my interests vary .. more..

Writing
Gas Gas

A Poem by John Duprey