The Horrid Next Day- Chapter 4- November 18th, 7:30 AM

The Horrid Next Day- Chapter 4- November 18th, 7:30 AM

A Chapter by John Duprey
"

After Kyle spends his night crying to sleep, he doesn't expect his next day of school to be just as worse as the night before.

"

I don’t want to get out of bed, but it’s already 7:30 and my mom is already gone to work, and I need to be to school in thirty minutes. I force myself to get out of bed and walk over to my dresser where I grab just some gray sweatpants and a t-shirt. I walk over to the bathroom and get undressed. I quickly glance at myself, I just see disgust. I look over my body, the cut on my hand is pretty deep, but I don’t care at this point. I’m really surprised that no one noticed it because it pretty noticeable. My wrists are still sore from when they were tied, and I got a bump on my head where it got smashed into the back on the van. I sigh and turn off the light to the bathroom and head for the kitchen.

            I don’t feel like eating whatsoever, so I just grab my black sweatshirt and head out the door. It’s chilly this morning. The sun is shining, but it is one of those morning where it is cold. I walk to school because it is only a ten minute walk from my house.

            I reach inside my sweatshirt pocket and grab my phone and headphones. I blast my music as I walk because tuning out the world is my only option. I’m almost to school when all of a sudden, I feel something hit me in the back of the head. “Keep on walking you tiny f*g ha-ha!” A truck passes me and its Jake and his “gang”. These a******s are the ones who pick on me the most. I wonder how they we will feel when I’m dead. They can go die in a hole for all I care. I keep walking and I finally reach the school. My body is an ice cube.

            I made it there two minutes before the bell rings. I pull up my hood on my sweatshirt and just walk to my first period class, I don’t want to see anybody, not even Jamie.

            The bell rings and the classroom starts to fill up. A lot of stupid people are in this class, fist pounding each other, tea bagging each other and just acting stupid. I just sit in the back and watch because I don’t want to attract attention to myself, plus I don’t need to get into any of their stupid little so-called games.

“Hey Kyle, you know what my girlfriend told me last night?” asked one of the stupid jocks.

“What’s that?” I barely murmur.

“She said I could finger her hard all night, would you like that? Oh, wait, never mind, your gay! Queer!” All of his jock friends throw crumpled up pieces of paper and pencils back at me and started cheering for him. I just lay on my head on the desk and pretend they’re not there. Why of all days do they to pick on me! I’m not in the mood whatsoever! I wish I could just blast my eardrums out with music, but I can’t because we’re not allowed to listen to music unless the teacher tells you it’s okay and Mr. Ernest never lets us listen to music in his history class. Well, f**k you Mr. Ernest!

            The day goes by very slowly because I have no classes with friends, so I’m stuck in the back of every classroom until lunch, which I have the last lunch, but the only good thing is that I get to see my friends, but right now I don’t want to see anybody, I want to be left alone. I guess I will just have to put a fake smile and go with it. It seems like every day gets harder and harder, but nothing I can do. My mom found out one time that I was getting picked on and she called my principal and he talked to all the jocks, but it didn’t help, they just picked on me more and called me a tattletale. So, I’ve learned not to tell on anyone. It’s a bad habit that I should’ve broken a while ago, but never did. Those are always the hard memories. Finally, my last class is over, now I can go to lunch. I walk out of my fifth period class with my hood up and music on. I start walking to the stairs out of the high school, when all of sudden, I find myself laying on the ground. I quickly take out my headphones and look up.

            “Watch out gay boy!” Jake yells as he wraps his arm around his girlfriend. They keep walking. Everyone is staring at me and laughing at me. I slowly pick myself up and just walk off. I feel my face get red and I feel embarrassed of what just happened. After I’m out of sight of everybody, I dart into the bathroom. The automatic lights were off, so I’m the only one in there.

            I find an open stall and shut the door behind me. I sit on the toilet and just cry. I’m f*****g sick of everything and just want everything to be over! Why does everyone have to be so mean? I just sit there and think. I still don’t feel like eating, so I’m just going to stay in here for the whole entire time for lunch! I’m just in tears, I’m trying not to cry, but it’s hard not to. Suddenly, I had to pull myself together, I heard two guys coming in.

            “Man, what an adrenaline rush seeing these weaklings crumple!” I can tell easily its Jake talking.

“Yeah I know man, that Kyle is the easiest.” David is with him, I pretty sure that is his voice, it’s one of Jake’s “gang” members.

“If Kyle would just go kill himself it would be less targets to pick on so we can concentrate on other weaklings, like Kyle’s little friend Jamie!” Jamie would beat the s**t out of those two, Jamie is strong which makes him attractive to me.

“I wouldn’t want him to kill himself dude!” David tells him. Finally! Someone who has someone some pity and sympathy for me.

            “Why’s that?”

“Because then we wouldn’t have as much fun harassing their asses if he’s gone.”

            “Haha, yeah man, that’s so true!” They both laugh together as they start to walk out of the bathroom.

            I finally hear their voices trial out of the bathroom and I come out of the stall. I look at myself in the mirror.

“Maybe I should kill myself.” I say out loud.



© 2015 John Duprey


Author's Note

John Duprey
I know I haven't published a chapter on here in a while, but I recently just got a review, and I figure if people are reading my story, I will continue to publish chapters.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poor Kyle. He shouldn't be subjected to this bullying just because he's gay. Gay people rule! I don't understand why people feel the need to torture them because they are different. It's not right.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Maya Jane

8 Years Ago

I was treated the same way! Although, I was harassed a little more by the males than the females bec.. read more
John Duprey

8 Years Ago

Well that's good that he didn't punish you for your actions. Your feelings were legitimate, and I im.. read more
Maya Jane

8 Years Ago

It doesn't seem like you are like that now. I understand that completely though. That is probably wh.. read more
What the hell? David and Kyle are d*****s! Kyle has way too much going on in his life and they're just making it worse! I hate people like that. Is Kyle going to end up with anyone? I think gay relationships are the cutest thing ever.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 18, 2015
Last Updated on May 18, 2015

The First Day


Author

John Duprey
John Duprey

Northfield , VT



About
John Duprey, that is my name. I reside in Vermont and I'm currently working on my first novel, The First Day. I'm a Vermont portrait and landscape photographer. I'm 19 years old and my interests vary .. more..

Writing
Gas Gas

A Poem by John Duprey