Shock of Her Life- Chapter 11- January 6th- 8:30 AM

Shock of Her Life- Chapter 11- January 6th- 8:30 AM

A Chapter by John Duprey
"

Kyle is gone. Or is he? Can Kyle be revived from death or does his family have to deal with the aftermath of losing their son?

"

            Heather’s hears her cell phone faintly ringing in her purse as she sits at her office chair. Hill City High School Calling. She doesn’t hesitate answering the phone.

            “Hello?”

            “Hi, Mrs. Jenson?”

            “Yes.”

            “Your son, Kyle was going to use the restroom about thirty minutes ago and he never returned. I’ve had a few people check the restroom and around the building and he is not here, do you know where he could be?” The principal asks. A sense fear washes over her as she tries figure out what to do.

            “Um…I’m going to leave work and check at home, I feel like he could’ve gone back home for some reason.”

            “Okay, Mrs. Jenson. Let us know if he is there.”

            “I will, thank you.” She hangs up the phone. She quickly grabs her jacket off of her chair and proceeds to her manager’s office. She rushes in there and finds her supervisor typing at her computer.

            “Sarah, I need to rush home, the school called and they can’t find him. I’m worried something is wrong!”

            “Go ahead!” Sarah seems concerned about the situation. Heather rushes out of the building runs to her car. Her work is only a few minutes from home so it won’t take long to get there, especially if she rushes. Five minutes later she shuts her car door and flashes to the front door. She opens the door and finds the letter titled, Mom.

            “Kyle!” She yells. “Are you here?” She opens the letter and begins to read it. Tears start to flood down her face as she stands there in disbelief. She rushes up the stairs and peers at the closed bathroom knowing behind those doors is her dead son. She can’t do it. She rushes back downstairs and grabs her phone from her purse. She struggles to on it because she is shaking so badly.

            “911, what’s your emergency?” The operator asks.

            “Hi, 25 Main St, Hill City, I believe my son has just committed suicide and I need an ambulance immediately!” Heather spits out in between sobs.

            “Have you seen his body yet?”

            “No, but he left me a suicide letter and I just want my son!” She wails.

            “Alright, I need to you to calm down, I have an ambulance on its way.

            “Thank you!” Heather breaks down crying on to the floor. “Why! Why!” She wails more. Just a few minutes later an ambulance bursts through her door.

            “Where is he, ma’am?” The lead EMT asks.

            “Upstairs in the bathroom. The door is shut, I haven’t opened the door yet, but I know he’s in there!” She wails. A bunch of emergency equipment and a stretcher is carried up the stairs outside the bathroom door. Heather follows the EMTs up the stairs and stares aimlessly at the bathroom door. She turns around as one of the EMTs opens the door.

            “Oh my god,” all of them rush in there, except for Heather who is still faced away from the bathroom door. She wails and screams and she hears the commotion of the EMTs.

            “He has no pulse!”

            “Stop the bleeding and perform CPR!” One of them yells. By now, Heather is curled into a ball still facing away from the bathroom. She doesn’t want to see the horror of what is in there, her son, dead. She is afraid to see what is in there, but she can’t lie there and do nothing, but what other choice does she have? She slowly stands up slowly peers into the bathroom door. All of her worst fears came true, her son lying on the cold bathroom floor bleeding from slitting his wrist. Heather screams and wails her lungs out as her knees get weak and she drops to the floor.

            “No!” She screams. She covers her face with her hands.

            “I still got nothing!” Another EMT announced. This made Heather cry even harder.

            “Keep going!” Another one yells.

            “Why!?” Heather wails again. Several minutes pass by and the EMTs are still making very little progress. They continue to perform CPR on Kyle and finally after twenty minutes they get a faint pulse.

            “I have a pulse!” Heather bursts out into tears once again.

            “Get an oxygen mask, now!” The EMTs continue to work on Kyle as he is put onto a stretcher and carried to the ambulance. Seeing Kyle close up was a real shock. His whole shirt�"covered in blood. His whole arm�"covered in blood. He looks as pale as a ghost and looks lifeless. Heather follows the ambulance up to the hospital. Once they get there they rush Kyle into emergency to attempt to save his life, but Heather believes it won’t be enough. The last time she saw him was fade through the bright lights of the Operating Room, she had a feeling that was the last time she was going to see her son partially alive.  



© 2015 John Duprey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poor Heather!! She had no idea any of this was going on! That's a big shock to come home to. Oh my goodness. This story.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Noooo!! :( You aren't seriously going to do this to me are you? You're going to make me cry!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 19, 2015
Last Updated on May 19, 2015

The First Day


Author

John Duprey
John Duprey

Northfield , VT



About
John Duprey, that is my name. I reside in Vermont and I'm currently working on my first novel, The First Day. I'm a Vermont portrait and landscape photographer. I'm 19 years old and my interests vary .. more..

Writing
Gas Gas

A Poem by John Duprey